Contempo Medium Digital Microwave AM925EBY

See the Best Microwaves in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Top micro wave great price

Value micro wave oven does the job easy re heats de frosts quick easy to use. Use every day works well one button to use so easy even for aged.

Purchased in January 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $129.00.

Noise Level

Fantastic value for money, easy to use

The food cooked or heated does not dry out and is better than my old Microwave that was a top of line. This model is very user friendly and easy to use. The food cooks evenly and is a pleasure to use. I use it every day and have never had a problem with it. I was so happy with it I purchased one for my Son as his old one stopped working. He is very happy with this model as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Exploding microwave

I brought the 48 dollar contempo microwave and while cooking something it exploded burning my wife microwave now blows power to house if i try to use it my wife now has a third degree burn and are now talking to as solicitors and will be suing as my wife's burn is terrible

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Very happy with my new Microwave.

Purchased my Contempo Microwave from Big W two weeks ago. It's easy and straight forward to use and is easy to clean. I had checked out on-line different sized and priced microwaves and decided on this one. It looks very smart in polished stainless steel in my kitchen. This microwave is ideal for my small family of 2 adults & 3 children. Very Happy.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not bad for the price

We bought our microwave at big W just over one year ago. It is easy to use and looks good in our kitchen. My only complaint is that the light blew at 6 months old. Still works great just doesnt have a light in it. Still a good product and would recommend it to anyone on a budget.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Beware of Rust

I bought this Microwave and am happy at the cooking functions and the time it takes to cook.
This fits in a small space on my bench.
It is not loud.
Sadly it is rusting inside the unit so will need to be replaced in just over 1 year.
I will still buy the same as it cost $50.00 and is value for the money I paid.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Easy to use

Great little microwave I wasn’t sure about buying so cheap but I love the settings and how easy it is to use, it’s sturdy and well built, good size for our small apartment, heats well for its size. Not to loud, I suppose it’s the same as any other microwave.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

its ok

this microwave is a cheap one and it shows, i wouldnt buy it or this brand again, it does do the job but not like a good brand one, you need to sort of slam the door shut which is noisy you can hear the machine working which is annoying

Date PurchasedOct 2017

good value for money

spur of the moment purchase since it's so cheap! (old one was still functional but thought it's time for an update) - functions well, defrosting doesnt take long, good value esp since its one of the cheaper ones around! buttons easy to configure doesnt need you to read the manual to find a mode.

Good for the money

We wanted a cheap yet physically attractive microwave for our kitchen. This was well priced at Big W and is metal so fits in with our other appliances. Plenty of different modes provide easy selection for your usage. The clock doesn't keep time very well but we rarely use it for this purpose. Overall very happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Great product, low cost, nice to buy

Bought it from Big W last year, as I moved new home, I need a solid and good looking microwave. The fact has proven that this microwave oven is my best choice for my tight budget. It is very easy to operate and clean, never go wrong. Really recommend buying.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great product, great price.

Our microwave died and although we rarely use one we needed another. The prices are ridiculous upon looking online and we came across this one in our local bigw store and the price was great especially for a stainless steel one. It cooks prefect. Is not noisy. Its made sturdy and best of all it comes with 2 year warranty which is great as most come with only 12 months. Very happy.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Reliable

Brought at big w on special and haven't been disappointed. The microwave is very stylish and fits perfectly into the built in slot in my kitchen. It is extremely easy to use, sturdy and very quit. It is also a breeze to clean. So far we have had no issues and it does its job very well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Great value, good looking

Purchased from Big W the Contempo was one of the cheapest brands on the shelf, I was a little sceptical that this would be a quality product for the price but generally it is an up market looking microwave for a budget price.
Have owned and operated for 3xmonths now, no issues.
Easy to clean in and out easy to operate and effective use of modes. Recommended

Date PurchasedAug 2017

OK but not amazing

Microwave is good cooks well and stuff like that my only problem with it is the fact that you can not manually punch in a time to cook the food it just goes in thirty second increments which is a little frustrating when you don’t want to have to do so.

Excellent for the price

Needed a new microwave quickly and only had access to big w and bought this brand without expecting too much. It is great, hasn't missed a beat. Much better than previous expensive microwave. Would highly recommend this if you're on a budget. Easy to use and clean, good handle on door rather than a button to open.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Very Good and reliable

Reliable and Not noisy
for only 100 from Big W
Very good and easy to clean
Good size and very good after sale service with a clear manual
Stylish with a clear clock to monitor the time
Pull handle big enough , Defrost is easy to use and I really like it

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

User friendly

I bought the microwave a few months ago from Big W. It is a bit cheaper than others, but I am absolutely satisfied with the cooking results of this microwave. The control panel is simple and understandable, so everyone can use it without problem. This microwave works enough quiet. It looks sturdy and very stylish. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Cheap but reliable

Bought this microwave 3.5 years ago for under $50 at Big W. It is an 18L. Small glass plate but it has suited our needs well so far.
I havent been able to work out any of the defrost/cooking settings so i just press the 30 second increments button to set the cooking times. Eg. 4 presses of the 30 second button for 2 minutes. I also use this method for defrosting too.
I use this microwave at least once per day for heating wheat bags am i satisfied with the time it takes and heating results.
Good thing about this microwave is that you can see your food/heat bag through the front window, which some new fancy microwaves do not offer.

Date PurchasedMar 2014

Does the job

Happy with this microwave. Have used it for more than a year now. Use it every day for warming up food etc. Have done some cooking food in it and has performed well. Strong and so far no problems , if used for very long time does automatically switch off to avoid over heating and burn out of microwave. Good for everyday use especially warming up food and liquids.

Date PurchasedMar 2016