Compare The Market

Good for comparisons but then the spam calls start and don't stop.

Have compared energy, car insurance on here. It is a helpful insightful service.

However I just looked up medical insurance on advice I may be up for a large hospital bill by unless I wait for God knows how many years on the public hospital list. I decided the insurance didn't outweigh the cost of what I needed for two one off bills and not to pursue it .

However I was called off a Queensland number multiple times. So I blocked it. Next day called of a VIC number to "help me".

I both do not actually need or benefit from but also don't want the insurance. Trying to sell me crap I don't need or want.

Not fully informed

Although the salesman was pleasant and seemed helpful, it was not made clear to me when I switched health funds that I was signing up to a higher level of extras cover and therefore would have to serve a two month waiting period on extras (at a time when I needed it the most). By signing up through Compare the Market I also missed out on the promotion whereby the company I signed up with was waiving waiting periods on extras. It also was not explained to me that once I made a claim with my new fund, my cooling off period with my old fund was forfeit. Now I find myself in a position where I have no extras cover and can neither go back to my old fund or claim with my new fund. I would not use this service again.

Ashneel

Ashneel South East Queensland, QLD

Time wasted

Have ordered electricity and gas connection by these guys. The said they ordered the installation through a supplier and asked us to be on site between 1 and 6pm. They never showed up. I called to trace and they didn't send the job over to the supplier...
Took time off work for this too. There guys wasted my time.

Luke C.

Luke C.Hunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't use them again.

The service was ok and they found competitive products however it took 3 calls to get the connection all set up (twice they were the hold up and once I was) and then in the days afterwards I received a flurry of sales calls from different companies including energy providers and solar companies. Assume they are onselling customer details.

Banyek

BanyekWestern Australia

Headache

So you go to the website, you answer the questions, you get the quotes than you get transferred to the "trusted partner" where you answer more questions, and after you wasted your time you'll be told that based on the details you provided you cannot be insured. And they ask questions that nobody has the answer for on hand and if you give them inaccurate information they will probably refuse your claim (that's not a fact only my speculation) saying that they asked you how many strands of grey hair you have and you didn't count them properly.

CathySouth West, QLD

Had to do most of the work mysel

Advertising suggests that the company will do the work for me. So far I have spent over 3 hours completing the transfer from old to new. I could have done the comparison myself on line

Alex W

Alex WPerth, WA

Price not quite as advertised

The comparison was really helpful, but the final price offered by the insurer was marginally more expensive than what I agreed to when signing up through the website. I also received a call from Compare the Market while I was still in the process of using the comparison tool, which I found quite invasive and frustrating.

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worked out to be cheaper if I did it myself

Wasn't really worth my time. After all the sales talk and legal spiel. I ended up paying more and needed to follow up on everything myself. Details were left out until 45 minutes into the sales talk. overall not really a happy experience. Luckily with the 30 days cooling off I was able to change everything back without to much hassle.

Thanks Steve

Steve

Hi Katrina, I’m more then happy to provide you with more details. Feel free to reach out.

Good service bad spam

Service was great. However, upon entering my details I began getting spam calls daily, outweighing the benefit of the service.

Allowed me to get a good price and simplified process. However I resent having my info shared with spam callers that now call each day.

Grant Innis

Grant InnisSydney, NSW

Average

Got information that was ok, was bugged but some cocky sales person who called as I was filling out the online application and wanted to record the conversation and acted like a doushe bag, told him I’d rather use the Internet. Connection never happened to the service that was the cheapest and decided to go Independant.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Customer service was good. Product info doesn't exist

the phone call and conversation was precise and informative. 3 days before my service is due to commence I have still received no information from the electricity provider. This has left me worried and uncertain if my service is even going to commence .

JAK

JAKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Incomplete provider options

I was offered a rate 1% better than I was offered by my currrent provider to contract with them again. There are better options. I also requested that the new plan not commence until my old plan expired but when the docs came through it commenced immediately. Needless to say, I cancelled during the 10day cooling off period.

Darren Ross

Darren RossHunter Region, NSW

Its not compare the market its sell a policy

Called to compare health funds but ended up signed up with a new fund. Was told we had until the Wednesday to decide if we wanted to go ahead but on Monday we received welcome letters from the fund telling us are membership cards were in the mail. Not happy and will not use again.

Nathalie

Nathalie Illawarra, NSW

Not received confirming email or anything from AGL

Was told I would receive information from signing up to AGL. I have still not received anything. Have I changed companies for my electricity and solar or not? Not sure

Joshua

Joshua Perth, WA

Every insurer offered is auto and general

Nearly every car insurer recommended is just auto and general rebadged - does not have suncorp, rac, huddle. Compare the market is owned by auto and general and sells auto and general

MichaelStrathfield

The good news and the bad news

These guys were great for my home insurance but life insurance was a terrible experience.I got bombarded with questions and at the end never even got a call back.Im 49 only ever had slightly high cholesterol 5.8 from 5.5 ( normal ) Sugar always great ,I don’t smoke and have had a Hernia,also I had a TP claim this sent them running lol .Trust me guys insurance companies want people that will never claim and when they do your voice is recorded and used against you,people don’t fall for the easy applications Story either.

Michael

Just telling people how it is when applying for life insurance and how the insurance companies act ,which they should be disclosing more openly.

They process of changing insurance was quick and great.
Customer Service from Compare the Market on the 5/4/2020 Appalling
They called, i answered they hung up, i called the number they called me on
0488862364 and was told they could not answer my question someone will call me back.........

Rasmus L.

Rasmus L.South East Queensland, QLD

A very slow and lengthy process.

Make sure you have time. Your ears will bleed after the amount of disclosure information that is read out to you... Much of it is hard to understand legal terms, and to be completely honest, even though I ended up buying health insurance here, I do not feel confident I got a good deal, and I do not think I will ever use this service again. I regret buying it here. I suggest you think twice...

Richard Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Issues with website

Would not load postal address.
Wrong company selected Alinta v Energy
Had to resort to phone to fix.
Twelve more words - Restrictions on words is example of why your web site is so bad

Hi Shannon
I think my issues stem from a web page issue. The encoder has been very prescriptive so that anything outside expected parameters is rejected. Insisting that feedback must be greater than 30 words is strange too.

Nocky

NockySouth West, WA

Ok but wont answer emails

Saved time and I got a thankyou email for purchasing through Compare the market but no Wish gift card, I have emailed customer support about the gift card but to date no reply plus i seem to be getting a lot of spam emails since using CTM especially Bitcoin related that have endorsed by Aussie Celebrities, I will say it saved time using CTM but lack of support and the spam is the reason for low mark