Contigo AutoSeal West Loop Travel Mug 16961

Contigo AutoSeal West Loop Travel Mug 16961

See the Best Reusable Coffee Cups / Travel Mugs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Get it right

Get it rightWestern Australia

The new lockable lids are rubbish

Bought this two months ago after using contigo products for years. The water bottle lids only broke after I dropped them numerous times and fair enough I should have to pay to replace them. but I continue to buy the water bottles because they are so sturdy and easy to use. I used the coffee travel mugs/westloop for years until they became too scratched. Unfortunately they now have different lids. I dropped it once a few weeks after purchase and now despite there being no signs of breakage, it leaks from the button. Very disappointed and won't buy another one because they are too flimsy.

Purchased in May 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $30.00.

JDA

JDASydney

The lid started to leak, warranty was worthless.

Initially I was impressed with this travel mug, however, after about 6 months of daily use for my morning coffee the lid began to leak.
The lid is a very complicated design with multiple moving parts, seals, springs etc. Unfortunately the part that failed is a join between two dissimilar plastics so the lid would need replacing.
I did contact Contigo warranty and eventually got a reply from them asking some questions and for me to send some photos. After sending this information I never heard from them again.
I have now replaced this mug with another brand that has the same insulated style cup but a simplified lid.

See all Contigo AutoSeal West Loop Travel Mug reviews