Compare The Market

Compare The Market (page 2 of 128)

4.6 (1,231)

Karen
Karen Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pushy product seller

The girl I spoke to spoke over me and ignored when I said I was at work. I ended up signed up to health insurance before I could discuss it with my partner which I then had to spend another 45 minutes trying to cancel.

Billy H.
Billy H.Perth, WA

Queen of the market.

Anna S.
Anna S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Rude and pushy salespeople

I was quite disgruntled by your sales staff who have been calling me all day. When I finally returned the call because I didn't know who it was, I politely advised the consultant that I have been an Insurance broker myself but this didn't stop him from going into a barrage of "it doesn't mean you know everything about health insurance..." and I tried to stop him a few times and then when I finally got through to him he was rude and cut the call. Not what i would expect from such a company. If you're going to cold call maybe be polite and listen to win business instead of being a pushy salesperson.

Sold my contact details

Within days of giving an unused email address to compare the market, I started to receive spam about insurance. The culprit could not have been more obvious and I want my share of the profits.

Dennis
DennisSydney, NSW

Looks to me as if like Google searches you get paid to list companies at the top of your "cheapest" list

So was looking around for a quote on home insurance and contents and result yielded a very narrow list of insurance companies who by the way were on the Choice naughty list for screwing customers in bushfire zones. I then visited another company's website, who was nowhere to be seen on your list, and they were much cheaper than any on your so-called cheapest list. Bogus and fake and obviously receive kickbacks.

Rob
RobBonython 2905, ACT

Compare the market - compare the rudeness more like it

After an online enquiry, have been flooded with email spam and phone call after phone call, when I told the person I had received enough information off their site, which is what it is for, they immediately and rudely hung up on me without a word. Very poor service, so I'm telling everyone now. How rude.

Hi Rob,
We are very sorry to hear of the experience you have had and we would like to investigate this further. Can you please contact our team on customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au with your details ?

Jason
Jason Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

How can You argue about saving money?

Simple concept, easy results ... ie. more money in my pocket!
The customer service representative was patient and polite, getting to the heart of the matter in a timely manner, and then offering me the best option to save money ... too easy!

Port M.
Port M.

Meerkat Mondays

As you are part of the Spotify "Meerkat Mondays" campaign, where they play the same add over and over at full volume, I have rated you on your ethics.
This just shows what sort of company you are.
I WILL NEVER use Compare the Market, or any of my current or future family.
Simples.

Raisa
Raisa Perth, WA

Information transfer to the insurer

I am applied LHC when it should not be. The Australian rebate is applied wrong by the insurer. All the details had been provided to compare the market except for previous policy. Was told that when policy number given to new insurer the LHC will be removed. Now it's harder then it looks. I have to stop the new policy and start looking again.

Hi Raisa,
We are very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and we would like to investigate this further. Can you please contact our team on customerresolutions@comparethemarket.com.au with your details ?

Find out how Compare The Market compares to other Insurance Comparison Websites

A very pleasant experience, thank you.

Understanding, patient and helpful, not to mention an extensive product knowledge. Thank you Hannah for all your help I am very comfortable with my new health insurance and enjoyed the experience.

Hi Christine,
Thank you for providing your positive feedback for Hannah. We will ensure she receives the recognition she deserves.

Hamid
Hamid

Never again

I consulted comparethemarket on switching my health insurance. They gave me a lower price, so I did switch. Once all done, I found myself paying even a higher premium; all because of the incomplete information I was given.

Wendy M
Wendy MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Precise information

The advice I was given did not favour one company over another just straight forward facts. It saved me a lot of time trying to decide for myself which provider would best suit our needs. The consultant was also clear and easy to understand.
I would definitely use Compare the Market again.

Quick and efficient

Looking for new gas and energy prices, I got a quick and easy option and all the work was done for me. Same happened when I reviewed my health insurance last time. Simples!

Full of lies

After comparing online, a lady called me and promised that they take care of cancelling my previous insurance, new insurance will get transfer certificate. It is full of lies. NoIntegrity

Greg
GregMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Health Insurance Switch

After 50 years with the same health insurer whom had never offered me any alternative with cover following a comprehensive and informative discussion with a Compare the Market consultant I have switched to another company saving $806 per annum. Extremely happy with the service provided. Top job..