Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 3 of 13)

Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Incorrect advise

I was advised i wasnt covered for a procedure i was likely to need under my current policy and was advised to move provider. This was then stated as incorrect

johann n.
johann n.Perth, WA

what alot of crap

very expenive policy went to islect got same coverage at half the price hat the bloody deal th that be careful poeple shop around best is not alays the case ith tings

Gaurav
GauravGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor Customer handling - No sense of service

Poor Customer handling - No sense of service. Had to chase tons of times with ComparetheMarket to execute the actions - They kept repeating wait and we will do something - Waited 10days but No actions whatsoever

CathySouth West, QLD

Had to do most of the work mysel

Advertising suggests that the company will do the work for me. So far I have spent over 3 hours completing the transfer from old to new. I could have done the comparison myself on line

Ok eventually

My first contact was very useful to simply explain the best option for gas and electricity. However I was signed up to the wrong company and had to call back. Was relatively quickly (a few days) fixed however now have received confirmation and address was not correct. So I’ve had to spend more time getting that corrected direct to the new supplier. Next time I may compare, but do sign up myself.

Geoff
Geoff Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

FEEDBACK

Through compare the market I was offered a $50.00 gift card on taking out both home and holiday home insurance with ING, this I did on 4/8/2020 but never heard a thing more.
Thanks, Geoff

Anonymous
AnonymousGippsland, VIC

Annoying and Spammy

Too many emails and calls. Very annoying. Received numerous calls and texts from compare the market. It is very frustrating when you use something to find the best deal And then your details are used so you can be hassled and chased by them or other companies

Peter
Peter Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My electricity didn't go through even I've completed all sign off process.

Sign up a plan with comparethemarket on the phone but it's not going through to the provider.
As I need the electricity by tomorrow, fortunately I called up the provider to find out and I just need to sign up again. not happy

Alex W
Alex WPerth, WA

Price not quite as advertised

The comparison was really helpful, but the final price offered by the insurer was marginally more expensive than what I agreed to when signing up through the website. I also received a call from Compare the Market while I was still in the process of using the comparison tool, which I found quite invasive and frustrating.

gary b.
gary b.Perth, WA

Not how it was sold to me

I was informed there was no waiting periods for anything I had on my previous insurance, but this is not the case. On checking waiting times with my new insurer I am unable to access any extras for at least two months

SteveGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worked out to be cheaper if I did it myself

Wasn't really worth my time. After all the sales talk and legal spiel. I ended up paying more and needed to follow up on everything myself. Details were left out until 45 minutes into the sales talk. overall not really a happy experience. Luckily with the 30 days cooling off I was able to change everything back without to much hassle.

Thanks Steve

Steve

Hi Katrina, I’m more then happy to provide you with more details. Feel free to reach out.

never again

Started off fine then turned into one big pressure sale ,felt very disappointed when I realized it wasn't about helping me but just getting a sale .I took the plan as I knew I needed one but they would have had my business again if they had of let me think about it but now I will definitely not recommend them to anyone .just one big sale pitch .

Sonia
Sonia Illawarra, NSW

Not the right providers

After submitting all the info regarding my car and the desire to have my 22 year old daughter covered by the policy, the selected insurer told me that they would not cover anyone under 25 for my car as it was considered a performance vehicle. This would have been good to know before opting for the policy. So why offer up potential insurers, if they are not going to cover you as per the submitted info.

Not exactly accurate

I have quotes and although it showed what was cheapest to expensive accurately, when you go to the partners and enter the exact details, it is way more expensive than the quotes your site lists.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Wouldn't use this service again.

I encountered a problem with my internet service provider arranged by Compare The Market. Contacted CTM a few times for help but several calls and still no joy. Totally frustrated.

David RichSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor back of house function and inaccurate plan information

Do not use this site. Signed up with a Electricity offer with a new provider. Information sent by the website to the new provider was incomplete preventing provisioning. Incorrect plan information also provided. Ended up signing up with energy provider directly.

David Rich

I have already provided feedback over the phone with your organisation, prior to posting this review.

Compare The Market connected me to a terrible electricity provider

The sales rep I spoke to over the phone at Compare The Market talked me into going with Simply Energy for my electricity plan at my new apartment. Simply Energy have proven themselves to be literally the worst electricity providers in Australia and have left me in my apartment without any power for 3 days so far due to complete incompetence and no weekend customer support. Next time I won't bother with Compare The Market and I will just do my own research and comparisons.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Good product. Pushy service.

Like a shop attendant that pounces as soon as you enter the store and won’t leave you alone when you just want to browse, I got a call as soon as they asked me to provide my mobile number (which you can’t opt out of). Just wanted to ask a few simple questions and ended up having to go with the whole spiel and feeling pressured into purchasing on the spot. Ended up finding the same insurance cheaper directly through the provider. But didn’t want to endure another 30 minute phone call again for the sake of a few dollars a month. In the end they did help me find a good insurance to meet my needs, and it was done quite quickly, just wish they weren’t so pushy.

Brian
BrianSydney, NSW

Independent helpful comparison

The website was informative and useful. It was up to date and relevant.
The process of signing up for the new plan was tedious and unnecessarily complex, in my opinion.
The comparison of the new proposed plan with my existing plan was expressed as a new rate per kWH and also a hypothetical saving on my last electricity bill. I was confused by too many numbers. It would have helped if I would prefer a rate comparison or a total cost comparison - but not both. Very confusing.

Steve A.
Steve A.South East Queensland, QLD

Not good that’s for sure

Liars

If you want someone to sell you a product that doesn’t exist go to this company, they lied and deceived me into a sale of a product that didn’t exist and as a result I can’t get a pretty emergency related operation. They refuse to help or explain why they sold a fake product. I have not abused them they ended the call when I ask why they sold me a product that didn’t exist and ‘we were getting nowhere’
If this has happened to anyone else please contact me can I will be taking action!

Heath T.
Heath T.

But you hang up when I ask how I was possibly sold the wrong product

Good service bad spam

Service was great. However, upon entering my details I began getting spam calls daily, outweighing the benefit of the service.

Allowed me to get a good price and simplified process. However I resent having my info shared with spam callers that now call each day.

Lee
Lee South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible

Recommended AGL but wouldn't explain why? When I contacted all the providers individually it was clear that this was not the best company for be or the best deal. Very disappointed in this scam website.

Grant Innis
Grant InnisSydney, NSW

Average

Got information that was ok, was bugged but some cocky sales person who called as I was filling out the online application and wanted to record the conversation and acted like a doushe bag, told him I’d rather use the Internet. Connection never happened to the service that was the cheapest and decided to go Independant.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Customer service was good. Product info doesn't exist

the phone call and conversation was precise and informative. 3 days before my service is due to commence I have still received no information from the electricity provider. This has left me worried and uncertain if my service is even going to commence .