Online store, Physical store

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (3)

Cannot be Trusted

Check your invoices as we agreed on a price and then the salesman puts it through at full RRP and thought i wouldn't notice.

Good products and knowledgeable staff but way too many personal questions

I got what I wanted which was a bit of extra ram, but I had to answer so many personal questions, it felt like I was at a medical center! I asked why they needed my phone number, email, home address, full name, etc. and they said it was if i ever wanted a refund.... bruh what do you think a receipt is for! If this place ever needs a bit of spare cash they are going to sell this data to the highest bidder. I was really not comfortable giving all this information but they said they wouldnt let me buy the stick of ram without it. If you value your personal information I would avoid this place.

fleecy

CA Online Store

Product PurchasedASUS ZenBook 14 UX434FLC

Meoi

MeoiSydney, NSW

False advertising about delivery - and I have business that depends on it.

Product PurchasedASUS Cerberus Mechanical RGB Keyboard
Idontreallylikereviewing

IdontreallylikereviewingSouth East Queensland, QLD

I do everything I can to avoid shopping here.

I wasn’t going to write a review, but since you emailed me and asked me to:

I bought a fairly simple item, just wanted to buy it and walk out. I was forced to give my name, email address and full residential address in order to complete the sale. Was told it was compulsory. I said I’d prefer not to as I don’t see the need and I would rather not get marketing material or that sort of thing. The salesperson stifled a laugh and told me that wouldn’t happen. Then you email me and ask me to write a review...

Have shopped here a few times when I can’t find something elsewhere. Really don’t like it. Always something odd happens.

Store LocationMy Gravatt
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Don't buy from this store off ebay

I searched for a usbC to ethernet/VGA/USB/USBC adapter on ebay. The ad said that there was a special offer where I could get the product for $63 (the listed price of the item was $78). The postage was $15. The total on the checkout page was $78 and I enquired via chat to this store and was told that I would get a rebate for the purchase. So I purchased the item and was charged $78. I never received the rebate.

BrissiemaidBrisbane

Be very careful

TERENCE

TERENCEKewdale

Packaging was terrible

The drive arrived OK but the packaging was terrible. When shipping a hard drive I would have expected some additional bubble wrap or something. All it came in was some additional brown paper scrunched up on top and on the bottom

AlvinG

AlvinGBrisbane

Refund had 15% restocking fee

Before I bought an iPhone game controller I asked the counter person if he ([name removed]) knew if the game controller was compatible with the game I play (PUBG and rules of survival); he said he wasn’t sure but encouraged me to buy anyway to try since it can be refunded if I retained all original packaging. I wasn’t told about the 15% restocking until the next day when I returned the product. He probably did it to increase sales without caring about the ramifications to customers, and because of this, the store can’t resell the item as new and I paid $10 for what was a hopeless case from the start. I wouldn’t even have contemplated about buying it if I knew about the restocking fee.

Terrible customer service

Product works well, but I wouldn't say it's because of Computer Alliance, more like the manufacturer. Came into the store wanting to buy a few parts but was so disgusted by the customer service I only bought an optical drive. Prices are alright though, which is why I gave 2 stars.

Lafayette

LafayetteBrisbane

Steer clear for your own benefits. (go to MSY/uMart instead)

How do you even mess this up?

My custom build wasn't even connected to the $300 1060 graphics card. Went through a lot of trouble and money to get this computer and it isn't even built properly. Computer Alliance is a terrible place, have had problems with it in the past and it seems like I'm still having trouble with them. Staff were nice though.

Not satisfied mainly because the workers at computer-alliance.

Avoid - terrible customer service and expensive!

Terrible customer service and ripoff prices. I've shopped there a couple of times, but never again. Tried to return a dodgy product (under warranty) and they refused unless I also provided some tiny screws (probably cost all of about 10c) that came with it. Also charged $90 to write a letter saying that my computer was stuffed.

Find out how Computer Alliance compares to other Electronics & Computing Shops

Poor staff attitudes, but not much other choice

PBR-Streetgang

PBR-Streetgang

Great Price Terrible Warranty Service After.

mutte

mutteAU

Great products, rude staff

Annoyed

AnnoyedBrisbane

Non-transparent refund policies

I have bought from this place a few times, and when there are no problems, it is fine. I once bought a wireless desktop network card, but it wasn't working. Requested a refund, but they only gave store credit (even though I should be allowed one). In the end, I had to end up buying things that I didn't really need anyway, just to use up the store credit.

It seems that Computer Alliance don't like to do refunds on defective products when customers should be legally allowed to get a refund.
Store is nice, wide range of products
Only do store credit, staff could be friendlier

Harvey Wilson

Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Prices have improved, service hasnt