Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 2 of 11)

Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Hamid
Hamid

Never again

I consulted comparethemarket on switching my health insurance. They gave me a lower price, so I did switch. Once all done, I found myself paying even a higher premium; all because of the incomplete information I was given.

Full of lies

After comparing online, a lady called me and promised that they take care of cancelling my previous insurance, new insurance will get transfer certificate. It is full of lies. NoIntegrity

Jack Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just plain harrassment

Your sales strategy of bombarding your customers with calls is deplorable. I reckon I blocked a dozen different numbers, soon as one was blocked a new number arises. Pressure tactics is crap i deal with day in and out so I'm fine with it, just ignore cause you have zero leverage but I just think of your targets, the elderly and easily influenced. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Daniel CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Constant nuisance phone calls

I did an online comparison for my car insurance, and the very next day I received three phone calls each two hours apart, wanting to discuss my needs. This despite me clearly telling them I didn't request a call back, and please remove me from your call list. "Oh yes sorry for the inconvenience" and yet more calls keep coming. I've now blocked these nuisance calls. It's actually put me off ever buying insurance through Compare The Market. I don't respond well to the high pressure sales tactics.

Daniel C

If you were “sorry” you’d change your business practises. Judging by your negative reviews here, obviously I’m not the only one who has a problem with your company’s conduct.

kkk
kkkSydney, NSW

Did not like the process

customers cant compare the plans without providing their phone numbers. I just wanted to window shopping at first and take my time to make the decision but someone called me straight away which was annoying.

Stop calling me

I compared a few quotes online and now you keep calling me even though I've clearly stated Im not interested. Didn't even want the first call back stop annoying me.

Graeme
GraemeSheppartonq

Annoying repeated phone calls

Unwanted, persistant calls to my phone. Unsure how to stop this. I'm guessing that permission to call me was quietly tucked away in the agreement. User, be aware of this when you share your phone number.

Victoria

Beware, they are deceptive!

If you are looking for your same cover but perhaps a better deal, be VERY careful. They drop important services you were previously covered for without telling you - and then blame you for not asking for each individual service you were covered for when moving to a new cover. Simply asking for the same cover is not enough apparently! I honestly wouldn’t bother with them - I would have done a much better job myself AND been better off without them.

Victoria

Really? Would that result in a different outcome to the last time I spoke to your customer resolutions and subsequently the ombudsman?

Shannon G.Compare The Market

Bad rep that didn’t present all the facts.

The rep assured me that I would get 6 weeks free when joining however the offer doesn’t apply when joining via a broker. The offer only applies to signing up online however the rep lied about it.

Aman Khanna
Aman KhannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional

I do not remember the girl name I think [name removed] but she was very very rude over the phone
Very unprofessional
Telling customer listen to me and just reading from website instead of explaining

Not recommended at all

LawStudy
LawStudy

Information sellers PLEASE READ

I gave my information to compare the market specifically with slightly different spelling , I did not got through with any change . However I have been inundated with callers from INDIA trying to get me to change energy providers. There is no doubt they are selling your info and you will get ongoing calls. No one else had my name spelt wrong, DO NOT USE, they are scammers

Simon
Simon South East Queensland, QLD

Signed me up for energy and gas even though I only asked for gas...

Rang for a quote for energy and gas, decided to go for the Gas only as they couldn’t beat the price of my current energy provider. Got a text from the gas company a week later saying my energy and gas were switched over.

Jay
Jay Darwin, NT

Extremely disappointed

Quoted a price per month then received policy with a significantly higher price ????
Not impressed how rushed the sign up process was.
Very disappointed with the attention to detail. Not happy.

No action

Nobody turned up. I waited for over 6 hours after being told I had to be there otherwise extra fees could apply. I wasted an entire afternoon. Would not recommend

Kelli
Kelli Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Disappointing

The recommendation I received was for a company with one of the worst reviews in the country. I will not be going ahead with the recommended company. I was very disappointed and won't be using compare the market agsin.

Lucinda M.
Lucinda M.Central West, NSW

Be careful you will have your personal information shared .

Veronica S.
Veronica S.South East Queensland, QLD

Mislead to believe purchase of hospital cover including extras

I was searching health insurance products and was called within seconds of submitting my form. Through the conversation with the compare the market agent I made it clear that I wanted extras cover and I believed the quote I received included extras cover. After receiving my welcome pack from the insurer, I reviewed it and noted it did not include extras cover. I telephoned the insurer who confirmed this. I am very disappointed with the service I received from compare the market and would absolutely recommend that if you take out any type of insurance with this company that you review your policy. Very disappointed and would not recommend at all.

V Stewart - Qld

Maggie
MaggieBrisbane

Site is GREAT but information seems to get sent to scam artists

The actual site is great! Easy to navigate and my needs were seen to efficiently. But, I had not had a scam caller in over 5 years and suddenly, I have started to get scam callers 2 days out from signing up with compare the market. I know I signed a disclaimer for third parties but seriously did not expect scam calls. Very disappointed and this cannot be a coincidence.

Agus
Agus Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lack of transparency and rigour?

Incorrect advise

I was advised i wasnt covered for a procedure i was likely to need under my current policy and was advised to move provider. This was then stated as incorrect

johann n.
johann n.Perth, WA

what alot of crap

very expenive policy went to islect got same coverage at half the price hat the bloody deal th that be careful poeple shop around best is not alays the case ith tings

Gaurav
GauravGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Customer handling - No sense of service

Poor Customer handling - No sense of service. Had to chase tons of times with ComparetheMarket to execute the actions - They kept repeating wait and we will do something - Waited 10days but No actions whatsoever

Ok eventually

My first contact was very useful to simply explain the best option for gas and electricity. However I was signed up to the wrong company and had to call back. Was relatively quickly (a few days) fixed however now have received confirmation and address was not correct. So I’ve had to spend more time getting that corrected direct to the new supplier. Next time I may compare, but do sign up myself.

Geoff
Geoff Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

FEEDBACK

Through compare the market I was offered a $50.00 gift card on taking out both home and holiday home insurance with ING, this I did on 4/8/2020 but never heard a thing more.
Thanks, Geoff

Anonymous
AnonymousGippsland, VIC

Annoying and Spammy

Too many emails and calls. Very annoying. Received numerous calls and texts from compare the market. It is very frustrating when you use something to find the best deal And then your details are used so you can be hassled and chased by them or other companies