Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 3 of 4)

A little intrusive

Receiving an immediate phone call whilst still browsing the options on the website was not welcome. The operator was pushy and made me feel uncomfortable asking questions about my service. When I said I’d like to browse he hung up on me. I still haven’t heard back from my online enquire my either

Uneasy off bam.

Uneasy off bam.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Change supplier.

I spoke to a very good person on Compare the market and since then i have heard NOTHING so i will be reserving my comments until after the whole thing is finished.

Ash

AshSouthwest, VIC

Car Insurance

Did a search for car insurance. Doesn't include the bigger brand insurance companies. The average price CTM found was $1200. Went and got separate quotes for other companies on their websites, all around the $900 mark.
I wouldn't bother. That or don't completely rely on this site to find car insurance.

Neale

Neale Perth, WA

Not Happy

Whilst offering a good product service they do not a=listen to instructions and it would appear that they are only interested in their commission. when problems occurred they would not get back to me as yet

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Recommended product not as presented. Do your own research. Still trying to cancel.

Comparison of recommended product and current product was not as presented. I called to request cancelation of product but had to requested a call back to cancel. Call back did not eventuate. Trying to cancel and keep current policy. Do your own research.

RPJD

RPJDPerth, WA

Health Insurance

The advertised product details and the purchased product differed, the the advertised product in comparethemarket offering a 60% rebate on dental extras, and the package in reality offering a 50% rebate only. Otherwise okay.

Morye

Morye Hunter Region, NSW

Could very much live without it!

Twice I have had to call back and still not resolved. Then a text message sent to me I advised them to call to finish application.
No call.
First time I called back was told the lady I was talking to would ring me back. Still waiting.
Next one said, I have a few things to fix to complete, I will call you back. I am still waiting, the worst service ever. I still have no idea where I stand regarding both of my units
Morye A Carter

Matthew

Matthew

Waste of time and effort

I went to Compare the Market to help me with choosing a cost-competitive electricity supplier. Initially, the website told me that they could not help me in my area, but then I received a phone call from a consultant. They asked me who I was with (I said Origin) and they then asked me how much electricity I used (which I told them). They then recommended an Origin product to me which would save me money, which I thought was good, but when I asked them what the Solar feed-in tariff was, they replied that they could not tell me and referred me to Origin to discuss. There were no other options given to me. So really, just a waste of time for me.I won't bother next time.

UncleJay

UncleJay

Web Quote gives them the green light to harras you

So I used their service to get a quote, and filled in contact details before it would allow me to see the quotes. Whilst the offers were limited and I'd found better offers elsewhere, I was then contacted not once but twice by them over the weekend to try and seal the deal. Even after explaining I simply wanted an online quote, and they were disrupting my weekend, the sales person continued to try and delve in to signing me up to an offer. Have blocked their number (03) 7017 7732 to get my peace and quiet back. Thankfully not as bad as 'Domain Loan Finder' who sold my details to a plethera of suppliers making it much harder to block them.

I'll not be using Compare The Market again after this experience.

Jess M

Jess MPerth, WA

No join up bonuses through CTM!

I chose to go with a health insurer because they had the best deal and offered a $200 gift card for signing before June 30. Meanwhile CTM call me and offer me the same plan with the same insurer so I figure cool I'll go through them not realising it meant I wasn't going to get my $200 gift card even though I joined before June 30. The reason they don't offer this is they get a bit of money from signing you up so the health insurer then doesn't want to give more money away. It makes sense from the insurers point of view but with the pushy sales person from CTM it makes me annoyed that they don't tell you these things. Just posting in case anyone else was hoping to get a new member sign up bonus - you won't if you go through CTM.

Troy

Troy

You can do better searching yourself.

I have tried Compare for house and car insurance. In both instances I found better deals myself as they didn’t offer all the insurance companies. I went with a large common insurer that beat their comparison. Felt like the ‘pushed ‘ their selected insurers. Then the endless follow up phone calls started that were hard to stop.

Their approach to lead gen is so off putting

I was browsing the website last night and about 2 minutes after entering my details my phone rang twice from an unknown number. I didn’t ask for a call or want a call at 8pm but answered because I figured it wouldn’t stop until I spoke to them. I had multiple follow up emails afterwards and the whole process was just annoying. I’m not even bothered going back to the website now to look for other quotes.

Don’t call people unless they ask for it. After reading more reviews I can see tonnes of other people in a similar boat to me.

MTi

MTiMelbourne

Disappointed - check and double-check. Don't let them sign you up on the spot.

Melissa T.

Melissa T.Melbourne

Gave me a call after I entered in details

I understand that I entered my details and that's going to be "well duh, no wonder why they called!" but it's still quite frustrating that I was just having a look and wasn't looking to commit but they person who called (I got a call on (03) 7017 7760) was adamant on selling me some insurance, which is fine that's their job, I'm glad they understood that I was researching and not looking to commit.

So, be wary of entering your contact details if you're having a look. I wish I learnt that beforehand!

Dodgy website!

I went onto the website, then noticed it was going to be asking me for all these "contact details" did my review check and could see NO WAY. Went back to the website to close it and found it was difficult to back track or close it without the help of Chrome. You remember those spammy pop up websites??? Yes feels like one.