Listing monitored by Compass Pools

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (7)

New Compass pool installed by Gordon Avenue Pools!

Love my new Compass pool from Gordon Avenue Pools, very happy with the advice regarding selecting a pool and color chosen. So far it has been a great experience with quality products and excellent service!

Review collected in partnership with Compass Pools

No problems for a decade with our pool

Our Compass pool has been in for over 10 years and the pool and the self-cleaning system have been trouble free. The cartridge filter system is not so good and we are going to install a sand/glass bead type unit.

CC SydneySydney, NSW

Shame I couldn't get a Compass Pool

We wanted to install a pool. Our choice came down to Compass Pool or Leisure Pool. We chose the latter. That's simply because the sales from Compass Pool Sydney was so arrogant. He refused to come a second time because he said he is so knowledgeful that he don't have to come back to explain. It is a shame, I did like Compass Pool's colour range, structure of the pool and the in floor cleaning system. Unfortunately, I just can't see how I can work with a sales that stop me from signing a contract. If the first person you meet from the company could be so unpleasant. I don't know what is the rest of the company would be like. I would hate to find out when they have got my money.

The sales was Sam G...

JeffBrisbane

Most disappointing is being kind.

Jeff

Grateful for the self cleaning feature!

Minimal maintenance required with our Compass self cleaning pool - even after several years pool still looks great! Kids particularly are in & out of it all summer, & good fun when friends come over.

Compass P.Compass Pools

Hi Bronwyn we are so glad you are loving your Self cleaning Compass pool !

Pam and Phil
Pam and PhilHunter Region, NSW

Highly recommend the self cleaning option

Our Vogue pool is mostly undercover but with solar heating we use our pool from August through to late May. I highly recommend the self cleaning option as we have not had to vacuum our pool since it was installed 3 1/2 years ago.

Compass P.Compass Pools

Thank you so much for your wonderful review Pam & Phil !! What a great length of swimming season you get, that is so great ! Vantage is definitely a glorious thing to have

Satisfied customer

Our Compass Pool installation went smoothly and questions were dealt with efficiently. The in-floor cleaning system is great and the pool has sparkled since its start up. It is a wonderful addition to our yard.

Peter,
So glad that you are enjoying your Compass pool and loving the Vantage self cleaning system

Could not recommend a Compass pool

stweeverSydney

Mustn’t want any more work. Unable to get anyone from the company to contact me for a site inspect

I have contacted this company via email twice in the last 2 weeks requesting that a representative contact me about arranging a site inspection for a new pool. At this stage, I have not heard a thing from the company. If that is how they treat potential clients, how do they stay in business?

stweever

No sorry, not willing to risk it, after reading the reviews on this site. 25% are currently rating ‘terrible’. I will go elsewhere. Cheers Chris

Bruce
BruceHunter Region, NSW

My Expensive dealing with Compass Pools

Sandra
SandraSydney, NSW

Out of patience and out of pocket !

Compass Pools SydneyCompass Pools
RMW
RMWMelbourne

Good product terrible company

Fran McPhersonBrighton Le Sands

Does a great job of cleaning but no repair service

Our pool is 7 years old and is not cleaning the whole pool. We have not been able to find someone to service/repair the cleaning system

Fran McPherson

Thank you for your response. Our cleaning system is now working perfectly

Pool cracked after one season. Avoid.

Had a Compass pool installed by a reputable local installer. Pool developed cracks after just one year. Repair was undertaken by Compass, but cracks have returned. The Compass website talks up the strength of their pools and so on which is difficult to accept. We will be seeking legal advice, unfortunately. Both wife and I agree if we had our time again we definitely would not have installed a pool at all and just stuck to the public pool, or maybe just bought a small above ground splash pool. Numerous problems with installation as well. My advice, save your money and don't go there. Disheartening experience.

What a waste of $30k

A spa/plunge pool that the heating unit has repeatedly failed, incomplete works (Venturi valves not fitted. Backwash to sewer not fitted) and the call centre and email they use so you can't actually deal with anyone is bordering on the fraudulent. Add to this they forgot to commission for 2 months and only the threat of legal action made them do anything.

Compass P.Compass Pools

Hi Darren, sorry to hear about your experience with the installation of your pool. If you could please private message us your details and location we are more happy to bring this to the attention of the local dealer so they can address this.

Ida H.
Ida H.asked

How do you Let a little water out of the pool?

Adam Bell
Adam Bell

We have an overflow pipe in the side of the pool - I believe these have now been installed in the filter basket.

R Shannon
R Shannon

Dear Ida,

M
To let water out of your pool you need to alter the valve so the filter motor pumps the water to a waste water outlet and the you return the valve to the regular setting. You MUST turn the motor off before altering any of those the valve settings. I would suggest you contact a pool maintenance person to look at your pool because pool plants often have an individual setup of their pipes, motors, valves etc.

Regards,

Bob Shannon

Compass P.Compass Pools

Hi Ida, you are best to discuss this with the company who installed your pool or your local pool technician as every install will be different.

Sincerely, Compass Pools Australia

jacqui w.
jacqui w.asked

Hi I am about to get a pool put in and still debating whether or not to put in a self cleaning pool or one that requires the use of a robotic cleaner. I live in Southern NSW. It is a compass pool about 8m x 4m. The cost is quite expensive first up, but then is it? Do you save money on maintenance if you go for the self cleaning pool?
Thanks Jacqui

Jonno P
Jonno P

If the pool is in the open, not surrounded by trees then robotic might be an option. If you are anywhere near trees that shed leaves etc. or in a windy part of the state go the self-cleaning option, quality of life is more important than $.

Emilio M.
Emilio M.asked

Hi,
I’m trying to contact your dealer here in Toowoomba ,Qld but with no luck. The phone number posted on the web gives me a fax tone. Any good contact number I can ring? Thanks

We are in Sydney so I think would be Compass Pool Sydney