Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 2 of 13)

Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Raisa
Raisa Perth, WA

Information transfer to the insurer

I am applied LHC when it should not be. The Australian rebate is applied wrong by the insurer. All the details had been provided to compare the market except for previous policy. Was told that when policy number given to new insurer the LHC will be removed. Now it's harder then it looks. I have to stop the new policy and start looking again.

Hi Raisa,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and we would like to investigate this further. Can you please contact our team on customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au with your details ?
Many thanks

Hamid
Hamid

Never again

I consulted comparethemarket on switching my health insurance. They gave me a lower price, so I did switch. Once all done, I found myself paying even a higher premium; all because of the incomplete information I was given.

Full of lies

After comparing online, a lady called me and promised that they take care of cancelling my previous insurance, new insurance will get transfer certificate. It is full of lies. NoIntegrity

Jack Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Just plain harrassment

Your sales strategy of bombarding your customers with calls is deplorable. I reckon I blocked a dozen different numbers, soon as one was blocked a new number arises. Pressure tactics is crap i deal with day in and out so I'm fine with it, just ignore cause you have zero leverage but I just think of your targets, the elderly and easily influenced. Should be ashamed of yourselves.

Daniel CGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Constant nuisance phone calls

I did an online comparison for my car insurance, and the very next day I received three phone calls each two hours apart, wanting to discuss my needs. This despite me clearly telling them I didn't request a call back, and please remove me from your call list. "Oh yes sorry for the inconvenience" and yet more calls keep coming. I've now blocked these nuisance calls. It's actually put me off ever buying insurance through Compare The Market. I don't respond well to the high pressure sales tactics.

Daniel C

If you were “sorry” you’d change your business practises. Judging by your negative reviews here, obviously I’m not the only one who has a problem with your company’s conduct.

kkk
kkkSydney, NSW

Did not like the process

customers cant compare the plans without providing their phone numbers. I just wanted to window shopping at first and take my time to make the decision but someone called me straight away which was annoying.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Good for comparisons but then the spam calls start and don't stop.

Have compared energy, car insurance on here. It is a helpful insightful service.

However I just looked up medical insurance on advice I may be up for a large hospital bill by unless I wait for God knows how many years on the public hospital list. I decided the insurance didn't outweigh the cost of what I needed for two one off bills and not to pursue it .

However I was called off a Queensland number multiple times. So I blocked it. Next day called of a VIC number to "help me".

I both do not actually need or benefit from but also don't want the insurance. Trying to sell me crap I don't need or want.

Stop calling me

I compared a few quotes online and now you keep calling me even though I've clearly stated Im not interested. Didn't even want the first call back stop annoying me.

Graeme
GraemeSheppartonq

Annoying repeated phone calls

Unwanted, persistant calls to my phone. Unsure how to stop this. I'm guessing that permission to call me was quietly tucked away in the agreement. User, be aware of this when you share your phone number.

Victoria

Beware, they are deceptive!

If you are looking for your same cover but perhaps a better deal, be VERY careful. They drop important services you were previously covered for without telling you - and then blame you for not asking for each individual service you were covered for when moving to a new cover. Simply asking for the same cover is not enough apparently! I honestly wouldn’t bother with them - I would have done a much better job myself AND been better off without them.

Victoria

Really? Would that result in a different outcome to the last time I spoke to your customer resolutions and subsequently the ombudsman?

Shannon G.Compare The Market

Bad rep that didn’t present all the facts.

The rep assured me that I would get 6 weeks free when joining however the offer doesn’t apply when joining via a broker. The offer only applies to signing up online however the rep lied about it.

Aman Khanna
Aman KhannaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unprofessional

I do not remember the girl name I think [name removed] but she was very very rude over the phone
Very unprofessional
Telling customer listen to me and just reading from website instead of explaining

Not recommended at all

Not fully informed

Although the salesman was pleasant and seemed helpful, it was not made clear to me when I switched health funds that I was signing up to a higher level of extras cover and therefore would have to serve a two month waiting period on extras (at a time when I needed it the most). By signing up through Compare the Market I also missed out on the promotion whereby the company I signed up with was waiving waiting periods on extras. It also was not explained to me that once I made a claim with my new fund, my cooling off period with my old fund was forfeit. Now I find myself in a position where I have no extras cover and can neither go back to my old fund or claim with my new fund. I would not use this service again.

Ashneel
Ashneel South East Queensland, QLD

Time wasted

Have ordered electricity and gas connection by these guys. The said they ordered the installation through a supplier and asked us to be on site between 1 and 6pm. They never showed up. I called to trace and they didn't send the job over to the supplier...
Took time off work for this too. There guys wasted my time.

LawStudy
LawStudy

Information sellers PLEASE READ

I gave my information to compare the market specifically with slightly different spelling , I did not got through with any change . However I have been inundated with callers from INDIA trying to get me to change energy providers. There is no doubt they are selling your info and you will get ongoing calls. No one else had my name spelt wrong, DO NOT USE, they are scammers

Simon
Simon South East Queensland, QLD

Signed me up for energy and gas even though I only asked for gas...

Rang for a quote for energy and gas, decided to go for the Gas only as they couldn’t beat the price of my current energy provider. Got a text from the gas company a week later saying my energy and gas were switched over.

Jay
Jay Darwin, NT

Extremely disappointed

Quoted a price per month then received policy with a significantly higher price ????
Not impressed how rushed the sign up process was.
Very disappointed with the attention to detail. Not happy.

Luke C.
Luke C.Hunter Region, NSW

Wouldn't use them again.

The service was ok and they found competitive products however it took 3 calls to get the connection all set up (twice they were the hold up and once I was) and then in the days afterwards I received a flurry of sales calls from different companies including energy providers and solar companies. Assume they are onselling customer details.

Banyek
BanyekWestern Australia

Headache

So you go to the website, you answer the questions, you get the quotes than you get transferred to the "trusted partner" where you answer more questions, and after you wasted your time you'll be told that based on the details you provided you cannot be insured. And they ask questions that nobody has the answer for on hand and if you give them inaccurate information they will probably refuse your claim (that's not a fact only my speculation) saying that they asked you how many strands of grey hair you have and you didn't count them properly.

No action

Nobody turned up. I waited for over 6 hours after being told I had to be there otherwise extra fees could apply. I wasted an entire afternoon. Would not recommend

Kelli
Kelli Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Disappointing

The recommendation I received was for a company with one of the worst reviews in the country. I will not be going ahead with the recommended company. I was very disappointed and won't be using compare the market agsin.

Lucinda M.
Lucinda M.Central West, NSW

Be careful you will have your personal information shared .

Veronica S.
Veronica S.South East Queensland, QLD

Mislead to believe purchase of hospital cover including extras

I was searching health insurance products and was called within seconds of submitting my form. Through the conversation with the compare the market agent I made it clear that I wanted extras cover and I believed the quote I received included extras cover. After receiving my welcome pack from the insurer, I reviewed it and noted it did not include extras cover. I telephoned the insurer who confirmed this. I am very disappointed with the service I received from compare the market and would absolutely recommend that if you take out any type of insurance with this company that you review your policy. Very disappointed and would not recommend at all.

V Stewart - Qld

Maggie
MaggieBrisbane

Site is GREAT but information seems to get sent to scam artists

The actual site is great! Easy to navigate and my needs were seen to efficiently. But, I had not had a scam caller in over 5 years and suddenly, I have started to get scam callers 2 days out from signing up with compare the market. I know I signed a disclaimer for third parties but seriously did not expect scam calls. Very disappointed and this cannot be a coincidence.

Agus
Agus Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lack of transparency and rigour?