Erich S.
Erich S.South East Queensland, QLD

Waste of time and my data.

I was looking for a car insurer, all I got was a 'comparison ' between three insurers out of a possible dozens or so. Two quotes were the same and 10% higher then my current quote, one was about 35% higher, none of the mainstream insurers were mentioned.

MansfieldJohnoNortheast, VIC

Compare the power bill

I contacted compare the market as I was after a better deal. After a heap of questions they wanted me to sign up with a provider that was dearer than the one I was already with. They are very pushed. I decided I would use the Vic government corporation site and found a very good deal with a new provider

MansfieldJohno

To late for that. No second chances. You need to get it right the first time

Kathleen B.
Kathleen B.South East Queensland, QLD

Never heard back

I spoke with a consultant and she said everything was going to be organised for me... I had a call from the extras cover people but nothing from my hospital cover company

Karen
Karen Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pushy product seller

The girl I spoke to spoke over me and ignored when I said I was at work. I ended up signed up to health insurance before I could discuss it with my partner which I then had to spend another 45 minutes trying to cancel.

Anna S.
Anna S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude and pushy salespeople

I was quite disgruntled by your sales staff who have been calling me all day. When I finally returned the call because I didn't know who it was, I politely advised the consultant that I have been an Insurance broker myself but this didn't stop him from going into a barrage of "it doesn't mean you know everything about health insurance..." and I tried to stop him a few times and then when I finally got through to him he was rude and cut the call. Not what i would expect from such a company. If you're going to cold call maybe be polite and listen to win business instead of being a pushy salesperson.

Sold my contact details

Within days of giving an unused email address to compare the market, I started to receive spam about insurance. The culprit could not have been more obvious and I want my share of the profits.

Dennis
DennisSydney, NSW

Looks to me as if like Google searches you get paid to list companies at the top of your "cheapest" list

So was looking around for a quote on home insurance and contents and result yielded a very narrow list of insurance companies who by the way were on the Choice naughty list for screwing customers in bushfire zones. I then visited another company's website, who was nowhere to be seen on your list, and they were much cheaper than any on your so-called cheapest list. Bogus and fake and obviously receive kickbacks.

Rob
RobBonython 2905, ACT

Compare the market - compare the rudeness more like it

After an online enquiry, have been flooded with email spam and phone call after phone call, when I told the person I had received enough information off their site, which is what it is for, they immediately and rudely hung up on me without a word. Very poor service, so I'm telling everyone now. How rude.

Hi Rob,
We are very sorry to hear of the experience you have had and we would like to investigate this further. Can you please contact our team on customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au with your details ?
Many thanks

Port M.
Port M.

Meerkat Mondays

As you are part of the Spotify "Meerkat Mondays" campaign, where they play the same add over and over at full volume, I have rated you on your ethics.
This just shows what sort of company you are.
I WILL NEVER use Compare the Market, or any of my current or future family.
Simples.

Raisa
Raisa Perth, WA

Information transfer to the insurer

I am applied LHC when it should not be. The Australian rebate is applied wrong by the insurer. All the details had been provided to compare the market except for previous policy. Was told that when policy number given to new insurer the LHC will be removed. Now it's harder then it looks. I have to stop the new policy and start looking again.

Hi Raisa,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and we would like to investigate this further. Can you please contact our team on customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au with your details ?
Many thanks

Hamid
Hamid

Never again

I consulted comparethemarket on switching my health insurance. They gave me a lower price, so I did switch. Once all done, I found myself paying even a higher premium; all because of the incomplete information I was given.

Full of lies

After comparing online, a lady called me and promised that they take care of cancelling my previous insurance, new insurance will get transfer certificate. It is full of lies. NoIntegrity

Jack Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just plain harrassment

Your sales strategy of bombarding your customers with calls is deplorable. I reckon I blocked a dozen different numbers, soon as one was blocked a new number arises. Pressure tactics is crap i deal with day in and out so I'm fine with it, just ignore cause you have zero leverage but I just think of your targets, the elderly and easily influenced. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Daniel CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Constant nuisance phone calls

I did an online comparison for my car insurance, and the very next day I received three phone calls each two hours apart, wanting to discuss my needs. This despite me clearly telling them I didn't request a call back, and please remove me from your call list. "Oh yes sorry for the inconvenience" and yet more calls keep coming. I've now blocked these nuisance calls. It's actually put me off ever buying insurance through Compare The Market. I don't respond well to the high pressure sales tactics.

Daniel C

If you were “sorry” you’d change your business practises. Judging by your negative reviews here, obviously I’m not the only one who has a problem with your company’s conduct.

kkk
kkkSydney, NSW

Did not like the process

customers cant compare the plans without providing their phone numbers. I just wanted to window shopping at first and take my time to make the decision but someone called me straight away which was annoying.