Listing monitored by Compare The Market

Review of Home and Contents insurance.

The service is convenient but only provides quotes from a limited number of companies. It would be great if other available company quotes were also provided. This would greatly improve the service.

Nate
NateSouth East Queensland, QLD

It was ok but it only really compares prices

Offered me a $50 voucher to take out a policy straight way. Never heard anything back about the voucher. I had to email the to find out that it would be received a few months after the policy was paid.
The site is easy to use but it didn't have any real policy comparison and was purely price based. Given that I was only interested in the major perils and liability component of the policy it wasn't an issue for me. The average person would be able to make a better decision if the site showed more information on policy limits and inclusions.

RayJo
RayJoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

A basic way to allow one to make a decision

My comparison of insurance companies showed that my insurer is about right and my decision was to stay where I am so i guess if you input factual information then you get a reasonably accurate comparison.

Graham
GrahamSydney, NSW

Outcome unclear

After providing relevant data, requested an email of the comparison for considering. All I received was an email from an alternate supplier requesting the same information. Still waiting for a response from that supplier. Why is there a minimum 30 word answer required???

Russell
RussellSouth East Queensland, QLD

Got the job done...

I've used Compare the market many times but was unable to complete an electricity comparison online because the start date was too far away from our move date.
Fortunately because I started it & it wasn't complete someone called me & assisted me over the phone with the connection.
I guess I'm not entitled to the Meerkat Mondays :-/

jon s.
jon s.Southeast, SA

Getting quotes is easy

Always good to compare what other companies are offering. Quotes were competitive but excess payments were higher than my current insurer. Due to this i will be staying with the same company.

Stanier98
Stanier98Sydney, NSW

Market prices presented quickly

Prices received , apart from one, did not compete with my existing insurer. I hadn’t ever heard of the cheapie so didn’t go with them. I’ve stayed with the company I’ve been with since 1974.

Nik_and_Karin
Nik_and_KarinAU

Good service except for two poor instances

1. The compare & transfer of priveate health insurance wasn't very satisfactory. The onus on me to obtain correct transfer certificates wasn't made known to me. Also the no waiting period was applicable to joining only, not cmaking claims, which also was something I wasn't aware of.

2. Not offering a telephone service over the telephone for comparing house & contents insurance was a surprise and I was told to use your website. That was practically useless, as I have no knowledge of how to estimate the re-building cost of my home, nor how to estimate re-purchase price of contents, the website offered nohelp and not being able to ring for guidance was frustrating.

Rosanna
Rosanna Illawarra, NSW

Great service, so easy to use

Received a phone call before I left the website. The customer service rep was polite, knowledgeable and patient. He answered all of my questions without making me feel stupid and I believe he got me the best deal for what suited my family. The only negative is that he spoke a little too quickly

kkk
kkkSydney, NSW

Did not like the process

customers cant compare the plans without providing their phone numbers. I just wanted to window shopping at first and take my time to make the decision but someone called me straight away which was annoying.

A.RSydney, NSW

Never Again

Email sent!

A.R

Thank you Shannon for your email and following up. This is a great customer service from your company which show care towards your customer.

Watson
Watsonmelbourne

Dylan Torpy knows his Health Insurance products

Jen
JenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great response

Really helpful in helping me with a policy query and finalising my change of provider.
Service was very thorough, explaining every aspect and checking my understanding.
I don't have any more words but have to write at least 30...ah there we are!

Review collected in partnership with Compare The Market

This process was very useful as I had not had to something like this for a very long time.

The only issue I have is that I had made my decision about the first part of my enquiry and we moved forward with Compare the Market. However, I asked about another service I was considering and the person although very nice kept calling me - even though I has said when I made my mind up I would be in contact. I found this irritating.

PTM
PTMMELBOURNE

Great savings made.

Easy to use and ended up with a good saving of $600+ per annum for both gas and electricity. Change over from old provider handled by new provider. Simple and fuss free.