Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 2 of 4)

Joshua
Joshua Perth, WA

Every insurer offered is auto and general

Nearly every car insurer recommended is just auto and general rebadged - does not have suncorp, rac, huddle. Compare the market is owned by auto and general and sells auto and general

MichaelStrathfield

The good news and the bad news

These guys were great for my home insurance but life insurance was a terrible experience.I got bombarded with questions and at the end never even got a call back.Im 49 only ever had slightly high cholesterol 5.8 from 5.5 ( normal ) Sugar always great ,I don’t smoke and have had a Hernia,also I had a TP claim this sent them running lol .Trust me guys insurance companies want people that will never claim and when they do your voice is recorded and used against you,people don’t fall for the easy applications Story either.

Michael

Just telling people how it is when applying for life insurance and how the insurance companies act ,which they should be disclosing more openly.

They process of changing insurance was quick and great.
Customer Service from Compare the Market on the 5/4/2020 Appalling
They called, i answered they hung up, i called the number they called me on
0488862364 and was told they could not answer my question someone will call me back.........

Rasmus L.
Rasmus L.South East Queensland, QLD

A very slow and lengthy process.

Make sure you have time. Your ears will bleed after the amount of disclosure information that is read out to you... Much of it is hard to understand legal terms, and to be completely honest, even though I ended up buying health insurance here, I do not feel confident I got a good deal, and I do not think I will ever use this service again. I regret buying it here. I suggest you think twice...

Richard Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Issues with website

Would not load postal address.
Wrong company selected Alinta v Energy
Had to resort to phone to fix.
Twelve more words - Restrictions on words is example of why your web site is so bad

Hi Shannon
I think my issues stem from a web page issue. The encoder has been very prescriptive so that anything outside expected parameters is rejected. Insisting that feedback must be greater than 30 words is strange too.

Nocky
NockySouth West, WA

Ok but wont answer emails

Saved time and I got a thankyou email for purchasing through Compare the market but no Wish gift card, I have emailed customer support about the gift card but to date no reply plus i seem to be getting a lot of spam emails since using CTM especially Bitcoin related that have endorsed by Aussie Celebrities, I will say it saved time using CTM but lack of support and the spam is the reason for low mark

Ian S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Expected to be followed up by suppliers after quoting

Suppliers contact you within hours of quoting with hard sell!
Less pushy selling tactics as required rather phoning me up with hard sell, more than likely in 12 months time I change to another insurance company seeking a better deal.

Ian S.

$391.00 extra a year for paying monthly is a total ripoff and you have lost me as a customer for life . That is nearly a extra 2 months payments Buyer Beware

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

My premium is $200 more a month than quoted ???

Now have to make calls and do the work myself. Defeats the whole effort.
Currently finding so many reasons not to trust anyone or anything in our world as it stands.

Sharon
Sharon South East Queensland, QLD

disappointed

after more phone calls found out the company you recommended was going to be more than Bupa as not all info was explained. I am very disappointed and have to make more phone calls and change fund again

Billy
BillyPerth, WA

Are you owned by BUPA ?

I just tried this service as i am considering switching my health insurer. I provided all the details they asked. I was then given 12 options, with all of them from BUPA.
What about all of the other insurers, are they not in the market ?
This doesn't seem right.

Not the best

Compare the market rang and they found the best offer for me apparently I don’t know because I couldn’t read what I was signing up for until I accepted the offer and was signed up this is crap it would have been better to get the offer in an email And my wife and I could have read through it and changed what ever we needed then accepted it now I gotta stuff around and change it after I’m signed up not very good at all

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Be careful of the advice you are given

Hien
Hien Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Use with Caution - Beware Subsequent Telemarketing?!?

Site doesn't offer good comparisons i.e. standardised fact sheets. Not all available plans shown as part of comparison. Better deal was only available via phone call from 'Insurance Specialist'. Phone call was pleasant and consultant was very helpful, but site was useless. Ended up changing Health insurance plan, was $10 cheaper p/month but more coverage. Note, biggest concern is that I have received telemarketing phone calls at least twice a day since using Compare The Market website. Previously, was very ad hoc. Of course, can't provide any evidence but highly coincidental!

Dylan
DylanSydney, NSW

Pushy telemarketer

Don't give them your real phone number at any stage of the information process . They called me and directed me to a more expensive policy with less benefits than their web search indicated.

Sarah R.
Sarah R.South East Queensland, QLD

Did not follow through!

Great price but details of start date were not followed through as customer service person was just interested in her commission which she talked about. Payments went through on wrong date meaning that my account was in negative balance and appointments had to be cancelled as i was told by new health fund that I could not claim yet as details had not yet been finalised.