Container Discounts

Container Discounts

See the Best Storage Providers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Container Discounts? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0
  • Job Satisfaction

Citizen
Citizen

First Choice Containers

I was scammed by these guys. First Choice Containers. INCREDIBLY sophisticated website, product knowledge and invoice. Even updates by "[Name Removed]" as to delays etc. Paid $4400 to their account and the container simply never turned up. I checked their ABN, did all the checks and they still managed to fool me. UGHHHH. Only advice when buying a container is to ask for a photo of the ACTUAL container you are going to have delivered and then do a google search of that image. Then call all the numbers listed on their website, ask to speak to account, look them up on google maps (satellite) and check their other listings on Google, FB, Insta etc etc.

Moira M.
Moira M.Far North Queensland, QLD

Totally scammed

Lucky for me I only paid 50% deposit then found these reviews about an hour after but still couldn’t recover the lost money. Have reported to cyber crimes, ACCC, my bank and the bank I paid money to. Instant money transfer should be optional not automatic

Dina F.
Dina F.South-Eastern Region, NSW

This is Fraud and they ripped me off

I purchased a modified container from container discounts on the 8th july. Gary was the salesman who contacted me after an enquiry on market place. I paid a deposit of $3750. I was unwilling to pay the full amount as I was unable to view container. I asked for address and Ann. I googled the address given and it corresponded to a real company Container Pty ltd. Delivery never happened. Initially I accepted the delay as Sydney went into lockdown however when I rang last week web was taken off and numbers discontinued and email bounced. Reported to police and to bank however I do not think anything will happen.

*** Container Pty Ltd*** is a legitimate business

Christina K.
Christina K.Northeast, VIC

SCAMMERS

I lost $4,950 for a site office that never arrived, i dealt with an Aaron Jacobs with a very thick English accent, he remained in contact with me up until the site office didn’t arrive then wouldn’t answer calls. I called the main number and another English guy answered and claimed he was in a meeting and would return my call, but never did!
I’m gutted having saved hard on a disability pension to make this purchase.
The last time i tried calling the phones were disconnected.

Troy P.Perth, WA

SCAM

I was scammed out of $5170 AUSD after "Ash Peters" (conveniently with a thick Kiwi accent) from container Discounts sold me a modified 20ft container. The website is still up and active but all the phone numbers are innactive.
I plan to set up a FB page " Container Discounts, SCAM" in a hope that anyone who looks up the company on Facebook will stumble upon the page and also that the victims can use the platform to help share info and strategies in trying to get their money back.

Ronnie Perth, WA

SCAMMED

Liam Harris apparently from Preston in Lancashire UK, working for Container Discounts in NSW answered my question from Facebook Market Place about a container for sale. I got the data sheet I wanted, emailed over, and an invoice for $3575, which came with an apparantly legitimate ABN and a Westpac BSB and Account. We transferred the money (24 June) and that was the last we heard. Phone disconnected. No container. Report and Paperwork submitted to Police and Bank.

Michelle N.New South Wales

LOW LIFE OXYGEN THIEVES

Tron
TronSydney, NSW

Scammed

Just woke up to the fact I was scammed. I paid $3,500 for a refurbished container. Tried to contact company but get no response. Reported to bank and scam watch.

WayneSydney, NSW

SCAMMERS

Yes exactly the same experience ,paid 3950 on the 28th June for delivery on 14th had phone call on 14 saying delivery rescheduled for the 20th and no more contact since, was to be storage for equipment salvaged from flood while rebuilding farm sheds, absolute grubs very clever SCAMMERS, they are already advertising for more marketers for there next instalment

Scammed

Can’t believe I have just been scammed !
Lost $3,520
Container supposed to be delivered on Monday
[Name Removed] was the name of the guy obviously false. He was so nice on the phone, I can’t believe people do this for a living. I’m so disappointed as everything else organised around the delivery as well.
How is Facebook allowing these people to advertise on there site especially seeing all these reviews.
I hope you guys get caught and thrown into jail

Another Victim here

Like all reviews have come to reality yesterday have been scammed on 2 containers. When no contact by mid morning yesterday 23/7 the supposed delivery date everything has shut down. Liam or whoever he is did answer yesterday morning but now dead number when called. Like others carried out all checks and seemed valid.
Happy to help supply info to authorities if this helps shut them down.

John FMid North Coast, NSW

Thieves! Stay away

This company seems legit but are far from it. Abn checks out, customer service and communication is great as well… until you hand over your hard earned… they get your cash, organise a delivery date then disappear. Absolutely disgraceful…

Zak
ZakSydney, NSW

I got scammed absolute crooks

Stay away, like every other review they got me , I have called all numbers disconnected and not answering emails and all looked above board these guys have been going for a while and are also on FACEBOOK MARKET PLACE, so look out they go under so many different names but all Same ABN

Absolute crooks

As all the following I have been scammed. I bought 3 containers for a dome shelter and have never received. If only I could get hold of this guy his name was Aaron Jacobs.

Randi T.asked

Unfortunately I just found this thread... I'm in process of reporting to bank and police now as we too are out a lot of money.... My question is... did anyone get their money back? Have they caught this person or group yet?

Ronnie

Nothing, we reported too. Its large amounts of cash they are stealing.

Hi Randi
No money has been returned, our bank indicated if we paid by Visa or Pay Pal we would have got a refund but not with direct deposit.
We reported to police to be honest all they said was it would be passed on to the fraud department.
I’m surprised the ATO aren’t wanting to find them as they are not paying the GST to the government but anyone that is able will be claiming the gst.

Randi T.

Is there a group started yet on facebook to start working together? I'd assume the more money this scam is collecting then they might start looking a bit harder. I'd be interested to see the accounts and such used and hold the banks accountable too... they need to be accountable for their account holders stealing in my opinion.

Jon
Jonasked

Can everyone post the BSB & Account Number they transferred & paid the invoice into.. I have a plan..

Account Name, Container Pty Ltd
BSB 342098
Acc 853070090

Randi T.

sent a message with our information

Erol
Erol

Payment Details:
Bank Account Name: Container Pty Ltd - BSB: 923-100 - Acc No.: 307692211.

John Fasked

Hey guys, did you all see an ad on marketplace for the container and send them your ph no in your initial contact? Then it took upto a couple of days for a reply? Every bit of info helps!

Yep that's correct

Scott
Scott

Hi John,
Yes that was how it happened. In Our case we heard from a Liam ?? now not sure if real name. Sends emails about deal etc. Then request payment to book in and WHAM they have got you. Do not proceed with them as you can read they are a fraud.
Not sure how to stop them getting away with this !!

John F

I believe that they ask for your number for a few different reasons but primarily because they have their phone numbers blocked for all calls and they unblock your number while they’re pulling the scam.
Did everyone speak to a man with a pommy accent who sounded like he was mid- late 40s?
@scott, the fool I was dealing with called himself joe. He screwed me for $6600 and I will devote my time to making sure I catch this scumbag and make his life a misery!