Contempo Induction Cooker

Contempo Induction Cooker

4.0 from 1 review

See the Best Induction Cooktops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The controls take time to learn. But induction cookers ARE the way to go. And this is actually quite good.

It's a kind of read the instructions, but learn to use by using it type of devices.

Because it's combining power settings, heat of contents of pot settings, and a keep warm setting, and a boost (quick heat setting) and a timer..... It's a bit of read the book and suck it and see....

I kind of wish that everything was a simple energy input setting and a timer.

But I can see the benefits of the other functions.

I think as long as it's reliable I will grow to intuitively use it....

After a few days of use - in terms of cooking - it's brilliant.

In terms of electrical cooking devices, induction is the way to go... for many things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aside from that issue which is very important - the unit actually works very well as in I put a 22cm cast iron pan on it and turned it all on and that sort of heated up to a fair sizzle in what seemed only a few seconds.

Seriously - 3 or 4 seconds to sizzling....

I have used this pan for 30 years on electric stoves - of all types, gas stoves, kerosene stoves, camp fires, hot coals etc., and this frying pan was almost instantly sizzling. I have never seen that happen before.

I turned around and looked at the old round slab electric element stove, and I looked at it, and I said, "Your now redundant".

And I didn't even look backwards and forwards even twice.

I am really looking forward to bacon and eggs on toast... as this should be nearly instant cooking - without the rubbery meat from the microwave effect.

Without extensive testing and issues with brands and manufacturers etc., I think the induction cookers ARE the best thing ever.

Purchased in March 2019.