Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patch

Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patch

3.4

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (11)
  • Ease of Application
  • Smell
Amy

AmySouth East Queensland, QLD

Doesn’t stick to your face

Do not use compeed Patch. I get cold sores on a regular basis and the creams do not seem to do much. I tried the patch’s and they do not stick to my face at all! They fall off instantly and actually spread my cold sore across onto my face. I may have had a bad batch but for £6 I will not buy again. Would not recommend. Furthermore Uses a lot of plastic and Unnecessary packaging which will Go straight into landfill.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$6.00.

Causes Irritation Yes
Carolyn

Carolyn

This made my cold sore worse!!!

Purchased in January 2020.

DEE MARIE

DEE MARIE

Good and bad

Good because it will stop you from touching your mouth or spread it over pillow at night.
But not as quick as Zorvirax. They don't stay on for very long at all. But ok for short term protection /coverage when going out. Sores look bigger and angrier after use. Difficult to apply, too small. No active ingredient?
Great as a bandaid for coldsore to hide them hut not to heal.
But costly as well

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$16.00.

Lip Care Products

Find out how Compeed Total Care Invisible Cold Sore Patch compares to other Lip Care Products

Erika89

Erika89Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

I prefer these over creams any day!

I see others struggle with the patches coming off easily. I have quite dry skin, maybe that's why I haven't had any problems. I've also found that these help heal hormonal acne spots. My only complaint is that I can't get these in a larger size to cover more area! BIG FYI - if Acyclovir makes you sick, try larger doses of Lysine (any brand) 3x per day instead! Changed my life.

Purchased in November 2017 for A$15.00.

Too hard to put on

They've made the patches way too hard to put on. Wasted 8 of them straight away just trying to put it on. Gave up in the end. Should be easy!!! Wasted my money.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$12.00.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No
Diana Y.

Diana Y.Sydney, NSW

Good for small coverage, but dont believe it works.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$14.00.

Its okay

Purchased in January 2020 at Supermarket for A$18.00.

JudyR

JudyRSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best patches

After years of using a different branded cold sore patch, I tried Compeed, just because it was all the chemist had in stock at the time. I wasn't keen, as I thought it may be inferior. However, I love this patch. Cold sores are terrible things, painful and unsightly. Compeed patches helped it heal fairly quickly and I'm glad, that by chance, I ended up with this brand. Will buy only this brand from now on.

Purchased in February 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

Irene

IreneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good idea but not impressed

I get a cold sore every few years so I've just learnt about the patches. Instructions say they stay on for 8 hours but the longest I got was two hours. They just lift from the back and I have to remove them. I've gone through six in a day, too costly. I'm going back to the cream.

Purchased in October 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$15.99.

Ease of Application
Smell
Causes Irritation No

BrionyM

BrionyMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Changed the way I manage cold sores (long time frequent sufferer)

Purchased at Woolworths for A$15.00.

Use with acyclovir cream 5%

During the day I find the patch ideal to prevent me from touching and irritating the cold sore. I find my lips dry out in the aircon at work so the patch keeps the sore moist which in my experience aids healing.
At night I still use the chemist's cold sore cream thickly.
This routine along with Lysine, vit C a& zinc tablets have helped me reduce the severity of cold sore. I believe mine are largely stress and dehydration induced.
I have not experienced the problem of irritation from the patch. It comes off easily (but not too easily). It is very expensive though.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$18.00.

emiliak

emiliakIllawarra, NSW

Works fast

Purchased in April 2017 at Chemist Warehouse for A$20.00.

Nbis

NbisSydney, NSW

I always use these

I very rarely get a cold sore. Maybe once every couple of years. But I find these patches get rid of the cold sore usually within 4 days and stop it from scabbing. The only annoying thing is they come off whenever you eat or drink... I need two packets for one cold sore. But definitely worth the effort of reapplying.

Purchased in February 2019.

hoko

hokomelbourne

Great but not perfect

natasha

natashaHunter Region, NSW

Some skin seemed to come off a little when removed

I usually only get cold sores like twice a year maybe and when I do I usually just stick to my lypsine tablets and cream but this time around I got one worse than I usually do and wanted to try something different..
I found them really easy to put on and actually came off pretty easy but it just seemed to take some skin off with it, it didn’t hurt or anything but once it was time to come off my coldsore was bright red. Maybe if I try it just as soon as I notice symptoms next time but I think il just stick to my cold sore cream next time

Compeed application

Every time I try to apply compeed patches, they fail to go on properly, no matter how careful and methodical I am! I waste at least half the pack over a few days, poor design for application at consumers expense...and they are that! It's a shame because it can do the job otherwise!

Really helps

I find they really do cover up the cold sore so it’s barely visible and it also speeds up the healing process whilst skipping the painful steps!! The only thing I would ask them to change or improve, they’re quite painful to remove and I do wonder whether pulling it off the cold sore irritates it. But other than that, I would highly recommend!!

Work well however difficult to apply

The patches work well once you get them applied. However this is extremely difficult. Have suffered since a child with cold sores. Used Zovirax cream in the past and a friend told me about Compeed. Found they really work but you need to apply as soon as you feel a lump appearing. The severity is reduced and I don't get the painful Skin cracking. Unfortunately my cold sores always form on my bottom lip towards the inside of my mouth so the patches need to be replaced every time I eat and drink. They are so difficult to apply that I end up wasting a few or need to apply 2 to get correct coverage. This is really annoying as they are expensive. Would like Compeed to improve the way they need to be applied.

hmk

hmkSydney, NSW

Will never use again.

Had a small cold sore on my bottom lip, have previously used Zoviraz which I was happy with but decided to try something else. Well I totally regret it. Followed the instructions on how to remove the patch and not only did the patch come away but so did several layers of my skin! Ended up with a very sore bright red patch under my lip and it took 8 months to disappear!! Just be careful if you have sensitive skin.

Really was hopeful

So, I’m a long time cold sore sufferer. I got a small bump on my lip when I woke up and immediately threw a patch on. I continued this routine through the week - the sore was almost gone in four days! Miracle!! But, then I notice a bump near the old sore and it was spreading. Once I took off my patch -WHAM!! A sore has appeared the exact same size and place where the patch was placed. Fair to say I’m currently icing and alcohol rubbing to try get it down. I’ve been using compeed patches for about a year now, I’ve had mixed results. This experience however has turned me off them entirely. I’ll take my chances with a small cold sore over a huge monster any day.