Conroy Removals

83 reviews · Statistics

64% · 5330 · 36%

Rates and Fees
Job Satisfaction
See the Best Furniture Removalists in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cara
CaraVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC3 posts

Excellent service

They facilitated the arrival of our goods from the UK to our home. Great communication and organisation. Efficient, friendly delivery men who took the time to put the boxes and furniture in the relevant rooms. Would highly recommend.

Jan T
Jan T
Karen
KarenMartin2 posts

Shipping Perth AUS to N Z

Would definitely use Again. Quote was competitive and communication was good. They made it seem so easy and it went pretty smoothly and quicker than expected. Ended up hiring a fully sole use half sea container with to and squeezed in car and large tool boxes all of which made it safely across the water, especially the car. One handle got broke on a tool box but that was ok. The guys did it all as in strapping down vehicle secure and all we needed to do was complete paperwork. Arrived in port on time as per schedule and no damage to car. No hesitation in recommended Conroy.

Steve
SteveBristol

Would definitely use again

I only moved four boxes back to the U.K. from Perth W.A but found them to be very reasonably priced.

Any questions I had were answered promptly and I felt confident with the whole process.

Will use again if I need to.

Gamze
Gamze3 posts

Perfect service!

I had a 1-bedroom apartment move from California, USA to Melbourne. I moved overseas before, and this was by far the best moving experience I had. Conroy Removals have fantastic customer service, they were very helpful with all the paperwork and customs. They said they will bring the delivery at 11:30 AM, and they were at our door right on time. We didn't have any damages, no extra costs. I am very satisfied with their service, and I highly recommend them.

AlexM
AlexMTaupo

Excellent Service! Hassle Free

Vikki and Lee were amazing helping us move from Perth to New Zealand. They were both very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We were kept well informed of where our belongings were the whole journey. I couldn't recommend them enough.

JUlie P
JUlie P

Big thank you to the team and Vicki was who amazing !

Moved from WA to QLD , the boxes were stored in Conroy store in Perth and Brisbane , was quick to transfer, Vicki was always more than accessible and was always here to answer all my questions !! Really good pricing too !

DEtoAUS
DEtoAUSColeambally

Keeping us informed

Conroy assisted with our move from Germany to rural New South Wales. They kept us informed regarding the ship's tracking as well as how our good were going through customs and quarantine. The transported our gear from Melbourne to our home in a timely and expert manner. Our load was small, 35 boxes and two bikes, but it was done with a minimum of fuss and good information flow. I would use them again.

jumankum
jumankum3 posts
AussieAnne™
AussieAnne™Geelong2 posts

Pleasantly Surprised: Germany Vs Australia!

I have moved to three continents in 25 years, and when I moved from Kandel, Pfalz, Germany, to Geelong, Victoria, Australia, I dreaded the move of my furniture again. The German ITO guys were fantastic, they carefully packed all my belongings till late in the night. When my furniture arrived in Melbourne, I had no idea that their service could be topped, but Conroy proved me wrong. Chris & his friendly Kiwi colleague was punctual, professional, friendly & very helpful. I was very pleasantly surprised and I would certainly make use of Conroy again. They even offered to pick up any packing materials free of charge if I wish to get rid of it later. Thank you very much for the fantastic service!

E J Conlon
E J Conlon

Easy peasy

From online quote through to delivery day, it was a stress free experience!

The guys that came to the house on removal day, were like having your mates over to help you move!

Everything was wrapped and packed to the highest standard - we ended up taking a bit more than what we had originally advised on, not a worry!

Communications on when container was arriving was great. The staff on delivery day were awesome.

Rates were reasonable for moving Interstate and the service we experienced was above and beyond.

Thanks Conroys!

Mike M
Mike MChristchurch

Easiest international move I've had

Only had 12 boxes to ship, not a whole house, but the process was straight forward and easy to follow.

Great communication from Conroy's when I had a few questions and very flexible quote, as we didn't know exactly how many boxes we'd have.

