Kathleen B.
Kathleen B.South East Queensland, QLD

Never heard back

I spoke with a consultant and she said everything was going to be organised for me... I had a call from the extras cover people but nothing from my hospital cover company

kkk
kkkSydney, NSW

Did not like the process

customers cant compare the plans without providing their phone numbers. I just wanted to window shopping at first and take my time to make the decision but someone called me straight away which was annoying.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Good for comparisons but then the spam calls start and don't stop.

Have compared energy, car insurance on here. It is a helpful insightful service.

However I just looked up medical insurance on advice I may be up for a large hospital bill by unless I wait for God knows how many years on the public hospital list. I decided the insurance didn't outweigh the cost of what I needed for two one off bills and not to pursue it .

However I was called off a Queensland number multiple times. So I blocked it. Next day called of a VIC number to "help me".

I both do not actually need or benefit from but also don't want the insurance. Trying to sell me crap I don't need or want.

Not fully informed

Although the salesman was pleasant and seemed helpful, it was not made clear to me when I switched health funds that I was signing up to a higher level of extras cover and therefore would have to serve a two month waiting period on extras (at a time when I needed it the most). By signing up through Compare the Market I also missed out on the promotion whereby the company I signed up with was waiving waiting periods on extras. It also was not explained to me that once I made a claim with my new fund, my cooling off period with my old fund was forfeit. Now I find myself in a position where I have no extras cover and can neither go back to my old fund or claim with my new fund. I would not use this service again.

Ashneel
Ashneel South East Queensland, QLD

Time wasted

Have ordered electricity and gas connection by these guys. The said they ordered the installation through a supplier and asked us to be on site between 1 and 6pm. They never showed up. I called to trace and they didn't send the job over to the supplier...
Took time off work for this too. There guys wasted my time.

Luke C.
Luke C.Hunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't use them again.

The service was ok and they found competitive products however it took 3 calls to get the connection all set up (twice they were the hold up and once I was) and then in the days afterwards I received a flurry of sales calls from different companies including energy providers and solar companies. Assume they are onselling customer details.

Banyek
BanyekWestern Australia

Headache

So you go to the website, you answer the questions, you get the quotes than you get transferred to the "trusted partner" where you answer more questions, and after you wasted your time you'll be told that based on the details you provided you cannot be insured. And they ask questions that nobody has the answer for on hand and if you give them inaccurate information they will probably refuse your claim (that's not a fact only my speculation) saying that they asked you how many strands of grey hair you have and you didn't count them properly.

Agus
Agus Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lack of transparency and rigour?

CathySouth West, QLD

Had to do most of the work mysel

Advertising suggests that the company will do the work for me. So far I have spent over 3 hours completing the transfer from old to new. I could have done the comparison myself on line

Ok eventually

My first contact was very useful to simply explain the best option for gas and electricity. However I was signed up to the wrong company and had to call back. Was relatively quickly (a few days) fixed however now have received confirmation and address was not correct. So I’ve had to spend more time getting that corrected direct to the new supplier. Next time I may compare, but do sign up myself.

Alex W
Alex WPerth, WA

Price not quite as advertised

The comparison was really helpful, but the final price offered by the insurer was marginally more expensive than what I agreed to when signing up through the website. I also received a call from Compare the Market while I was still in the process of using the comparison tool, which I found quite invasive and frustrating.

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worked out to be cheaper if I did it myself

Wasn't really worth my time. After all the sales talk and legal spiel. I ended up paying more and needed to follow up on everything myself. Details were left out until 45 minutes into the sales talk. overall not really a happy experience. Luckily with the 30 days cooling off I was able to change everything back without to much hassle.

Thanks Steve

Steve

Hi Katrina, I’m more then happy to provide you with more details. Feel free to reach out.

Sonia
Sonia Illawarra, NSW

Not the right providers

After submitting all the info regarding my car and the desire to have my 22 year old daughter covered by the policy, the selected insurer told me that they would not cover anyone under 25 for my car as it was considered a performance vehicle. This would have been good to know before opting for the policy. So why offer up potential insurers, if they are not going to cover you as per the submitted info.

Not exactly accurate

I have quotes and although it showed what was cheapest to expensive accurately, when you go to the partners and enter the exact details, it is way more expensive than the quotes your site lists.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Wouldn't use this service again.

I encountered a problem with my internet service provider arranged by Compare The Market. Contacted CTM a few times for help but several calls and still no joy. Totally frustrated.