Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Maltesemanor
MaltesemanorSouth East Queensland, QLD

Online It says it couldn’t find comparisons (ie, there was no suggestions) when all I wanted was the cost of policies.

I wanted to use the page to compare health insurance policies. CTM advised me that there were no options at all, when I gave them the information of what I wanted.

Review of Home and Contents insurance.

The service is convenient but only provides quotes from a limited number of companies. It would be great if other available company quotes were also provided. This would greatly improve the service.

Nate
NateSouth East Queensland, QLD

It was ok but it only really compares prices

Offered me a $50 voucher to take out a policy straight way. Never heard anything back about the voucher. I had to email the to find out that it would be received a few months after the policy was paid.
The site is easy to use but it didn't have any real policy comparison and was purely price based. Given that I was only interested in the major perils and liability component of the policy it wasn't an issue for me. The average person would be able to make a better decision if the site showed more information on policy limits and inclusions.

Mike
MikePerth

No comparisons

Filled out all the details for comprehensive insurance on a work van.
The last page said can't offer any comparisons on the info you provided
And I provided simple and suitable info.

Aggressive selling

I checked health fund prices and information.
Very happy with information sent.
Followup phone call 5 minutes later [not requested] was a aggressive change funds NOW conversation.
I need time to check details, check with my current service providers and discuss with my wife before masking any decision.
Not happy that I was given a hard sell.

unhappy
unhappy

Not giving you my optus login as this is just another con job.

RayJo
RayJoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A basic way to allow one to make a decision

My comparison of insurance companies showed that my insurer is about right and my decision was to stay where I am so i guess if you input factual information then you get a reasonably accurate comparison.

Graham
GrahamSydney, NSW

Outcome unclear

After providing relevant data, requested an email of the comparison for considering. All I received was an email from an alternate supplier requesting the same information. Still waiting for a response from that supplier. Why is there a minimum 30 word answer required???

Shannon G.Compare The Market

Phone call led to me signing up and I didn’t want that

I feel the service doesn’t just offer comparison, you get a phone call to discuss the results and then if you’re not strong like me, end up signing up on the phone. Now I have had to go back and cancel the changes. I don’t like being pushed into things so will probably steer clear in the future.
I ended up finding a better deal during my own research.

Russell
RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got the job done...

I've used Compare the market many times but was unable to complete an electricity comparison online because the start date was too far away from our move date.
Fortunately because I started it & it wasn't complete someone called me & assisted me over the phone with the connection.
I guess I'm not entitled to the Meerkat Mondays :-/

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Absolutely terrible

Biggest waste of time ever. Gave me two quotes that were over priced. Five minutes on aami and got a much cheaper quote. No need to waste time on this site.

Tiffany
Tiffany Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been lied to

Was excited when the process was so quick and fast. The 5 days later, get a call saying my connection could not occur due to the type of metre we had. Contacted a different provider who said that not this wasn't the case and could connect us.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Ian
Ian

Don't bother with this!!!

Seriously don't bother getting quotes from the compare the market. I did and now I am getting calls left, right and centre. Also the cheapest quote I got was over $1200. I then looked at the companies they showed as the cheapest. Did not to go with any of them. Decided to ring racq for a quote oncar insurance and they were $700. Yet compare never even searched them

alanloganjacksonconnor
alanloganjacksonconnorGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Didn’t do very well at comparing the entire market

Dearer quotes.

Got quotes for House and contents and all where higher then directly from the company and not all companies where shown, e.g. AAMI which was the cheapest.
Only wasted my time.

ron k.
ron k.South East Queensland, QLD

scammers delight

called to compare quotes house/contents polities next day received phone call from company in SOUTH AFRICA to see if their quote compared to other companies thought was dealing with AUSTRALIAN companies not broad casting my personal details overseas great for the scammers to use