Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 4 of 7)

Paul
Paul Sydney, NSW

Electricity & Gas Connection

I used Comparethemarket however I very nearly didn’t. I enquired online and the received a phone call which I couldn’t take and I said that I would call them back. I then received another phone call not 30 minutes later to which I said again that I would call them back when I could. Over the same day I received 3 more calls which I didn’t answer.
The only reason that I went through with using Comparethemarket was because it saved me time, because if I had time I would have researched more myself.

Melvyn
Melvyn Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic

All the staff I spoke to were very friendly,polite,helpful and gave me excellent.
Luke was fantastic, very patient and answered all my questions very clearly
I wiil recommend all my friends to contact Compare The Market for a Insurance quote.

Sharon
Sharon South East Queensland, QLD

disappointed

after more phone calls found out the company you recommended was going to be more than Bupa as not all info was explained. I am very disappointed and have to make more phone calls and change fund again

Katrina W.Compare The Market

Find out how Compare The Market compares to other Insurance Comparison Websites

Forgot to tell me that bit!

I had a great experience with changing over my health experience however I wasn't told at the time it could take 14 days for my previous provider to cancel my membership therefore I would still get charged by them AND my new provider if I didn't call them myself!

Billy
BillyPerth, WA

Are you owned by BUPA ?

I just tried this service as i am considering switching my health insurer. I provided all the details they asked. I was then given 12 options, with all of them from BUPA.
What about all of the other insurers, are they not in the market ?
This doesn't seem right.

Not the best

Compare the market rang and they found the best offer for me apparently I don’t know because I couldn’t read what I was signing up for until I accepted the offer and was signed up this is crap it would have been better to get the offer in an email And my wife and I could have read through it and changed what ever we needed then accepted it now I gotta stuff around and change it after I’m signed up not very good at all

Genevieve
Genevieve Hunter Region, NSW

Not happy

I was looking at the site and had a call while I was on it. The representative was quite insistent on me moving from my current insurance without any significant differences between them except a $200 difference in claimable for dentist. She told me the fund she was offering and mine were both the same at $212. In actual fact my policy (using prices from 1 April) was $190 and the find she switched me to was $246.20. That’s a difference of over $50/month!! I do not know how they could get it so wrong except that the pressure on them to get customers flip is so extreme as to make them lie to persuade a customer. Misleading, deceptive, dishonest. I have reported my experience to the ACCC.

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

Be careful of the advice you are given

Robyn
RobynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Saved a bit of money.

I was able to get 2 months free with the new company. BUT.... the the cost become $2 higher than old company! Is it worth it. Probably not.
I originally said I had no time. This was ignored and the chap continued, disrespecting my time constraint.

Hien
Hien Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Use with Caution - Beware Subsequent Telemarketing?!?

Site doesn't offer good comparisons i.e. standardised fact sheets. Not all available plans shown as part of comparison. Better deal was only available via phone call from 'Insurance Specialist'. Phone call was pleasant and consultant was very helpful, but site was useless. Ended up changing Health insurance plan, was $10 cheaper p/month but more coverage. Note, biggest concern is that I have received telemarketing phone calls at least twice a day since using Compare The Market website. Previously, was very ad hoc. Of course, can't provide any evidence but highly coincidental!

Joel
Joel Illawarra, NSW

Not too bad

They didn’t tell me that I could save money by being under 10000 km each year and this made a big difference to how much it ended up being. This is the reason for only three stars.

Danielle
Danielle Victoria

It’s a great service however the quote never matched when I were redirected to the insurers page. I understand that with more details it can change the costing however the only additional information was my car has an immobiliser and an alarm- which I can’t understand why that would increase the insurance amount.

Dylan
DylanSydney, NSW

Pushy telemarketer

Don't give them your real phone number at any stage of the information process . They called me and directed me to a more expensive policy with less benefits than their web search indicated.

Stephan C
Stephan CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pretty high pressured

The service was efficient and quick,; as a person with a slight hearing difficulty I found this hard at times. And missed a couple subtleties. I was able to revisit and ask for clarification...and feel quite happy. I hope the promised service meets up to what was offered.

Competent

Adequate tool for assessing differing car insurance quotes however misleading as price quoted on your site was not the final price quoted for my car insurance. It is a good starting poin