Anna S.

Anna S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude and pushy salespeople

I was quite disgruntled by your sales staff who have been calling me all day. When I finally returned the call because I didn't know who it was, I politely advised the consultant that I have been an Insurance broker myself but this didn't stop him from going into a barrage of "it doesn't mean you know everything about health insurance..." and I tried to stop him a few times and then when I finally got through to him he was rude and cut the call. Not what i would expect from such a company. If you're going to cold call maybe be polite and listen to win business instead of being a pushy salesperson.

Sold my contact details

Within days of giving an unused email address to compare the market, I started to receive spam about insurance. The culprit could not have been more obvious and I want my share of the profits.

Dennis

DennisSydney, NSW

Looks to me as if like Google searches you get paid to list companies at the top of your "cheapest" list

So was looking around for a quote on home insurance and contents and result yielded a very narrow list of insurance companies who by the way were on the Choice naughty list for screwing customers in bushfire zones. I then visited another company's website, who was nowhere to be seen on your list, and they were much cheaper than any on your so-called cheapest list. Bogus and fake and obviously receive kickbacks.

Rob

RobBonython 2905, ACT

Compare the market - compare the rudeness more like it

After an online enquiry, have been flooded with email spam and phone call after phone call, when I told the person I had received enough information off their site, which is what it is for, they immediately and rudely hung up on me without a word. Very poor service, so I'm telling everyone now. How rude.

Hi Rob,
We are very sorry to hear of the experience you have had and we would like to investigate this further. Can you please contact our team on customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au with your details ?
Many thanks

Port M.

Port M.

Meerkat Mondays

As you are part of the Spotify "Meerkat Mondays" campaign, where they play the same add over and over at full volume, I have rated you on your ethics.
This just shows what sort of company you are.
I WILL NEVER use Compare the Market, or any of my current or future family.
Simples.

Raisa

Raisa Perth, WA

Information transfer to the insurer

I am applied LHC when it should not be. The Australian rebate is applied wrong by the insurer. All the details had been provided to compare the market except for previous policy. Was told that when policy number given to new insurer the LHC will be removed. Now it's harder then it looks. I have to stop the new policy and start looking again.

Hi Raisa,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and we would like to investigate this further. Can you please contact our team on customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au with your details ?
Many thanks

Hamid

Hamid

Never again

I consulted comparethemarket on switching my health insurance. They gave me a lower price, so I did switch. Once all done, I found myself paying even a higher premium; all because of the incomplete information I was given.

Full of lies

After comparing online, a lady called me and promised that they take care of cancelling my previous insurance, new insurance will get transfer certificate. It is full of lies. NoIntegrity

Jack Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just plain harrassment

Your sales strategy of bombarding your customers with calls is deplorable. I reckon I blocked a dozen different numbers, soon as one was blocked a new number arises. Pressure tactics is crap i deal with day in and out so I'm fine with it, just ignore cause you have zero leverage but I just think of your targets, the elderly and easily influenced. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Daniel CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Constant nuisance phone calls

I did an online comparison for my car insurance, and the very next day I received three phone calls each two hours apart, wanting to discuss my needs. This despite me clearly telling them I didn't request a call back, and please remove me from your call list. "Oh yes sorry for the inconvenience" and yet more calls keep coming. I've now blocked these nuisance calls. It's actually put me off ever buying insurance through Compare The Market. I don't respond well to the high pressure sales tactics.

Daniel C

If you were “sorry” you’d change your business practises. Judging by your negative reviews here, obviously I’m not the only one who has a problem with your company’s conduct.

Stop calling me

I compared a few quotes online and now you keep calling me even though I've clearly stated Im not interested. Didn't even want the first call back stop annoying me.

Graeme

GraemeSheppartonq

Annoying repeated phone calls

Unwanted, persistant calls to my phone. Unsure how to stop this. I'm guessing that permission to call me was quietly tucked away in the agreement. User, be aware of this when you share your phone number.

Victoria

Beware, they are deceptive!

If you are looking for your same cover but perhaps a better deal, be VERY careful. They drop important services you were previously covered for without telling you - and then blame you for not asking for each individual service you were covered for when moving to a new cover. Simply asking for the same cover is not enough apparently! I honestly wouldn’t bother with them - I would have done a much better job myself AND been better off without them.

Victoria

Really? Would that result in a different outcome to the last time I spoke to your customer resolutions and subsequently the ombudsman?

Shannon G.Compare The Market

Bad rep that didn’t present all the facts.

The rep assured me that I would get 6 weeks free when joining however the offer doesn’t apply when joining via a broker. The offer only applies to signing up online however the rep lied about it.

Aman Khanna

Aman KhannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional

I do not remember the girl name I think [name removed] but she was very very rude over the phone
Very unprofessional
Telling customer listen to me and just reading from website instead of explaining

Not recommended at all

LawStudy

LawStudy

Information sellers PLEASE READ

I gave my information to compare the market specifically with slightly different spelling , I did not got through with any change . However I have been inundated with callers from INDIA trying to get me to change energy providers. There is no doubt they are selling your info and you will get ongoing calls. No one else had my name spelt wrong, DO NOT USE, they are scammers

Simon

Simon South East Queensland, QLD

Signed me up for energy and gas even though I only asked for gas...

Rang for a quote for energy and gas, decided to go for the Gas only as they couldn’t beat the price of my current energy provider. Got a text from the gas company a week later saying my energy and gas were switched over.

Jay

Jay Darwin, NT

Extremely disappointed

Quoted a price per month then received policy with a significantly higher price ????
Not impressed how rushed the sign up process was.
Very disappointed with the attention to detail. Not happy.

No action

Nobody turned up. I waited for over 6 hours after being told I had to be there otherwise extra fees could apply. I wasted an entire afternoon. Would not recommend

Kelli

Kelli Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Disappointing

The recommendation I received was for a company with one of the worst reviews in the country. I will not be going ahead with the recommended company. I was very disappointed and won't be using compare the market agsin.