Commonwealth Bank

Commonwealth Bank (page 4 of 71)

Branches, Online
1.7 from 1,414 reviews

1.7

1,414 reviews

Nelle

NelleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Another cut in services to a small town

So now the CBA bank in Yarra Junction closes between - 1-2 pm for lunch. So to go to the bank I need to take time off work. Profits before people.

Alberto Rincon

Alberto RinconGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They Charge you fees even though you paid the debt.

The bank rob systematically to people. I paid the debt of a transaction in the category of cash advance and the bank continue charging me in the continues month cash advance fee..

Sam

SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Burnt twice, never again

No Care For Their Customers

Tania

TaniaSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Be warned

I have banked with commonwealth for 22 yrs, we have our mortgage with them & had many loans & credit cards over the yrs we have never defaulted on any payments.
Today I applied for a car loan & got declined because I took super out (covid) & paid off my credit card. Bank said looks like I’m in financial hardship because I accessed my super. I’m still employed & earning a income that is paid into their bank. What a joke this is how Commonwealth bank treat good customers.

steve

steveSydney, NSW

I feel betrayed

Rosebay Branch ATM stole our Cash

Daniel H.

Daniel H.Canberra 2600, ACT

Credit Card Team- Hopeless Financial Assistance Team Hopeless

Had two loans with this bank, personal and car, paid off both about a week ago and they cancelled a credit card without leniency because of me not meeting their minimum requirements in repayments, despite both loans being paid off early, and not being at the limit of the card.

Terrible service

Wait times terrible on phone, 40 minutes this morning, then I had to give up.
This afternoon, only a 15 minute wait to begin with, however I was then 'transferred' aka put on hold, again, for another 30+ minutes.
What annoyed me the most is that I elected to receive a 'call back'. Which I did get: a call from an automated voice that said 'hopefully my problems are resolved and hung up'. What is the point of that CBA? To annoy your customers?
The CBA has branches shut to 'meet phone service demands' apparently.
I'm looking forward to breaking up with this bank.

Lynne Smith

Lynne SmithMid North Coast, NSW

Very poor on most fronts

Am 70 years old and have been a customer since school banking as well as staff from the time I left school until I had my children. Slowly I have seen the service which had always been so good erode. But now my branch has ONE working teller and a FEE of $3- to be served. Disgusting!! I needed to withdraw a large amount of cash -far too much to be comfortable getting from an ATM. This is not looking after your customers. Australia has an aging population and there was quite a queue waiting to be served. I will now be looking at my options for my banking

JamieQueensland

Bank won't allow charge back for cancelled cruise due to COVID

I rang to initiate a charge back for a deposit I paid on a cruise that was cancelled by the operator and I have yet to receive a refund for $$$ paid. I was told the bank are auto declining all covid related charge backs for cruises. I could apply but it would be automatically declined. It's easy to see the bank are looking out for the travel agents and cruise operators rather than their loyal customers. The amount was small and only a deposit but still I will be cancelling all my accounts with this bank. Disgusting when there is no charge back recourse for services not supplied.

Ethan C

Ethan C

Call centre wait times are ridiculous.

Everytime I need to call them I need to be on hold for minimum 1 hour. I don't care whether we have a pandemic or the world is coming to an end. If they want to keep operating, they need to hire more call centre staff! Thank goodness my home loan is going to be refinanced with another bank in a couple of days. Sick of dealing with this lousy bank with terrible customer service.

Terrorises customers by locking accounts and reversing transactions

Julia W.

Julia W.South East Queensland, QLD

Very happy!

I’ve been with commonwealth for over two years, as they are pretty much the only bank that offers a student credit card. Every interaction I’ve had with commonwealth has been great! I had to cancel my card in 2018 due to fraud, and again earlier this year after I lost it, and they were amazing to deal with both times. No long phone holds, onshore call centres and dealt with the fraudulent money very quickly and without hassle. The app has never been an issue, and I love the notifications to my phone anytime I purchase anything.

Vee2020

Vee2020Ballarat

Sick of these time wasters, leave them they don’t deserve your loyalty!

