Community First Credit Union

Community First Credit Union

• Loan TypeVariable Rate (21) · Fixed Rate (14) · Line of Credit (7)
  • Application Process
  • Timeliness
  • Loan used for
    • Renovation (12)
    • First Home (4)
    • Refinancing (3)
    • Second Home (3)
    • Home Construction (2)
    • Investment Property (1)
  • Loan Term5.842 years (19)
  • Online Tools
Josh Salk

Josh Salk

Excellent the whole way through

Narelle was very responsive and easy to deal with through the entire process. She helped outline exactly what we would need to provide and hit timeframes. Would highly recommend Narelle and the Easy Street finance team.

Hi Josh

Awesome! Thank you very much for the review. Glad that you had a good experiece with us guided by Narelle. Hope to see you again soon.

Sandie H.

Sandie H.South East Queensland, QLD

Really poor service - Green Loan Application

Appalling customer service - auto generated emails requesting info already provided. Turnaround 7 weeks. Really difficult to speak to anyone. Finally two emails in two days from them - one saying loan approved and the next saying declined. Emails only sent to male applicant even though I requested they go to me.

Highly recommend Community First Narellan

I dropped into Community First Narellan to enquiry about loan as a first home buyer and was served Roeli. Roeli assisted me through the whole process and extremely helpful it made it feel like a breeze. Highly recommend you go see Roeli best service and knows his stuff.

Loan used forFirst Home

Joanne S.

Joanne S.Sydney, NSW

I've been a member since 2005 and would never go back to a bank. Their varied products are perfect for me with manageable fees and options. Highly recommend becoming a member. Great personalised service and help given. Patty at Bankstown branch is the best.

Loan Start DateMarch 2008
Loan used forFirst Home

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for the review and being such a loyal member for nearly two decades. Glad to hear are happy with the service.

rosie

rosieNew South Wales

Competence and friendliness

I’ve been with Community First 25 years, I applied for a loan and got quick, reliable and friendly service, Esp with the current times, it again has proven to me that they extend an excellent service, wouldn’t go anywhere else.

Hi Rosie

Awesome! Thank you so much for the review. It has been great doing business with you for over two decades, and we hope to continue for more.

Jackson H.

Jackson H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome service, Lateesha was lovely.

Customer service was outstanding, feels good to be part of a community bank.
Very transparent products and staff are always willing to help. Have recommended to friends and family.

Thank Green Team!

Loan used forRenovation

Debbie Wilson

Debbie WilsonSydney Surrounds, NSW

outstanding customer service

The ongoing customer service at Rouse Hill branch is excellent. The staff there are very helpful and very compassionate, especially dealing with myself and my father as my dad has dementia. mostly I deal with dads financial affairs at this branch, but they also deal with my dad on occasion which isn't easy sometimes. But they show my dad the utmost respect and they always help my dad anyway they can, they are a true credit to your company. My father and I have been members for many years, and we wouldn't bank anywhere else.

Hi Debbie,

Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted to see that you are in good hands and happy with our services at Rouse Hill store.

Shannon D.

Shannon D.South East Queensland, QLD

Long wait times for approval

We have applied for the green loan and the wait time for the application to be processed has been going on 6 weeks. The communication with staff is minimal and often different people get back to you or not at all. One staff member said we should hear back within 24/48 hrs, after several emails with no response I am still waiting and it’s now 4 working days. I am disappointed as we are already a customer.

Loan used forHome Construction
Lynne

LynneSydney, NSW

Loan application

The customer service experience was excellent.
I didn't experience and extra costs or other issues
I was very satisfied with the efficient and excellent service I received and thanks to Sabina for all professional help

Loan Start DateMarch 2020
Loan used forRefinancing

Customerr

CustomerrSydney, NSW

ATM withdrawl at Miranda

On February 27 I visited the CBA at Westfield ATM and made a withdrawal of $400.AS an 80 year old
I was slow to recover the cash that came out as I was putting away the card and receicpt.I was totally unaware that the cash compartment would close soon.Anyway I made a trip to Cronulla Community First
CU and made the necessary report to the Manager in Charge Mr.Alexandria who was kind enough to
look in this matter.I had no doubt that our CU will promptly resolve this as I am a long time member.
Thank you Alex and kind regards to all at Cronulla.Excellent service 10/10

Larry Sundram

Hi

Thank you for the review. Glad that Alex has manage to assist you to, hope this will sort out your problem.

