Compare The Market

Bad rep that didn’t present all the facts.

The rep assured me that I would get 6 weeks free when joining however the offer doesn’t apply when joining via a broker. The offer only applies to signing up online however the rep lied about it.

A.R

A.RSydney, NSW

Never Again

Aman Khanna

Aman KhannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional

I do not remember the girl name I think [name removed] but she was very very rude over the phone
Very unprofessional
Telling customer listen to me and just reading from website instead of explaining

Not recommended at all

LawStudy

LawStudy

Information sellers PLEASE READ

I gave my information to compare the market specifically with slightly different spelling , I did not got through with any change . However I have been inundated with callers from INDIA trying to get me to change energy providers. There is no doubt they are selling your info and you will get ongoing calls. No one else had my name spelt wrong, DO NOT USE, they are scammers

Simon

Simon South East Queensland, QLD

Signed me up for energy and gas even though I only asked for gas...

Rang for a quote for energy and gas, decided to go for the Gas only as they couldn’t beat the price of my current energy provider. Got a text from the gas company a week later saying my energy and gas were switched over.

Jay

Jay Darwin, NT

Extremely disappointed

Quoted a price per month then received policy with a significantly higher price ????
Not impressed how rushed the sign up process was.
Very disappointed with the attention to detail. Not happy.

No action

Nobody turned up. I waited for over 6 hours after being told I had to be there otherwise extra fees could apply. I wasted an entire afternoon. Would not recommend

Kelli

Kelli Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Disappointing

The recommendation I received was for a company with one of the worst reviews in the country. I will not be going ahead with the recommended company. I was very disappointed and won't be using compare the market agsin.

Lucinda M.

Lucinda M.Central West, NSW

Be careful you will have your personal information shared .

Veronica S.

Veronica S.South East Queensland, QLD

Mislead to believe purchase of hospital cover including extras

I was searching health insurance products and was called within seconds of submitting my form. Through the conversation with the compare the market agent I made it clear that I wanted extras cover and I believed the quote I received included extras cover. After receiving my welcome pack from the insurer, I reviewed it and noted it did not include extras cover. I telephoned the insurer who confirmed this. I am very disappointed with the service I received from compare the market and would absolutely recommend that if you take out any type of insurance with this company that you review your policy. Very disappointed and would not recommend at all.

V Stewart - Qld

Maggie

MaggieBrisbane

Site is GREAT but information seems to get sent to scam artists

The actual site is great! Easy to navigate and my needs were seen to efficiently. But, I had not had a scam caller in over 5 years and suddenly, I have started to get scam callers 2 days out from signing up with compare the market. I know I signed a disclaimer for third parties but seriously did not expect scam calls. Very disappointed and this cannot be a coincidence.

Incorrect advise

I was advised i wasnt covered for a procedure i was likely to need under my current policy and was advised to move provider. This was then stated as incorrect

johann n.

johann n.Perth, WA

what alot of crap

very expenive policy went to islect got same coverage at half the price hat the bloody deal th that be careful poeple shop around best is not alays the case ith tings

Gaurav

GauravGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Customer handling - No sense of service

Poor Customer handling - No sense of service. Had to chase tons of times with ComparetheMarket to execute the actions - They kept repeating wait and we will do something - Waited 10days but No actions whatsoever

Geoff

Geoff Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

FEEDBACK

Through compare the market I was offered a $50.00 gift card on taking out both home and holiday home insurance with ING, this I did on 4/8/2020 but never heard a thing more.
Thanks, Geoff

Anonymous

AnonymousGippsland, VIC

Annoying and Spammy

Too many emails and calls. Very annoying. Received numerous calls and texts from compare the market. It is very frustrating when you use something to find the best deal And then your details are used so you can be hassled and chased by them or other companies

Peter

Peter Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My electricity didn't go through even I've completed all sign off process.

Sign up a plan with comparethemarket on the phone but it's not going through to the provider.
As I need the electricity by tomorrow, fortunately I called up the provider to find out and I just need to sign up again. not happy

gary b.

gary b.Perth, WA

Not how it was sold to me

I was informed there was no waiting periods for anything I had on my previous insurance, but this is not the case. On checking waiting times with my new insurer I am unable to access any extras for at least two months

never again

Started off fine then turned into one big pressure sale ,felt very disappointed when I realized it wasn't about helping me but just getting a sale .I took the plan as I knew I needed one but they would have had my business again if they had of let me think about it but now I will definitely not recommend them to anyone .just one big sale pitch .

David RichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor back of house function and inaccurate plan information

Do not use this site. Signed up with a Electricity offer with a new provider. Information sent by the website to the new provider was incomplete preventing provisioning. Incorrect plan information also provided. Ended up signing up with energy provider directly.

David Rich

I have already provided feedback over the phone with your organisation, prior to posting this review.