Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 Questions & Answers

4 questions from our users

Are these tyres run flats ?
No, not run flats. :) http://www.tempetyres.com.au/tyreproducts?continental-2354517-97w-contimaxcontact-mc5

Comparing Continental ContiMax contact MC5, 245 45 ZR18. 340 tread wear to standard Bridgestone 245 45 R18 MY02 Sporty Style. Caprice secondhand with both sets fitted. Which one is better, ride, noise, performance and wear?
I do not experience in the Bridgestone MY02 tire but Bridgestone GR90 tire on 225/45R18. I have to say the Continental MC5 being better in the reduction in road noise. Confident of every cornering and it's feeling litter bump on uneven road. I am happy with them.You can't really compare the two, MC5 is far superior tyre to MY02. From the Bridgestone range the RE003 would be a closer comparison but cost a lot more. I've had MC5 fitted for a year & very happy with the value for money. Previously had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 & RE001 on my car for comparison.

what sort of mileage do you normally get from theses tyres with regular rotation and balancing ?
First time for me with these tyres. So far over 5000kms an they look very good. Comfortable, quiet and good grip. No complaints. When I researched there were some suggestions about lower the average distance for wear - so time will tell on that.

Get an answer from our members and Continental Tyres representatives