Guy

GuySydney Surrounds, NSW

Friendly and professional experience with Community First Credit Union

We did some research into the different green loans available and found the Community First Credit Union green loan the most appealing for several reasons including but limited to their lower interest rate and some of the product details/terms. On applying for our loan, we found Community First Credit Union to be very helpful in assisting with our loan application, in explaining the details of their product and the processes for gaining loan approval. Their customer service was excellent and both my wife and I really appreciated their help and assistance. We would describe our experience with Community First Credit Union as friendly and professional.

Mick Steele

Mick SteeleSydney, NSW

Fantastic service and great product

Used them for a Green Loan for my solar battery system. Simple account setup and great customer service through the life of the loan. I work for another financial institution, but they couldn't match the rates on offer by Community First. Even at the end of my loan, where I chose to leave the Credit Union, there was no pressure to remain or any attempt to sell me more products. If I am ever looking for another financial institution once I leave my current employer, I'll certainly look at Community First.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2018
Loan used forRenovation

Hi Guy

Fantastic! Thanks for the review. We surely do hope you stay longer and try some of our other products range.

Matt D

Matt DSydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome product and amazing staff!

We recently obtained a green loan for our solar install. The entire process was easy, and the staff were awesome! I highly recommend this option to anyone considering a solar install.

HI Matt

Thank you for the review. Hope you love your green energy as part of your household.

Sensei

SenseiTownsville

Streamlined process

Excellent customer support, and talking to real people who value their customer base.
I am very satisfied with the experience and highly recommend Community First Credit Union.
If I have to do this again, I will choose Community First Credit Union!

Hi Sensei,

Thanks so much for the review. We pride ourselves with our high level of service, so we are glad to see your satisfaction as the result. Hope to see you again soon.

Barb

BarbSydney, NSW

Fantastic Rate and a fast approval

From the moment i applied for a car loan to it being approved was roughly 3 days, pretty good when you consider the rate is only 5.34%

A Huge shout out to Sabina in the loans area who was fantastic at communicating the whole way through the process

Hi Barb,

Awesome! Glad that you had a great experience with CFCU and Sabina provided you with an excellent service. Hope to see you again soon.

MGrath Pink Visa Credit Card

I found this Company highly professional and would recommend them in an instant. The lady who assisted me with my application was excellent. Before I confirmed to sign up for this card I was made fully aware of the outlay of all costs etc.

I am also very happy half of my yearly fee will be given to the McGrath Foundation.

Loan TypeLine of Credit

Hi Jill

Thank you for your review. Glad that you were being looked after and happy with the service. Hope to see you again soon.

Mandy

Mandy

Customer service is everything!

Misplacing a card is not a problem or a stressful event with Community First. They stopped my card immediately and were only too happy to reactivate it when I found my card! Polite, professional service is amazing. Thank you Bushra and Community First.

Hi Mandy

Thank you very much for your review. Glad that we could help you with a quick help.

Green Solar Loan

Was extremely happy with the level of service and the speed of approval.
Am know able to enjoy the benefits of solar without the high electricity costs.
Would highly recommend Community First.

Hi Jeremy

Thank you for your review. Glad that your solar energy is now sorted. Hope to see you again soon!

Green solar loan

Great rate, low fees smashed the banks rates and support households source clean energy from the sun ! Easy application process pretty quick turn around and funding, very happy would definitely recommend

mouse

mouse

The loan was what we needed

The service from any of the staff who has contacted me have all been excellent in their intraction with me and I cannot say any more for them. With regard to the loan it is all that I expected and the interest rate is good.

Loan Start DateNovember 2019