Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 4 of 11)

Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Sam
Sam South East Queensland, QLD

The quote wasn't accurate

We went with one of the quotes provided but when we went to the company's website to finalise the details the price went up - none of the details changed but the price did.

Janet
Janet Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Was interesting to see comparisons of insurance businesses but only the ones that paid to be included with this company. Made life simpler. I had a call from one of the companies recommended so went with them as they were competitive.

Marty Wooster
Marty Wooster

Does not compare the whole market

It seems this site only compares rates for businesses that pay them a commission otherwise ALL results would show. I was recently comparing rates for electricity but what turned out to be the best one was not shown by compare the market. I had to use another comparison site to get other providers.
Maybe you should change your name to "Compare the businesses that pay us a commission only"

Donella
Donella Sydney, NSW

Quote different to comparison quote

Good overall but the quote when I went to budget direct (directly from compare the market) was $30 less. I couldn't submit this review unless I used 30 words at least. That's worth mentioning in this review.

Terrible

If I could give it no stars I would
Very pushy and fake, information varied from person to person and then the insurer was extremely incompetent
Let’s hope I don’t actually need to use my insurance

Prices not accurate

The final cost is a lot different to the initial amount stated. Once you go through the process the cheapest quoted does not end up being the cheapest one initially offered

Pd off big timeSUNSHINE

Disappointed with being wrong info

Pd off big time

Thanks for making contact and going thru this complaint with me. Much appreciated.

Tracey
Tracey South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

I joined Red Energy through compare the market or so i thought. It wasn't even processed! It was a waste of time & effort because the amount of time i spent on the phone to find out my request wasn't even processed was extremely disappointing!

Caron
Caron

Gas hasn’t been done

Electricity done on time
Gas still not done
Have had confirmation of electricity but nothing for gas
Can someone please contact me in regard to this. I’ve downloaded origin app and it shows electricity is done but still waiting on gas

JJNAN
JJNANGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

do your own search

don't waste your time hassle people to take there choices better finding yourself quotes change once you go to web sites when you change things that you are after do your own research

Eric
Eric Sydney, NSW

Electricity Supply comparison

Ended up as total waste of time, price and supplier were same as existing contract. doing comparison with other suppliers there were better options available . Offer that was presented differed from what was discussed

Mitchell
MitchellSouth East Queensland, QLD

recent usage

made 3 attempts to connect to Budget Insurance , and each time the connection crashed out. Eventually I contacted them by phone and arranged my home insurance . It then took 1 hour to finalise and answer all questions that I had answered on your site

Gill H
Gill HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better to go straight to the health insurance website direct!

After signing up to a package with Bupa, I was only offered a $25 gift card. When I went to their site I was offered 6 weeks free and a $50 gift card, you need to be fully informed. Also I was told the wrong price of the package on my welcome letter! However I did find the consultant Chevy was very helpful and friendly.

Bill T.Hunter Region, NSW

Changed my mind.

You recommended Dodo who I agreed to sign up with and then changed my mind next day. I found it impossible to contact Dodo on line or by phone to cancel my order. I then asked Compare the Market to do this for me and you agreed to but still I am receiving emails from Dodo.

Trygve
Trygve South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Your service not up to scratch, will not use you again, not impressed, I signed up with a provider before march 9 and they got it march 17. Cheers cheers.

Lee
LeeSouthwest, VIC

Not happy!

I was pressured into purchasing through Compare The Market, - almost 2 hours on the phone and requests I made were ignored. Since changing to the new product I have had nothing but trouble and stress because I have to correct incorrect information collected by your operator. I am not happy and will never use your company again.

Paul
Paul Sydney, NSW

Electricity & Gas Connection

I used Comparethemarket however I very nearly didn’t. I enquired online and the received a phone call which I couldn’t take and I said that I would call them back. I then received another phone call not 30 minutes later to which I said again that I would call them back when I could. Over the same day I received 3 more calls which I didn’t answer.
The only reason that I went through with using Comparethemarket was because it saved me time, because if I had time I would have researched more myself.

kevfran
kevfranSydney, NSW

redeem e-gift card waste of time

offered a $20 e-gift card for signing up one month later received email to access e-gift card & filled out the application and was advised it would be email within 20 minutes but received nothing waited 3 days before contacting them and was told it would be resent in 5-10 minutes but 2 days later still waiting what joke they should not promise what they cant deliver

Melvyn
Melvyn Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic

All the staff I spoke to were very friendly,polite,helpful and gave me excellent.
Luke was fantastic, very patient and answered all my questions very clearly
I wiil recommend all my friends to contact Compare The Market for a Insurance quote.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Forgot to tell me that bit!

I had a great experience with changing over my health experience however I wasn't told at the time it could take 14 days for my previous provider to cancel my membership therefore I would still get charged by them AND my new provider if I didn't call them myself!

Petra
PetraGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Unsure of connection

I haven’t received email with my contract and details. I’m unsure if my investment property is connected. Unsure, who to call as they called me to connect, when I was trying to get a quote on the website.

Genevieve
Genevieve Hunter Region, NSW

Not happy

I was looking at the site and had a call while I was on it. The representative was quite insistent on me moving from my current insurance without any significant differences between them except a $200 difference in claimable for dentist. She told me the fund she was offering and mine were both the same at $212. In actual fact my policy (using prices from 1 April) was $190 and the find she switched me to was $246.20. That’s a difference of over $50/month!! I do not know how they could get it so wrong except that the pressure on them to get customers flip is so extreme as to make them lie to persuade a customer. Misleading, deceptive, dishonest. I have reported my experience to the ACCC.

Meags
Meags

Bad deal

I didn't get a good offer and was switched to a policy that was both dearer and had less coverage. Took quite a bit of time to get this fixed

Peter
PeterSydney, NSW

Waste of time

Ended up filling out pages of information, just to be greeted with a message "Sorry we cannot provide a comparison at this stage". No value for customers time and no business will be given to this company...

Robyn
RobynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Saved a bit of money.

I was able to get 2 months free with the new company. BUT.... the the cost become $2 higher than old company! Is it worth it. Probably not.
I originally said I had no time. This was ignored and the chap continued, disrespecting my time constraint.