Been with them 3 years, had nothing but problems with their disgraceful telephone service! Waiting on the phone for hours at a time. I cannot stress highly enough that people should avoid this bank at all costs. Lousy interest rates as well! Flat out USELESS

Find out how Commonwealth Bank compares to other Banks

Transferring money takes way too long

Bank takes up to three days to transfer money across to another bank. Not of this time! Other banks transfer instantly and so should CBA. Holding the money is not okay.

Customer care

Called and hold for 2 hrs not respond at all. Second day same.
Doesn't matter what day or time you calling always on hold for alteast 1 hr. At last lost hope.

Long time on hold without being able to get through

I’ve spent four hours in the past couple of days being put on hold automatically to discuss my own home loan. Can never get through. Automated voice says phone should be answered within 30 minutes but that estimate is not even close.

cavok76

cavok76South East Queensland, QLD

Useless at every turn

Banker with their products for 30 years, had business accounts for 3. You cannot trust this bank to provide a basic level of consistent Service. In this connected age they will block debit card transactions with fully funded accounts and not let you know until you find out from the merchant it did not work. No apologies. Want to make a complaint, person/department you make the complaint about will take the details. In a word, USELESS.

tony

tonyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

misuse of personal details

This bank without asking, opened a debit account in my name. The first I knew off this was when I received a card in the mail. I did not ask for this account to be opened. This is a misuse of my personal details. Once again this bank showed ethical behavior means little to them. The royal commission into their behavior appears to have taught them nothing.

Megs M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

Branch manager accused me of POA abuse. Brothers used threat of loosing apartment to cohere her to bank. They were agressive & saying horrible things about the POS. Mum tried to explain that she knows but brothers ignored her, they know she fragile since dad died and she’s grieving. They know she not to stressed, threatened or anything that could another stroke but they just so agressive she couldn’t get them to stop. Clearly agetated &’upset there was no duty of care about mums emotional state. Cba branch manager continued to rattle off amounts mums still persisting that I know about that but they didn’t listen and basically ignored mum and talked amongst themselves. Mum and I share everything - our money is both mum and mine. I do buy grog cerise’s, scripts, petrol moving costs - mum pays the 1/2 utilities and I pay half or whatever. Now my reputation as well as my deceased dads name is being slandered in my home town...that branch manager did not handle appropriately but sneaky. CBA did not contact mum regarding homeloan in arrears. Never in the 3-4 months this was accumulating did the bank advise. I have tried to communicate with them regarding sale of unit hold up due pandemic and the info said homeloans would get blah blah. I want this condescending woman fired for causing undue stress worry all because she ignored what mum was trying to tell her and just spoke to men. I came home after renovating to find a broken woman who’s glue was nearly dry crumbled again and so I started gluing pieces back on. Mum gave me bills to pay so I went to post office and advised decline. So I emailed branch manager advising have utilities to pay, can you arranged a letter so mum can read instead of comprehend that her utilities, prescriptions. And home repayments have now been rectified due to mum having account where the direct debit for loan. I have sent a few detailed emails & as yet 5 days have not received any explanation for mum or have even done anything are did you arrange for So my question is:
Did the branch manager follow procedure.
Did branch manager ignore my emails advising I can’t pay debit, scripts anything as have been blocked so who buys food pays bills now.. I have no idea. She’ll disregard my emails regarding house market during covid. should you make she you have your facts in order before defaming a persons reputation.

Alee will
Alee will

I am so terribly sorry to hear this has happened to you!!!Please contact the bank and ask to speak to a manager,this is disgusting behaviour!!

Megs M.

Tried she refused to see me ignored my emails. I’ve advised my solicitor. I’ve spoken with financial ombudsman and customer connect which help resolve issues but I don’t want resolves I want an apology to my mother and the person reprimanded. But Thankyou for you’re support - I’m still shaking my head at the assumptions and defamation x

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the good and bad things of common wealth bank

alan
alan

they are the same as any other bank all bad no good

Megs M.

No duty of care. An aggressive branch managers who showed no duty of care of my “elderly” mother. Who sneered at me the first time I was introduced. So she accused me of POA abuse & that was incorrect but I received not apology still treated me like a criminal.

James M.

James M.asked

Commonwealth Bank

what are the bad and good things of the common wealth bank

Other Banks