Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Mike
MikePerth

No comparisons

Filled out all the details for comprehensive insurance on a work van.
The last page said can't offer any comparisons on the info you provided
And I provided simple and suitable info.

Aggressive selling

I checked health fund prices and information.
Very happy with information sent.
Followup phone call 5 minutes later [not requested] was a aggressive change funds NOW conversation.
I need time to check details, check with my current service providers and discuss with my wife before masking any decision.
Not happy that I was given a hard sell.

unhappy
unhappy

Not giving you my optus login as this is just another con job.

Shannon G.Compare The Market

Phone call led to me signing up and I didn’t want that

I feel the service doesn’t just offer comparison, you get a phone call to discuss the results and then if you’re not strong like me, end up signing up on the phone. Now I have had to go back and cancel the changes. I don’t like being pushed into things so will probably steer clear in the future.
I ended up finding a better deal during my own research.

Absolutely terrible

Biggest waste of time ever. Gave me two quotes that were over priced. Five minutes on aami and got a much cheaper quote. No need to waste time on this site.

jon s.
jon s.Southeast, SA

Getting quotes is easy

Always good to compare what other companies are offering. Quotes were competitive but excess payments were higher than my current insurer. Due to this i will be staying with the same company.

Tiffany
Tiffany Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been lied to

Was excited when the process was so quick and fast. The 5 days later, get a call saying my connection could not occur due to the type of metre we had. Contacted a different provider who said that not this wasn't the case and could connect us.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Ian
Ian

Don't bother with this!!!

Seriously don't bother getting quotes from the compare the market. I did and now I am getting calls left, right and centre. Also the cheapest quote I got was over $1200. I then looked at the companies they showed as the cheapest. Did not to go with any of them. Decided to ring racq for a quote oncar insurance and they were $700. Yet compare never even searched them

alanloganjacksonconnor
alanloganjacksonconnorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn’t do very well at comparing the entire market

Dearer quotes.

Got quotes for House and contents and all where higher then directly from the company and not all companies where shown, e.g. AAMI which was the cheapest.
Only wasted my time.

Stanier98
Stanier98Sydney, NSW

Market prices presented quickly

Prices received , apart from one, did not compete with my existing insurer. I hadn’t ever heard of the cheapie so didn’t go with them. I’ve stayed with the company I’ve been with since 1974.

ron k.
ron k.South East Queensland, QLD

scammers delight

called to compare quotes house/contents polities next day received phone call from company in SOUTH AFRICA to see if their quote compared to other companies thought was dealing with AUSTRALIAN companies not broad casting my personal details overseas great for the scammers to use

leafnblade
leafnbladeRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Rip Off

Promised a discount when signing up on first years Premium - never applied it. Contacted Insurance company and they said it was for Compare the Market to apply, contacted Compare the Market and they said it was already applied. The way the discount is advertised is dodgy - it makes you think the discount is yet to come off the advertised price. In the end, Compare the Market didnt save me money, it cost me money as I wouldnt have gone for the Policy I did. Clever business-wise though - must be why they have such a large TV advertising budget.....

Mark
MarkMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pointless

Wasted 10 minutes filling out the details to be told we can't find anyone applicable to your needs! So accordingly I will not be using this service in the future I'll do it myself

Shannon G.Compare The Market

They do not include all the options

I provided information about my requirements for home and contents insurance and only a handful of options are displayed - my other searches show more, and in my opinion, better options.

John B.
John B.

Don't call me. I will call you.

I received calls from compare the market even though I never actually used the service. They tried to piggy back in as I looked at a car insurance quote from budget direct. Are Compare the market affiliated with Budget ? Or are they just muscling in so they get a commission by pushing their preferred provider?
If I want to use Compare the market I will but I won't be cold called by any provider.