Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 2 of 7)

Good product. Pushy service.

Like a shop attendant that pounces as soon as you enter the store and won’t leave you alone when you just want to browse, I got a call as soon as they asked me to provide my mobile number (which you can’t opt out of). Just wanted to ask a few simple questions and ended up having to go with the whole spiel and feeling pressured into purchasing on the spot. Ended up finding the same insurance cheaper directly through the provider. But didn’t want to endure another 30 minute phone call again for the sake of a few dollars a month. In the end they did help me find a good insurance to meet my needs, and it was done quite quickly, just wish they weren’t so pushy.

Brian
BrianSydney, NSW

Independent helpful comparison

The website was informative and useful. It was up to date and relevant.
The process of signing up for the new plan was tedious and unnecessarily complex, in my opinion.
The comparison of the new proposed plan with my existing plan was expressed as a new rate per kWH and also a hypothetical saving on my last electricity bill. I was confused by too many numbers. It would have helped if I would prefer a rate comparison or a total cost comparison - but not both. Very confusing.

Good service bad spam

Service was great. However, upon entering my details I began getting spam calls daily, outweighing the benefit of the service.

Allowed me to get a good price and simplified process. However I resent having my info shared with spam callers that now call each day.

Grant Innis
Grant InnisSydney, NSW

Average

Got information that was ok, was bugged but some cocky sales person who called as I was filling out the online application and wanted to record the conversation and acted like a doushe bag, told him I’d rather use the Internet. Connection never happened to the service that was the cheapest and decided to go Independant.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Customer service was good. Product info doesn't exist

the phone call and conversation was precise and informative. 3 days before my service is due to commence I have still received no information from the electricity provider. This has left me worried and uncertain if my service is even going to commence .

Jenny
Jenny Sydney, NSW

Review of Gas & Electricity

The lady was helpful in explaining the process and rates.
I am still waiting for the new contract to be emailed to me to double check as I got the call a week ago.

JAK
JAKGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Incomplete provider options

I was offered a rate 1% better than I was offered by my currrent provider to contract with them again. There are better options. I also requested that the new plan not commence until my old plan expired but when the docs came through it commenced immediately. Needless to say, I cancelled during the 10day cooling off period.

Milly02
Milly02Hunter Region, NSW

There were 2 quotes one for car and one for house Ins. Car 5star and house a poor 2star

Very happy with Car Ins. A local Company in Newcastle. but for Household I was knocked back by most Insurers. My House Ins had lapsed and I had forgotten to renew and because it was a new policy they knocked me back. I wanted the Woolworths one in particular but No Go.
Be careful though if they say windscreen repair it does NOT mean replacement!

Matt Y
Matt YVictoria

Easy annual solution to save money, but no prizes for customer service.

Convenient, fast way to save a bit of money every year on utilities.

The call I made was slightly painful due to one monotonous, fast speaking individual, who just wanted it over and done with.

You know that voice when someone hates their job and wants to quit? That voice.

Alessandro
Alessandro Sydney, NSW

Useful

I did insure with one of the comparison insurers but a little disappointed on all the extra cost added once you choose. I would prefer to see all costs upfront but understand that each customer would have different needs

Maggiebas.
Maggiebas.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great resource as a starting point to find competitive car insurance qoutes

There were only a few companies that I could choose from (5 to 6).
The most frustrating part was the insurance company giving one estimated quote on the "Compare the Market" website, and then when you went to the site to get an accurate quote, using the exact same information, the quote price would increase by up to $500. For example on Compare the Market, I was quoted $685 for comprehensive insurance, however when I went to the website, the final quote was $1260. This happened each time I went to follow up on a quote on all websites, which I found not only misleading but also very frustrating.

Darren Ross
Darren RossHunter Region, NSW

Its not compare the market its sell a policy

Called to compare health funds but ended up signed up with a new fund. Was told we had until the Wednesday to decide if we wanted to go ahead but on Monday we received welcome letters from the fund telling us are membership cards were in the mail. Not happy and will not use again.

Nathalie
Nathalie Illawarra, NSW

Not received confirming email or anything from AGL

Was told I would receive information from signing up to AGL. I have still not received anything. Have I changed companies for my electricity and solar or not? Not sure

Joshua
Joshua Perth, WA

Every insurer offered is auto and general

Nearly every car insurer recommended is just auto and general rebadged - does not have suncorp, rac, huddle. Compare the market is owned by auto and general and sells auto and general

MichaelStrathfield

The good news and the bad news

These guys were great for my home insurance but life insurance was a terrible experience.I got bombarded with questions and at the end never even got a call back.Im 49 only ever had slightly high cholesterol 5.8 from 5.5 ( normal ) Sugar always great ,I don’t smoke and have had a Hernia,also I had a TP claim this sent them running lol .Trust me guys insurance companies want people that will never claim and when they do your voice is recorded and used against you,people don’t fall for the easy applications Story either.

Michael

Just telling people how it is when applying for life insurance and how the insurance companies act ,which they should be disclosing more openly.