Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 3 of 3)

Their approach to lead gen is so off putting

I was browsing the website last night and about 2 minutes after entering my details my phone rang twice from an unknown number. I didn’t ask for a call or want a call at 8pm but answered because I figured it wouldn’t stop until I spoke to them. I had multiple follow up emails afterwards and the whole process was just annoying. I’m not even bothered going back to the website now to look for other quotes.

Don’t call people unless they ask for it. After reading more reviews I can see tonnes of other people in a similar boat to me.

MTi

MTiMelbourne

Disappointed - check and double-check. Don't let them sign you up on the spot.

Melissa T.

Melissa T.Melbourne

Gave me a call after I entered in details

I understand that I entered my details and that's going to be "well duh, no wonder why they called!" but it's still quite frustrating that I was just having a look and wasn't looking to commit but they person who called (I got a call on (03) 7017 7760) was adamant on selling me some insurance, which is fine that's their job, I'm glad they understood that I was researching and not looking to commit.

So, be wary of entering your contact details if you're having a look. I wish I learnt that beforehand!

Insurance Comparison Websites

Find out how Compare The Market compares to other Insurance Comparison Websites

Dodgy website!

I went onto the website, then noticed it was going to be asking me for all these "contact details" did my review check and could see NO WAY. Went back to the website to close it and found it was difficult to back track or close it without the help of Chrome. You remember those spammy pop up websites??? Yes feels like one.

Emma

Emma

Selling data

I used Compare the market to get house insurance quotes. Since then I get a call pretty much every week from a different company trying to sell me insurance, so far it's been funeral, life, income protection, home and contents and car. I have more blocked numbers on my phone than people I want to talk to. Never will I use them again.

Kitty kat

Kitty katMelbourne

Wrong advice

I called CTF just to see what was around for health insurance. I specified no waiting periods with any new provider, but they gave me a new provider with waiting periods. And now it is a mini nightmare trying to get back to my old provider. The back up customer service is poor once they have you. Such a shame as CTM is a great marketing concept.

Dave

DaveSydney

Inaccuracy and bias against certain providers

Bill

BillPerth, WA

Too hard to compare the market

Hello.
Compare the market seems like a good idea.
I was trying to fill in the online details to obtain comparative quotes on Health Cover.

I never made it to the end as I kept on being interrupted by staff wanting to have a real time chat.
I politely declined for the 3rd time and then twice more my progress was interrupted.

I gave up.

Rickw

RickwSydney Surrounds, NSW

Their poor service does not compare

Insurance Comparison Websites

Find out how Compare The Market compares to other Insurance Comparison Websites

DaveF

DaveFAdelaide

What are they really comparing?

How can "CompareTheMarket.com" say they're comparing the market when all the companies they're comparing are different branches of their own huge corporate body?

"Compare the market" actually means compare your model of car with their list of the models they consider to be a safe risk (irrespective of what kind of driver you are). If your car isn't on their list then they won't insure you. End of story!