Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 4 of 13)

Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Jenny
Jenny Sydney, NSW

Review of Gas & Electricity

The lady was helpful in explaining the process and rates.
I am still waiting for the new contract to be emailed to me to double check as I got the call a week ago.

Jarrod
Jarrod Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hard work for no result

Did half of what they were supposed to after about 3 conversations. Then on the last call staff member doubted me that I had gone ahead with a plan at all, and then cracked the crap when they found out that they missed the deal.

JAK
JAKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Incomplete provider options

I was offered a rate 1% better than I was offered by my currrent provider to contract with them again. There are better options. I also requested that the new plan not commence until my old plan expired but when the docs came through it commenced immediately. Needless to say, I cancelled during the 10day cooling off period.

Milly02
Milly02Hunter Region, NSW

There were 2 quotes one for car and one for house Ins. Car 5star and house a poor 2star

Very happy with Car Ins. A local Company in Newcastle. but for Household I was knocked back by most Insurers. My House Ins had lapsed and I had forgotten to renew and because it was a new policy they knocked me back. I wanted the Woolworths one in particular but No Go.
Be careful though if they say windscreen repair it does NOT mean replacement!

Matt Y
Matt YVictoria

Easy annual solution to save money, but no prizes for customer service.

Convenient, fast way to save a bit of money every year on utilities.

The call I made was slightly painful due to one monotonous, fast speaking individual, who just wanted it over and done with.

You know that voice when someone hates their job and wants to quit? That voice.

Sarah
Sarah Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible

Very pushy and even after I said I don’t want to proceed with the policy they took the payment out anyway!! Absolutely rude and arrogant. Couldn’t believe it. AHM was not happy

Alessandro
Alessandro Sydney, NSW

Useful

I did insure with one of the comparison insurers but a little disappointed on all the extra cost added once you choose. I would prefer to see all costs upfront but understand that each customer would have different needs

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

A real waste of time, clueless

Spent over an hour on the phone with compare going through options with a consultant. Then finally went through the long question process before signing up. A few days later I heard nothing from the energy provider about getting installed as I was moving home. I rang them and was told I been setup incorrectly by compare. So had to cancel that plan and start again with a risk I’d be moving in without electricity. Do not use

Maggiebas.
Maggiebas.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great resource as a starting point to find competitive car insurance qoutes

There were only a few companies that I could choose from (5 to 6).
The most frustrating part was the insurance company giving one estimated quote on the "Compare the Market" website, and then when you went to the site to get an accurate quote, using the exact same information, the quote price would increase by up to $500. For example on Compare the Market, I was quoted $685 for comprehensive insurance, however when I went to the website, the final quote was $1260. This happened each time I went to follow up on a quote on all websites, which I found not only misleading but also very frustrating.

NickSydney, NSW

One star is way too generous!

Shannon G.Compare The Market

We are sorry to hear that you have not had a positive experience with Health.com.au and we will ensure your feedback is passed on to their team.

Many thanks.

Darren Ross
Darren RossHunter Region, NSW

Its not compare the market its sell a policy

Called to compare health funds but ended up signed up with a new fund. Was told we had until the Wednesday to decide if we wanted to go ahead but on Monday we received welcome letters from the fund telling us are membership cards were in the mail. Not happy and will not use again.

Nathalie
Nathalie Illawarra, NSW

Not received confirming email or anything from AGL

Was told I would receive information from signing up to AGL. I have still not received anything. Have I changed companies for my electricity and solar or not? Not sure

Joshua
Joshua Perth, WA

Every insurer offered is auto and general

Nearly every car insurer recommended is just auto and general rebadged - does not have suncorp, rac, huddle. Compare the market is owned by auto and general and sells auto and general

Karen
Karen Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

High pressure sales

Saved money but felt pressured to sign up on the day. Online process offered an opportunity to speak to someone which I didn’t want yet they called me immediately that I entered my number.

Chantelle
Chantelle South East Queensland, QLD

Was conned into a health insurance plan I could not afford

Woman who served me talked me into getting health insurance which was not suitable for me and consisted of more than what was necessary in my case. Would not recommend

Nadia R.
Nadia R.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

shonky

Promised a $20 gift card - never received it. Have to type at least 30 words, can't think of any more other than where is my $20 gift card you promised.

MichaelStrathfield

The good news and the bad news

These guys were great for my home insurance but life insurance was a terrible experience.I got bombarded with questions and at the end never even got a call back.Im 49 only ever had slightly high cholesterol 5.8 from 5.5 ( normal ) Sugar always great ,I don’t smoke and have had a Hernia,also I had a TP claim this sent them running lol .Trust me guys insurance companies want people that will never claim and when they do your voice is recorded and used against you,people don’t fall for the easy applications Story either.

Michael

Just telling people how it is when applying for life insurance and how the insurance companies act ,which they should be disclosing more openly.

Sam
Sam South East Queensland, QLD

The quote wasn't accurate

We went with one of the quotes provided but when we went to the company's website to finalise the details the price went up - none of the details changed but the price did.

Janet
Janet Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Was interesting to see comparisons of insurance businesses but only the ones that paid to be included with this company. Made life simpler. I had a call from one of the companies recommended so went with them as they were competitive.

Marty Wooster
Marty Wooster

Does not compare the whole market

It seems this site only compares rates for businesses that pay them a commission otherwise ALL results would show. I was recently comparing rates for electricity but what turned out to be the best one was not shown by compare the market. I had to use another comparison site to get other providers.
Maybe you should change your name to "Compare the businesses that pay us a commission only"

Donella
Donella Sydney, NSW

Quote different to comparison quote

Good overall but the quote when I went to budget direct (directly from compare the market) was $30 less. I couldn't submit this review unless I used 30 words at least. That's worth mentioning in this review.

Terrible

If I could give it no stars I would
Very pushy and fake, information varied from person to person and then the insurer was extremely incompetent
Let’s hope I don’t actually need to use my insurance

Prices not accurate

The final cost is a lot different to the initial amount stated. Once you go through the process the cheapest quoted does not end up being the cheapest one initially offered

Pd off big timeSUNSHINE

Disappointed with being wrong info

Pd off big time

Thanks for making contact and going thru this complaint with me. Much appreciated.

Tracey
Tracey South East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

I joined Red Energy through compare the market or so i thought. It wasn't even processed! It was a waste of time & effort because the amount of time i spent on the phone to find out my request wasn't even processed was extremely disappointing!