Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 2 of 3)

Donella
Donella Sydney, NSW

Quote different to comparison quote

Good overall but the quote when I went to budget direct (directly from compare the market) was $30 less. I couldn't submit this review unless I used 30 words at least. That's worth mentioning in this review.

Prices not accurate

The final cost is a lot different to the initial amount stated. Once you go through the process the cheapest quoted does not end up being the cheapest one initially offered

Caron
Caron

Gas hasn’t been done

Electricity done on time
Gas still not done
Have had confirmation of electricity but nothing for gas
Can someone please contact me in regard to this. I’ve downloaded origin app and it shows electricity is done but still waiting on gas

Katrina W.Compare The Market

Eric
Eric Sydney, NSW

Electricity Supply comparison

Ended up as total waste of time, price and supplier were same as existing contract. doing comparison with other suppliers there were better options available . Offer that was presented differed from what was discussed

Mitchell
MitchellSouth East Queensland, QLD

recent usage

made 3 attempts to connect to Budget Insurance , and each time the connection crashed out. Eventually I contacted them by phone and arranged my home insurance . It then took 1 hour to finalise and answer all questions that I had answered on your site

Gill H
Gill HMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Better to go straight to the health insurance website direct!

After signing up to a package with Bupa, I was only offered a $25 gift card. When I went to their site I was offered 6 weeks free and a $50 gift card, you need to be fully informed. Also I was told the wrong price of the package on my welcome letter! However I did find the consultant Chevy was very helpful and friendly.

Bill T.Hunter Region, NSW

Changed my mind.

You recommended Dodo who I agreed to sign up with and then changed my mind next day. I found it impossible to contact Dodo on line or by phone to cancel my order. I then asked Compare the Market to do this for me and you agreed to but still I am receiving emails from Dodo.

Katrina W.Compare The Market

Paul
Paul Sydney, NSW

Electricity & Gas Connection

I used Comparethemarket however I very nearly didn’t. I enquired online and the received a phone call which I couldn’t take and I said that I would call them back. I then received another phone call not 30 minutes later to which I said again that I would call them back when I could. Over the same day I received 3 more calls which I didn’t answer.
The only reason that I went through with using Comparethemarket was because it saved me time, because if I had time I would have researched more myself.

Melvyn
Melvyn Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic

All the staff I spoke to were very friendly,polite,helpful and gave me excellent.
Luke was fantastic, very patient and answered all my questions very clearly
I wiil recommend all my friends to contact Compare The Market for a Insurance quote.

Find out how Compare The Market compares to other Insurance Comparison Websites

Forgot to tell me that bit!

I had a great experience with changing over my health experience however I wasn't told at the time it could take 14 days for my previous provider to cancel my membership therefore I would still get charged by them AND my new provider if I didn't call them myself!

Genevieve
Genevieve Hunter Region, NSW

Not happy

I was looking at the site and had a call while I was on it. The representative was quite insistent on me moving from my current insurance without any significant differences between them except a $200 difference in claimable for dentist. She told me the fund she was offering and mine were both the same at $212. In actual fact my policy (using prices from 1 April) was $190 and the find she switched me to was $246.20. That’s a difference of over $50/month!! I do not know how they could get it so wrong except that the pressure on them to get customers flip is so extreme as to make them lie to persuade a customer. Misleading, deceptive, dishonest. I have reported my experience to the ACCC.

Robyn
RobynGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Saved a bit of money.

I was able to get 2 months free with the new company. BUT.... the the cost become $2 higher than old company! Is it worth it. Probably not.
I originally said I had no time. This was ignored and the chap continued, disrespecting my time constraint.

Joel
Joel Illawarra, NSW

Not too bad

They didn’t tell me that I could save money by being under 10000 km each year and this made a big difference to how much it ended up being. This is the reason for only three stars.

Danielle
Danielle Victoria

It’s a great service however the quote never matched when I were redirected to the insurers page. I understand that with more details it can change the costing however the only additional information was my car has an immobiliser and an alarm- which I can’t understand why that would increase the insurance amount.

Stephan C
Stephan CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pretty high pressured

The service was efficient and quick,; as a person with a slight hearing difficulty I found this hard at times. And missed a couple subtleties. I was able to revisit and ask for clarification...and feel quite happy. I hope the promised service meets up to what was offered.