Pickup was well organised as was tracking and delivery. Boxes arrived completely undamaged.

Also much cheaper than two other quotes I had.

Fiona T
Kim HToowoomba
Diane
Diane

Extremely satisfied

Completely satisfactory and well informed constantly...From the moment the shipment docked , regularly updated by email and custom process ! Soon as cleared phoned asap and delivered 36 hours to my home at Gold Coast !! Friendly lads on delivery van thank you Conroy removals ..credit where it's due !!!

Grace E.
Grace E.

Worst Experience Ever!

Should have read the other reviews before I booked Conroys.

Although the experience started off well enough in Brisbane,

When the container was unloaded at Nelson Wharf and reloaded into another truck the debacle started.

Many beautiful pieces of furniture badly damaged.

2 boxes missing.

The Insurance process was a long drawn out nightmare.

And the settlement was poor at best.

I will never use or recommend Conroys International to anyone.

Laura B
Laura B
Jackie  Brigstocke
Jackie Brigstocke2 posts

Most unstressful move ever!

I recently moved from the Northern suburbs of Sydney to Townsville. Conroys staff were friendly, helpful and upfront regarding costs, time and the entire process of the move. Every staff member from the office staff to the guys who came on time to uplift my furniture were a pleasure to deal with. I even got a call early from their depot in Townsville saying my goods were ready to be delivered 5 days earlier than anticipated. My furniture arrived totally undamaged. I will definitely use them again. I have moved 25 times and this was by far the best moving experience. Thank you Conroys!

joanne
joanneMelbourne

Terrible service

These guys are incapable of picking up a phone, terrible customer service.

If I had known the company that I used in London used this company this end in Australia then I would of used someone else!

Terrible experience.

I still don't even have my things so I cant comment on the delivery.... All I can talk about is the customer service in the office. I have had my last three emails completely ignored. The telephone experience is just as bad.

I would NOT recommend to a friend.

jlfor4
jlfor43 posts

Medium sized interstate move was handled efficiency and with great customer care. They even called and brought the delivery day earlier (5 business days after uplift) so I could get home early for Christmas. The whole team on both ends took care with each item and they were easy to work with. I had no issues whatsoever. Would choose Conroys again.

Reevooyer
ReevooyerSydney4 posts
MDott
MDottChch
Kirsten
Kirsten

Successful move

We used Conroys for our move from Melbourne, Oz to Taupo, NZ and found the experience very easy. Although we paid for full packing service, we wanted to prepack some boxes ourselves. A pile of different size boxes, tape and paper were delivered many weeks before the service which was very helpful. All sales team and office staff, both in Australia and NZ were professional, friendly and very helpful in such a stressing time for us.

Would highly recommend [Name removed] and [Name removed] in the Melbourne office to assist

Tahnee French
Tahnee French

Best moving company EVA

Just would like to recommend this company they are amazing a packed my stuff like it was there own. Very helpful in all ways possible as its a very stressful time for people they made it so easy for us an very affordable . It was the cheapst place by far. Buetifull friendly people thanks heaps Conroy you guys Rock

Dotty
DottyVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Conroy Removals
Conroy Removals   DM

Sonia D
Sonia DSunshine coast

Bitter experience

We have moved interstate and we selected conroy to do the job. They came, estimated everything using an ipad, looking professional and very polite. An expensive price was passed to us but since everything was looking so good well we thought it was worth it. When the day came a significant portion if the load was left behind. When we raised a claim they wanted to charge us again for the things they already agreed to move and we paid for, and it wasnt cheap... They didn't accept any responsibility for their mistakes.

Nigel P
Nigel PBrisbane2 posts

Best Service

I have moved several times including across the Tasman and chose Conroy Removals to move from Melbourne to Brisbane. I was very pleased with their service and in particular the teams I had for pick up and delivery.

My household goods were also in storage for 3 months and gratifying that everything was in good, clean condition.

