Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 3 of 7)

Sam
Sam South East Queensland, QLD

The quote wasn't accurate

We went with one of the quotes provided but when we went to the company's website to finalise the details the price went up - none of the details changed but the price did.

Janet
Janet Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Was interesting to see comparisons of insurance businesses but only the ones that paid to be included with this company. Made life simpler. I had a call from one of the companies recommended so went with them as they were competitive.

Donella
Donella Sydney, NSW

Quote different to comparison quote

Good overall but the quote when I went to budget direct (directly from compare the market) was $30 less. I couldn't submit this review unless I used 30 words at least. That's worth mentioning in this review.

Prices not accurate

The final cost is a lot different to the initial amount stated. Once you go through the process the cheapest quoted does not end up being the cheapest one initially offered

Caron
Caron

Gas hasn’t been done

Electricity done on time
Gas still not done
Have had confirmation of electricity but nothing for gas
Can someone please contact me in regard to this. I’ve downloaded origin app and it shows electricity is done but still waiting on gas

Eric
Eric Sydney, NSW

Electricity Supply comparison

Ended up as total waste of time, price and supplier were same as existing contract. doing comparison with other suppliers there were better options available . Offer that was presented differed from what was discussed

Mitchell
MitchellSouth East Queensland, QLD

recent usage

made 3 attempts to connect to Budget Insurance , and each time the connection crashed out. Eventually I contacted them by phone and arranged my home insurance . It then took 1 hour to finalise and answer all questions that I had answered on your site

Gill H
Gill HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better to go straight to the health insurance website direct!

After signing up to a package with Bupa, I was only offered a $25 gift card. When I went to their site I was offered 6 weeks free and a $50 gift card, you need to be fully informed. Also I was told the wrong price of the package on my welcome letter! However I did find the consultant Chevy was very helpful and friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

They process of changing insurance was quick and great.
Customer Service from Compare the Market on the 5/4/2020 Appalling
They called, i answered they hung up, i called the number they called me on
0488862364 and was told they could not answer my question someone will call me back.........

Bill T.Hunter Region, NSW

Changed my mind.

You recommended Dodo who I agreed to sign up with and then changed my mind next day. I found it impossible to contact Dodo on line or by phone to cancel my order. I then asked Compare the Market to do this for me and you agreed to but still I am receiving emails from Dodo.

Rasmus L.
Rasmus L.South East Queensland, QLD

A very slow and lengthy process.

Make sure you have time. Your ears will bleed after the amount of disclosure information that is read out to you... Much of it is hard to understand legal terms, and to be completely honest, even though I ended up buying health insurance here, I do not feel confident I got a good deal, and I do not think I will ever use this service again. I regret buying it here. I suggest you think twice...

Richard Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Issues with website

Would not load postal address.
Wrong company selected Alinta v Energy
Had to resort to phone to fix.
Twelve more words - Restrictions on words is example of why your web site is so bad

Hi Shannon
I think my issues stem from a web page issue. The encoder has been very prescriptive so that anything outside expected parameters is rejected. Insisting that feedback must be greater than 30 words is strange too.

Nocky
NockySouth West, WA

Ok but wont answer emails

Saved time and I got a thankyou email for purchasing through Compare the market but no Wish gift card, I have emailed customer support about the gift card but to date no reply plus i seem to be getting a lot of spam emails since using CTM especially Bitcoin related that have endorsed by Aussie Celebrities, I will say it saved time using CTM but lack of support and the spam is the reason for low mark

Ian S.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Expected to be followed up by suppliers after quoting

Suppliers contact you within hours of quoting with hard sell!
Less pushy selling tactics as required rather phoning me up with hard sell, more than likely in 12 months time I change to another insurance company seeking a better deal.

Ian S.

$391.00 extra a year for paying monthly is a total ripoff and you have lost me as a customer for life . That is nearly a extra 2 months payments Buyer Beware

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

My premium is $200 more a month than quoted ???

Now have to make calls and do the work myself. Defeats the whole effort.
Currently finding so many reasons not to trust anyone or anything in our world as it stands.