Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank (page 4 of 84)

Online, Branches

Robert L

Robert LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Slow process time what the hell

Sent money to a Bankwest account for the third time .. and it’s not first time transaction so should have been instant !! Yet cba slow as usual does not process the transaction instantly and holds it for 3 days!!!! Corruption at its finest

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Is anyone even on the end of that phone?

Been with this bank for 12 years, they have been pretty decent. Their phone service when your trying to report an unauthorised payment however is suspiciously slow! When I get through they just hang up anyway. In the past when I applied for a credit card I was through in a minute. The number I was transferred to tonight didn't seem keen to resolve anything.....

David

If you block your card It doesn't even stop further unauthorised transactions! Good to see Commonwealth Bank really does care.... I don't even trust them with my mortgage now. I might just find a real bank and start from scratch.

toddmark2

toddmark2South-Eastern Region, NSW

So much for bringing the call centres back to Australia!

Have tried to call on 3 separate occasions today to report a lost credit card, but have been put in the queue for more than 25 minutes each time. Stress of losing the card was bad enough, but waiting for someone to answer the call made it even worse. Whilst the OS operators were sometimes a little hard to understand, at least they answered the phone fairly quickly. CommBank may have brought those centres back to Australia, but the operators obviously working standard Australian work hours!

Ged

GedWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Wait times

I have tried for 3 weeks to contact bank. In that time I have waited over 40 mins each time and have had to ring off. Some people have jobs to do, cant spend all break time to call. Then tried again today. Said only a 10 minute wait time. Currently I am on hold for 2 hrs and 9 minutes and counting. This is the final straw. Definitely will be moving all accounts, mortgage and shares elsewhere. Such disgusting customer service. This is not isolated. Been going on for a long long time. Only answer phone for new clients quickly. Once they have you they don't want to know

Jay

JaySouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad customer service

I’ve been in commbank 7 yrs getting stronger. Found it a reliable bank. However your online customer service there is always .01% needs to be properly tame. What a shamed.

harry

harryMelbourne

long wait times... im up to 40 minutes now and still holding

waiting to speak to someone to dispute an overdrawn account. Ive been waiting on hold for 40 minutes now with no idea how much longer i have to keep holding.

Excellent Service

Excellent Service

Absolute Joke of a Bank

Tried reporting a lost bank card to their 132221 number and was kept on hold for over an hour and a half before getting frustrated and hanging up. Rang them back and selected the option to apply for a credit card. They answered my call in 5 minutes. Good to know where your priorities lie Commonwealth Bank!

Disgruntled

DisgruntledMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst Customer Service EVER

Rang CBA On hold for 30 minutes - had to hang up. Rang back - on hold for over 40 minutes. Rang back next day with full info only to be put on hold for over 50 minutes. They had 4942 complaints in one day! Dreadful.

fred

fred

Question

trying to get a card to activate after getting it done
Asked the staff a basic question with a yes or no answer went off on a different tack

getting worse

Fergo

FergoCanberra 2600, ACT

Com bank wouldn't help when I got scammed

I was scammed by a facebook friend and they couldn't do anything. I don't know what else to put in the word limit sucks you stupid site. This site sucks.

Richard F.

Richard F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible - fu*k you CBA

Try getting through on the phone right now. I'm with the last reviewer, they're milking COVID as an excuse to under resource their call centers. I've been with this bank for 27 years and done tens of millions of dollars worth of banking with this mob and the best I can get out of them is an automated condescending phone system and excuses. I'm strongly considering going elsewhere.

Jordan T

Jordan T

Great life time Bank

I have been with Commonwealth since I was 12 years old (14 years now). Their customer service online/ at branches is set to a high standard. The banking app is very convenient, with good extra options, and it's very secure

The criteria they use for approving their mortgages is also quite achievable. Along with many payment options and bonus.

I highly recommend banking with these guys.

No customer service. Using Covid as an excuse

Only open 9:30-4 now on weekdays with no weekends due to covid? There is no logic at all for deminishing customer service. This covid excuse has gone too far. Then telling me that there is a minimum 10 minutes wait time over the phone because 'many of our customers are choosing to bank with us online' its not becausr of covid its because you arent open. Its a joke.