F Hassan
F HassanMelbourne

Mike HCanberra3 posts

Never again

The person that came to estimate was very kind and polite. But it seems that he did a poor job, because when the day came to load the staff, a lot of items were left behind. When we asked them about why some items were not loaded, they simply said "sorry not enough space, now you have to pay extra". But then why someone came to estimate how much space would be required to move everything, if then they later said that we have to pay extra to move the things they already estimated to move!!!!! Never again!!!!

Mike H

Something else to add: Now we are moving back from ACT to QLD. Guess what, we paid $ 5 K with Conroy, another company is quoting $ 2 K for the same job, yes less than half the price from Conroy...

DONT USE CONROY'S!!!!!!
DONT USE CONROY'S!!!!!!VIC

anouska Lyons
anouska LyonsVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Seamless service

We used conroy removalist to transport a 2 bed house over to the UK. They were by far the cheapest and their service every step of the way was amazing. Sales team were brilliant, friendly and personable, their removal team (both ends) couldn't do enough for you and so polite. So wonderful to have such a great team when you are trying to move house/country. Wouldn't go with anyone else and highly recommend.
inexpensive , polite, thorough
Happy client.
Happy client.Alf

The best ever

I have moved between Australia, Tasmania, the UK and finally Europe 6 times over the past 35 years. Conroys was by far the best experience for us. Also it was the lowest price of three companies in Melbourne by a considerable margin. They also stored our goods for six months successfully and when the goods finally arrived, the boxes looked like they had been packed the day before.

As we had a huge proportion of delicate antique furniture, glass and chinaware, it was a great relief to know that all was in excellent order. At every stage I received excellent service and courtesy from the Australian and European agents. A pleasant and grateful relief during an always stressful time.

ConroyRemovalsNever
ConroyRemovalsNeverWellington

Simon
Simon

Conrad and Broni
Conrad and Broni

Best Value

We moved from Melbourne Vic to Hamilton NZ. We read all reviews and asked the Representative who came and saw us about the negative reviews, We explained we wanted a full price no hidden extras. We also saw the biggest complaint was loss of luggage, so we paid a small amount more and got a sole user 20ft container. We were given a price and help on the day with the paperwork... at no extra cost. We asked for a communication contact thru the whole process that was not a call centre, and received.

We could not fault the service and have recommended to others.
We asked the hard questions and recieved honest answers.

Raj
RajMelbourne

Very Happy about the whole process of shipping

Very happy about the service provided by Conroy Removals from Day 1 when a consultant came to give us a quote to the day when the shipping got delivered at our door step overseas. They are very professional, understand our needs very well, flexible and very cooperative. Communication is excellent in terms of giving us update from time to time. I would recommend Conroy Removals without any doubt and feel happy about helping others by referring Conroy Removals.
Professional, Economical, Good Communication, Customise to individual needs
carol
carol

awuful - once you pay that is it for customer service

Your experience sounds like mine. NO customer service at all once I had paid for my stuff to be moved from Aus to Canada. They hardly ever replied to emails and when they did, the emails were unfriendly bordering on rude. My stuff took 7 MONTHS to get from the east coast of Australia to west coast of Canada, I had to pay furnished accommodation because the shipment took approx four MONTHS MORE than they estimated. Then my stuff arrived over Christmas when I was back in Aus and I had to pay their partner to store our stuff until I got back. I would not recommend Conroy at all for overseas moving. They're cheap but you do get what you pay for.

Bacci
Bacci

Great move

We moved with Conroy Removals and cannot speak highly enough of the customer service from the office staff and the crew that moved us. On moving day the crew showed up on time and were awesome to deal with, very funny guys and worked really hard. They made the whole moving process seem really easy and stress free. On delivery, nothing was an issue for the guys, they put all my furniture and boxes in the correct rooms which was really great, my wife even asked them to change the lounge room furniture around as she was not happy with the way she placed things the first time around and the guys did it without any hesitation. All and all a great service and I will be happy to use them again for my next move.

NateLMilwaukee2 posts