Computer Alliance

Computer Alliance (page 3 of 6)

Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (26)

Len1010

Len1010South East Queensland, QLD

Friendly Helpful Sales Staff, But not a computer or IT Specialist by any means.

zWolf

zWolfBrisbane

Terrible customer service

Computer Alliance needs to PD their service staff with over the phone customer service, or don't let them to talk to the public and get more tactful people on the phone. I had problems with a portable monitor that was blanking out and got this horrible attitude on the phone because the device is working for him. The problem is not in what he says but in how he says it. This guy was abrupt and gung ho, and told me to take the monitor home and video it to prove the problem to him. IT people might be good at IT but some are definitely not the friendliest communicators. Just wasted my money on a product that doesn't work and got scoffed for it.

John

JohnBrisbane

Unfortunately terriable service

Bought asus motherboard . DOA took back for refund . Employee refused refund or replacement of motherboard . I was accused of mis using the board . I have since gone to asus direct replacing motherboard no issues

Will K.

Will K.Brisbane

Good except for that queue

Cox

CoxAdelaide

took money out of My card and didnt send product until I called them 3 weeks later after 2 emails.

I received 4 weeks after money debited, when I spoke to them I asked why, they said I had to confirm debit on My card... this doesn't happen any where else in the world... I sent them and email the same day asking what was this and what was going on thinking it was a scam. No reply til I called them 3 weeks later WTH???

azzaboy18

azzaboy18

Good Price, Good Postage but signed me up for spam

Purchased via eBay, price was good. Postage was quick but without my consent they started sending me spam. I don’t like that they got my email address from eBay and auto signed me up for their advertising. I am not happy with that type of thing so... 1 star review!

Good, but shipping is terrible.

Shop with CA for many year, so far so good. Just one thing I hate is they always ship without any protection, I get it, it just a box but I do care about the box. As a pc builder box is important as we always want it in perfect shape not rectangular package arrive in triangle form.

amrak

amrakSydney

Horrible first impression. Problem fixed during later communications.

At first, they put the incorrect name on the shipping label and tax invoice for my order. I called them up and they were quite rude over the phone blaming me for using the same eBay account to order for my friend before, and eventually hanged up on me. I put the correct name and address on my order through the eBay interface for this order. How am I suppose to know how their internal system work? Worst customer service experience ever.

Edit: I called up two more times afterwards, and finally the third customer service rep took care of the problem and fixed everything. However, my order is still delayed over the weekend.

Horrible aftercare service - never coming back!

Sales staff are normally good, decent prices, horrible aftercare - faulty item has corrosion and was only purchased 2 months ago when it should last at least 2 years without any issues - store refuses to provide refund for a $99 item. Not to mention the horrible manager and lack of customer service in store - currently proceeding with Fair Trading, ACCC and seeking legal advice. Be Aware!

Owen E

Owen EBrisbane

Great product supplied - just not what I asked for

Marco Garcia

Marco Garcia

Buyer Be warned - Poor Customer Service and Faulty Goods Supplied

Extremely disappointing service. Was supplied a faulty hard drive and sent back for refund/replacement.
On their receipt of the Hard Drive it was damaged by Australia Post, minor damage to the plastic housing but unrelated to the hard drive being faulty it self. During the journey of waiting for an answer if the Hard Drive warranty will be honored Computer Alliance advise that if it is not honored I will not see any refund and that I will bare the full cost despite the fact they have supplied a faulty product. Finally received resolution that the warranty will be honored however I am expected to cover the cost of the minor damage from transport.

Jazzdaz

JazzdazBrisbane

This is actually a 2.5 star review

Sang

SangWagga Wagga

They don't care after you purchase

I bought Wacom that is about $2400, and few month later it has some problems but they want me to contact the company myself for the problem. Thing is.. If the product is under one year, they suppose refund or change for me. Now I have to drive 5 hours to Sydney to replace to new one.. Don't buys from Computer Alliance, they won't look after the product you have purchased from them.

Surprising Prices

I usually avoid Computer Alliance due to their average prices and uninformed staff.

Recently the prices have been more competitive. Unsurprisingly, the staff are still incompetent.

Go to Umart

Gazza

GazzaBRISBANE

Good phone service but issue with item not sent.

Best price for item, ordered late Friday and expected delivery by the following Tuesday. called Wednesday to find out item was still sitting in shop waiting to be sent out. Told that was OK because they give themselves 3 days to ship an item. The Courier they intended to use would not leave item if no one home, so I reluctantly agreed to use Australia Post who took 5 days to get from one side of Brisbane to the other. When I pushed hard, they gave me a $10 store credit.

Find out how Computer Alliance compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Product Good but shop staff customer service poor

After queuing for some time I then had to wait for staff to set up computer to show me it worked. After that the computer was brought back out for which I was waiting for some time to pay. Staff did not acknowledge I was waiting to pay and I actually had to make a point of telling them I needed to pay for the item. Disappointing as I feel customers should be No.1 focus especially if they are waiting to pay a large amount of money for their goods .

rekabeus

rekabeusBrisbane

Forgot to ask obvious question

My husband bought himself a new computer and everything was fine with the transaction. However when he got home and set it up he couldn't get wifi working so he rang the shop and was told that the system didn't have wifi as it was an extra addon. I'd have thought the salesperson would've asked whether wifi was needed in this day and age. This would have saved time and money in running around to obtain a wi fi connector.

Michelle

MichelleBrisbane

Happy

Happy with the purchase made for my son however the delivery method was poor. Freight details indicated it was to be sent via Couriers Please. It was forward by Australia Post with the item purchased bouncing around the box.
Packing and freight option needs review.

Need to work on that Customer Service.

Pretty normal service for the IT industry in my area.

But as someone who works in customer service and understands the tech more than most of the salesmen, I cannot stand it when sales reps assume I am inept and start explaining my hardware choices.

Powerful System - supportive and knowledgeable staff

CA's prices are extremely competitive and their products are built and delivered in a minimum amount of time. Staff are focused on helping you get the best system for your needs and are willing to spend a great deal of effort on communication and clarification; no sales pressure tactics are used.

Final product is excellent. I would advise that if possible you pick up the product directly from the store yourself - because of my personal situation I requested delivery and the courier damaged the system in transit. CA has bent over backwards to provide Return To Base repair in response, but it is best to avoid such situations entirely.