Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 3 of 11)

Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Peter
Peter Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My electricity didn't go through even I've completed all sign off process.

Sign up a plan with comparethemarket on the phone but it's not going through to the provider.
As I need the electricity by tomorrow, fortunately I called up the provider to find out and I just need to sign up again. not happy

gary b.
gary b.Perth, WA

Not how it was sold to me

I was informed there was no waiting periods for anything I had on my previous insurance, but this is not the case. On checking waiting times with my new insurer I am unable to access any extras for at least two months

never again

Started off fine then turned into one big pressure sale ,felt very disappointed when I realized it wasn't about helping me but just getting a sale .I took the plan as I knew I needed one but they would have had my business again if they had of let me think about it but now I will definitely not recommend them to anyone .just one big sale pitch .

Sonia
Sonia Illawarra, NSW

Not the right providers

After submitting all the info regarding my car and the desire to have my 22 year old daughter covered by the policy, the selected insurer told me that they would not cover anyone under 25 for my car as it was considered a performance vehicle. This would have been good to know before opting for the policy. So why offer up potential insurers, if they are not going to cover you as per the submitted info.

Not exactly accurate

I have quotes and although it showed what was cheapest to expensive accurately, when you go to the partners and enter the exact details, it is way more expensive than the quotes your site lists.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Wouldn't use this service again.

I encountered a problem with my internet service provider arranged by Compare The Market. Contacted CTM a few times for help but several calls and still no joy. Totally frustrated.

David RichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor back of house function and inaccurate plan information

Do not use this site. Signed up with a Electricity offer with a new provider. Information sent by the website to the new provider was incomplete preventing provisioning. Incorrect plan information also provided. Ended up signing up with energy provider directly.

David Rich

I have already provided feedback over the phone with your organisation, prior to posting this review.

Compare The Market connected me to a terrible electricity provider

The sales rep I spoke to over the phone at Compare The Market talked me into going with Simply Energy for my electricity plan at my new apartment. Simply Energy have proven themselves to be literally the worst electricity providers in Australia and have left me in my apartment without any power for 3 days so far due to complete incompetence and no weekend customer support. Next time I won't bother with Compare The Market and I will just do my own research and comparisons.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Good product. Pushy service.

Like a shop attendant that pounces as soon as you enter the store and won’t leave you alone when you just want to browse, I got a call as soon as they asked me to provide my mobile number (which you can’t opt out of). Just wanted to ask a few simple questions and ended up having to go with the whole spiel and feeling pressured into purchasing on the spot. Ended up finding the same insurance cheaper directly through the provider. But didn’t want to endure another 30 minute phone call again for the sake of a few dollars a month. In the end they did help me find a good insurance to meet my needs, and it was done quite quickly, just wish they weren’t so pushy.

Brian
BrianSydney, NSW

Independent helpful comparison

The website was informative and useful. It was up to date and relevant.
The process of signing up for the new plan was tedious and unnecessarily complex, in my opinion.
The comparison of the new proposed plan with my existing plan was expressed as a new rate per kWH and also a hypothetical saving on my last electricity bill. I was confused by too many numbers. It would have helped if I would prefer a rate comparison or a total cost comparison - but not both. Very confusing.

Steve A.
Steve A.South East Queensland, QLD

Not good that’s for sure

Liars

If you want someone to sell you a product that doesn’t exist go to this company, they lied and deceived me into a sale of a product that didn’t exist and as a result I can’t get a pretty emergency related operation. They refuse to help or explain why they sold a fake product. I have not abused them they ended the call when I ask why they sold me a product that didn’t exist and ‘we were getting nowhere’
If this has happened to anyone else please contact me can I will be taking action!

Heath T.
Heath T.

But you hang up when I ask how I was possibly sold the wrong product

Lee
Lee South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Recommended AGL but wouldn't explain why? When I contacted all the providers individually it was clear that this was not the best company for be or the best deal. Very disappointed in this scam website.

Jenny
Jenny Sydney, NSW

Review of Gas & Electricity

The lady was helpful in explaining the process and rates.
I am still waiting for the new contract to be emailed to me to double check as I got the call a week ago.

Jarrod
Jarrod Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hard work for no result

Did half of what they were supposed to after about 3 conversations. Then on the last call staff member doubted me that I had gone ahead with a plan at all, and then cracked the crap when they found out that they missed the deal.

Milly02
Milly02Hunter Region, NSW

There were 2 quotes one for car and one for house Ins. Car 5star and house a poor 2star

Very happy with Car Ins. A local Company in Newcastle. but for Household I was knocked back by most Insurers. My House Ins had lapsed and I had forgotten to renew and because it was a new policy they knocked me back. I wanted the Woolworths one in particular but No Go.
Be careful though if they say windscreen repair it does NOT mean replacement!

Matt Y
Matt YVictoria

Easy annual solution to save money, but no prizes for customer service.

Convenient, fast way to save a bit of money every year on utilities.

The call I made was slightly painful due to one monotonous, fast speaking individual, who just wanted it over and done with.

You know that voice when someone hates their job and wants to quit? That voice.

Sarah
Sarah Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible

Very pushy and even after I said I don’t want to proceed with the policy they took the payment out anyway!! Absolutely rude and arrogant. Couldn’t believe it. AHM was not happy

Alessandro
Alessandro Sydney, NSW

Useful

I did insure with one of the comparison insurers but a little disappointed on all the extra cost added once you choose. I would prefer to see all costs upfront but understand that each customer would have different needs

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

A real waste of time, clueless

Spent over an hour on the phone with compare going through options with a consultant. Then finally went through the long question process before signing up. A few days later I heard nothing from the energy provider about getting installed as I was moving home. I rang them and was told I been setup incorrectly by compare. So had to cancel that plan and start again with a risk I’d be moving in without electricity. Do not use

Maggiebas.
Maggiebas.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great resource as a starting point to find competitive car insurance qoutes

There were only a few companies that I could choose from (5 to 6).
The most frustrating part was the insurance company giving one estimated quote on the "Compare the Market" website, and then when you went to the site to get an accurate quote, using the exact same information, the quote price would increase by up to $500. For example on Compare the Market, I was quoted $685 for comprehensive insurance, however when I went to the website, the final quote was $1260. This happened each time I went to follow up on a quote on all websites, which I found not only misleading but also very frustrating.

NickSydney, NSW

One star is way too generous!

Shannon G.Compare The Market

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with Health.com.au and we will ensure your feedback is passed on to their team.

Many thanks.

Karen
Karen Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

High pressure sales

Saved money but felt pressured to sign up on the day. Online process offered an opportunity to speak to someone which I didn’t want yet they called me immediately that I entered my number.

Chantelle
Chantelle South East Queensland, QLD

Was conned into a health insurance plan I could not afford

Woman who served me talked me into getting health insurance which was not suitable for me and consisted of more than what was necessary in my case. Would not recommend

Nadia R.
Nadia R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

shonky

Promised a $20 gift card - never received it. Have to type at least 30 words, can't think of any more other than where is my $20 gift card you promised.