Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patch

Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patch

See the Best Lip Care Products in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (7)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell

Its okay

Purchased in January 2020 at Supermarket for $18.00.

JudyR

JudyRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best patches

After years of using a different branded cold sore patch, I tried Compeed, just because it was all the chemist had in stock at the time. I wasn't keen, as I thought it may be inferior. However, I love this patch. Cold sores are terrible things, painful and unsightly. Compeed patches helped it heal fairly quickly and I'm glad, that by chance, I ended up with this brand. Will buy only this brand from now on.

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Irene

IreneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good idea but not impressed

I get a cold sore every few years so I've just learnt about the patches. Instructions say they stay on for 8 hours but the longest I got was two hours. They just lift from the back and I have to remove them. I've gone through six in a day, too costly. I'm going back to the cream.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $15.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
BrionyM

BrionyMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changed the way I manage cold sores (long time frequent sufferer)

Purchased at Woolworths for $15.00.

Use with acyclovir cream 5%

During the day I find the patch ideal to prevent me from touching and irritating the cold sore. I find my lips dry out in the aircon at work so the patch keeps the sore moist which in my experience aids healing.
At night I still use the chemist's cold sore cream thickly.
This routine along with Lysine, vit C a& zinc tablets have helped me reduce the severity of cold sore. I believe mine are largely stress and dehydration induced.
I have not experienced the problem of irritation from the patch. It comes off easily (but not too easily). It is very expensive though.

Purchased in August 2019 for $18.00.

emiliak

emiliakIllawarra, NSW

Works fast

Purchased in April 2017 at Chemist Warehouse for $20.00.

Nbis

NbisSydney, NSW

I always use these

I very rarely get a cold sore. Maybe once every couple of years. But I find these patches get rid of the cold sore usually within 4 days and stop it from scabbing. The only annoying thing is they come off whenever you eat or drink... I need two packets for one cold sore. But definitely worth the effort of reapplying.

Purchased in February 2019.

hoko

hokomelbourne

Great but not perfect

natasha

natashaHunter Region, NSW

Some skin seemed to come off a little when removed

I usually only get cold sores like twice a year maybe and when I do I usually just stick to my lypsine tablets and cream but this time around I got one worse than I usually do and wanted to try something different..
I found them really easy to put on and actually came off pretty easy but it just seemed to take some skin off with it, it didn’t hurt or anything but once it was time to come off my coldsore was bright red. Maybe if I try it just as soon as I notice symptoms next time but I think il just stick to my cold sore cream next time

Compeed application

Every time I try to apply compeed patches, they fail to go on properly, no matter how careful and methodical I am! I waste at least half the pack over a few days, poor design for application at consumers expense...and they are that! It's a shame because it can do the job otherwise!

Really helps

I find they really do cover up the cold sore so it’s barely visible and it also speeds up the healing process whilst skipping the painful steps!! The only thing I would ask them to change or improve, they’re quite painful to remove and I do wonder whether pulling it off the cold sore irritates it. But other than that, I would highly recommend!!

Work well however difficult to apply

The patches work well once you get them applied. However this is extremely difficult. Have suffered since a child with cold sores. Used Zovirax cream in the past and a friend told me about Compeed. Found they really work but you need to apply as soon as you feel a lump appearing. The severity is reduced and I don't get the painful Skin cracking. Unfortunately my cold sores always form on my bottom lip towards the inside of my mouth so the patches need to be replaced every time I eat and drink. They are so difficult to apply that I end up wasting a few or need to apply 2 to get correct coverage. This is really annoying as they are expensive. Would like Compeed to improve the way they need to be applied.

hmk

hmkSylvania

Will never use again.

Had a small cold sore on my bottom lip, have previously used Zoviraz which I was happy with but decided to try something else. Well I totally regret it. Followed the instructions on how to remove the patch and not only did the patch come away but so did several layers of my skin! Ended up with a very sore bright red patch under my lip and it took 8 months to disappear!! Just be careful if you have sensitive skin.

Really was hopeful

So, I’m a long time cold sore sufferer. I got a small bump on my lip when I woke up and immediately threw a patch on. I continued this routine through the week - the sore was almost gone in four days! Miracle!! But, then I notice a bump near the old sore and it was spreading. Once I took off my patch -WHAM!! A sore has appeared the exact same size and place where the patch was placed. Fair to say I’m currently icing and alcohol rubbing to try get it down. I’ve been using compeed patches for about a year now, I’ve had mixed results. This experience however has turned me off them entirely. I’ll take my chances with a small cold sore over a huge monster any day.

A confidence booster, social enabler and product of discretion

Best product ever!

I felt the tingle in the morning so ran to the supermarket that evening after work, I could see a small cluster of blisters just starting to form. Put a patch on and used for 6 days straight, you couldn't see it through the patch and the patch was surprisingly invisible. It was barely obvious I had one. I found for me they lasted between 10 to 20 hours, so didn't need changed frequently. Normally my coldsores hurt but with the patch I felt no discomfort. Finally on day 6, I can't even see signs of any coldsores.

I have found what I've been looking for!

Kath

KathBega

Can almost forget the coldsore

Alison

Alison

Excellent invention

Danny

DannySydney, NSW

Waste of money

Paid $20 for these patches and went through 5 of them trying to stick it to my lip, the peel off is just stupid, whoever come up with this has no idea, it could be as simple as a bandaid but no they try to reinvent the wheel. Don't waste your money and stick with the creams.

Maria J.

Maria J.asked

Very interesting read. I've suffered with herpes ever since I was a child but it's only been the last few years I discovered that I have genital herpes. So I started looking for a way to get cure permanently from this deadly virus I visited so many hospitals in search for a solution but it never worked out.so I started searching for cure to my herpes virus.

Few month ago I came across a site where a lady was sharing a testimony about Dr OHIKHOBO about how he cured herpes and all kinds of diseases with is natural herbs so I decided to give it a try so I email the Dr he told me how I was going to get the herbs so I did as he instructed few days later I received the herbs and I started taking the herbs as instructed by the Dr.

I was shocked two weeks after when my doctor told me that I was free from herpes so I decided to let the world know how I was cured from herpes by Dr OHIKHOBO. you can reach him through his email: drohikhoboherbalcenter@gmail.com if you also want cure for your herpes or any of the disease listed below because the Dr says he also as cure for them.

CANCER

His Email; drohikhoboherbalcenter@gmail.com

His whatsap number: +2348103601042

victoria e.

victoria e.asked

PLEASE READ MY HERPES CURE . hello Everyone, i am from Florida USA. I want to share my testimonies to the general public on how this great man called Dr Mohammed cure my herpes. I have been a HERPES patient for over A YEAR AND TWO MONTHS and i have been in pains until i came across this lady when i traveled to Holland for an interview who happen to once been a herpes patient, i explained every thing to her and she told me that there is this Great DOCTOR that help her to cure her herpes and she gave me his email address for me to contact and i did as she instructed. And the Dr told me how much to buy the herpes herbal medication and how i will get it, which i did. and he send me the herbal medicine through UPS COURIER SERVICE and i use it according to his instruction And to my greatest surprise that i took the Herpes herbal medicine for just 2 week and behold i went for a herpes test, for to my greatest surprise for the Doctor confirmed me to herpes free and said that i no longer have herpes in my system and till now i have never felt any pains nor herpes symptoms , so i said i must testify the goodness of this man to the general public for if you are there surfing from this Herpes problems or any deadly disease or other disease for i will advice you to contact him on his working email:
(herbalcure12@gmail.com) chat or called whatsapp +2349036036397 and i assure you that he will help you just as he did for me okay