Belle

BelleSydney Surrounds, NSW

Do yourself a favour go elsewhere

Call wait times are minimum an hour , no matter what time you call. Still you don't get answers or call backs and are then left to call again and go through the same process.

Stunned

StunnedSydney, NSW

Shocking

Newan B.

Newan B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

No more with Commonwealth Bank

15 years
No reliable
Bad experiences in customer service Don’t bank with Commonwealth bank.
Don’t bank with Commonwealth bank.

Commbank ex - customer

Commbank ex - customerMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

We are their slaves!

If you have thousands of dollars cash money in your account then they use it to invest everywhere without even giving you a cent of profit without even mentioning about it. But if you have faced an issue with an unauthorised deduction from your account then you will lose Commbank and you are a total stranger to them .. hours of waiting over their unmotivated , senseless and irresponsible phone operators.. there is no difference if even you have been their loyal customer for almost ten years... I will keep my money at home .. that is enough feeding the bulls..

Donna L.

Donna L.Sydney, NSW

Unacceptable wait times

I have never been on hold for less than half hour when calling. Staff are poorly trained and often give wrong advice. St George customer service is so much better. Commonwealth need to respects their customers more and hire more staff.

Karsang S.

Karsang S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Its just terrible

Just terrible....So far I have wasted altogether 9 hours just listening that sound..I am getting that even in my dreams now.. and still can't reach them...after waiting for hour and half calls gets disconnected

I’m with this bad bank over 8 years still give me hard times when i call them or in-person

I’m with this bad bank over 8 years still give me hard times when i call them ,when I’m going in person. This idiots have my savings money but my loans with others bank.
Acting on your accent or color of your skin...

Andy B

Andy Basked

Commonwealth Bank

I recently sold a car and was paid with a bank cheque from CBA. I bank with them as well so thought it would be an easy transaction which would give me immediate access to the funds. How wrong was I!! We had ordered our new car and needed to use the funds from the sale of our car as a deposit for the new one. We had arranged to pick up the new car the following day, but when paying in the bank guaranteed cheque I was informed it would take 3 working days to clear!!
It is a disgrace in these modern times where everything is digital it takes 3 working days to clear a cheque - more so a ‘bank guaranteed’ cheque, being paid into the very same bank it was drawn from - unbelievable. I’m afraid this wreaks of a large corporation making use of my funds free of interest for 3 days - it is once again a banking wrought where customer service is of no consideration.
The result was we had to borrow a vehicle so that I could get to work and back each day for 4 days, thanks to CBA’s lack of customer service or care.
I would like a fair explanation as to why it should take 3 days to clear a bank guaranteed cheque, particularly without any option of fast clearance.

Dom
Dom

Bank cheques usually take 3 days it's a joke especially when you have to pay for it.
It's all a money making scam

andrew
andrew

All banks are 3 working days clearance for bank cheques its been like that for quite a few years

Lootasked

Commonwealth Bank

I ‘ve been a customer of CBA for over 50 years with 2 home loans, credit cards and savings account.Never missed a payment or went into overdraft. Out of the blue, in August received notice that they were closing all my accounts ( except joint home loan). They gave me a months notice. Despite visits tool allows barb have and many phone calls no one would tell me why, just that they are allowed to do this and do not have to give a reason. We are not involved in money laundering, fraud or any questionable activity. We have not abused any employees. We have poured over my accounts to try and identify and transactions that might have raised a red flag but can find nothing.We went to AFCC but CBA just repeated they can do this and don’t have to give a reason. We are just ordinary folk who have done nothing wrong. Anyone else experience this?

Michael_07
Michael_07

Did you lodge a complaint with AFCA?

Loot

Yes, they went to CBA and got the same answer. Can do no more.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

Jules G.
Jules G.

Me think very much you angry, angry air balloon solvent nuts. Dribble, dribble, garbage, garbage. BUT School good! School teach you write good. Beneficial superglue has nuclear almonds, in stitches. 12 years old? Nah, not enough good. He he!