kkk

kkkSydney, NSW

Did not like the process

customers cant compare the plans without providing their phone numbers. I just wanted to window shopping at first and take my time to make the decision but someone called me straight away which was annoying.

Agus

Agus Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lack of transparency and rigour?

Ok eventually

My first contact was very useful to simply explain the best option for gas and electricity. However I was signed up to the wrong company and had to call back. Was relatively quickly (a few days) fixed however now have received confirmation and address was not correct. So I’ve had to spend more time getting that corrected direct to the new supplier. Next time I may compare, but do sign up myself.

Sonia

Sonia Illawarra, NSW

Not the right providers

After submitting all the info regarding my car and the desire to have my 22 year old daughter covered by the policy, the selected insurer told me that they would not cover anyone under 25 for my car as it was considered a performance vehicle. This would have been good to know before opting for the policy. So why offer up potential insurers, if they are not going to cover you as per the submitted info.

Not exactly accurate

I have quotes and although it showed what was cheapest to expensive accurately, when you go to the partners and enter the exact details, it is way more expensive than the quotes your site lists.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Wouldn't use this service again.

I encountered a problem with my internet service provider arranged by Compare The Market. Contacted CTM a few times for help but several calls and still no joy. Totally frustrated.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Good product. Pushy service.

Like a shop attendant that pounces as soon as you enter the store and won’t leave you alone when you just want to browse, I got a call as soon as they asked me to provide my mobile number (which you can’t opt out of). Just wanted to ask a few simple questions and ended up having to go with the whole spiel and feeling pressured into purchasing on the spot. Ended up finding the same insurance cheaper directly through the provider. But didn’t want to endure another 30 minute phone call again for the sake of a few dollars a month. In the end they did help me find a good insurance to meet my needs, and it was done quite quickly, just wish they weren’t so pushy.

Brian

BrianSydney, NSW

Independent helpful comparison

The website was informative and useful. It was up to date and relevant.
The process of signing up for the new plan was tedious and unnecessarily complex, in my opinion.
The comparison of the new proposed plan with my existing plan was expressed as a new rate per kWH and also a hypothetical saving on my last electricity bill. I was confused by too many numbers. It would have helped if I would prefer a rate comparison or a total cost comparison - but not both. Very confusing.

Jenny

Jenny Sydney, NSW

Review of Gas & Electricity

The lady was helpful in explaining the process and rates.
I am still waiting for the new contract to be emailed to me to double check as I got the call a week ago.

Milly02

Milly02Hunter Region, NSW

There were 2 quotes one for car and one for house Ins. Car 5star and house a poor 2star

Very happy with Car Ins. A local Company in Newcastle. but for Household I was knocked back by most Insurers. My House Ins had lapsed and I had forgotten to renew and because it was a new policy they knocked me back. I wanted the Woolworths one in particular but No Go.
Be careful though if they say windscreen repair it does NOT mean replacement!

Matt Y

Matt YVictoria

Easy annual solution to save money, but no prizes for customer service.

Convenient, fast way to save a bit of money every year on utilities.

The call I made was slightly painful due to one monotonous, fast speaking individual, who just wanted it over and done with.

You know that voice when someone hates their job and wants to quit? That voice.

Alessandro

Alessandro Sydney, NSW

Useful

I did insure with one of the comparison insurers but a little disappointed on all the extra cost added once you choose. I would prefer to see all costs upfront but understand that each customer would have different needs

Maggiebas.

Maggiebas.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great resource as a starting point to find competitive car insurance qoutes

There were only a few companies that I could choose from (5 to 6).
The most frustrating part was the insurance company giving one estimated quote on the "Compare the Market" website, and then when you went to the site to get an accurate quote, using the exact same information, the quote price would increase by up to $500. For example on Compare the Market, I was quoted $685 for comprehensive insurance, however when I went to the website, the final quote was $1260. This happened each time I went to follow up on a quote on all websites, which I found not only misleading but also very frustrating.

Sam

Sam South East Queensland, QLD

The quote wasn't accurate

We went with one of the quotes provided but when we went to the company's website to finalise the details the price went up - none of the details changed but the price did.

Janet

Janet Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Was interesting to see comparisons of insurance businesses but only the ones that paid to be included with this company. Made life simpler. I had a call from one of the companies recommended so went with them as they were competitive.

Donella

Donella Sydney, NSW

Quote different to comparison quote

Good overall but the quote when I went to budget direct (directly from compare the market) was $30 less. I couldn't submit this review unless I used 30 words at least. That's worth mentioning in this review.

Prices not accurate

The final cost is a lot different to the initial amount stated. Once you go through the process the cheapest quoted does not end up being the cheapest one initially offered

Caron

Caron

Gas hasn’t been done

Electricity done on time
Gas still not done
Have had confirmation of electricity but nothing for gas
Can someone please contact me in regard to this. I’ve downloaded origin app and it shows electricity is done but still waiting on gas

Eric

Eric Sydney, NSW

Electricity Supply comparison

Ended up as total waste of time, price and supplier were same as existing contract. doing comparison with other suppliers there were better options available . Offer that was presented differed from what was discussed

Mitchell

MitchellSouth East Queensland, QLD

recent usage

made 3 attempts to connect to Budget Insurance , and each time the connection crashed out. Eventually I contacted them by phone and arranged my home insurance . It then took 1 hour to finalise and answer all questions that I had answered on your site