Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

Continental ContiMaxContact MC5 (page 2 of 3)

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

So far, soo good.

Still have a set of 4 - 225/45x18 fitted to a new Mazda3, they have just done 40,000km and hardly look used? ( I'd post a pic if it would let me) I reckon I'll get another 40+k out of them, seriously. Great for me. Good wet and dry.
Thanks Matt @ Bob Jane in Gladstone for talking me into them.
If it helps? I run 40psi and have them rotated every 10k.

Car2016 Mazda 3 hatchback.

Great all rounder tyre

215/45/17 MC5 tyres lasted 60,000km+ on highways/motorways. Date code on tyres is xx13, lasted until late 2016). Grips good in the dry and wet. Tyre placard states 33/32psi front and rear but kept them pumped at least 36/35. No idea why people say these wear out quick. It's a good al rouder tyre. Got them for about $150 each back then.

Car2001 Subaru Liberty B4

Very soft side walls

I bought 4 from jax to get 1 free on the promotion, to replace the michelin worn Michelin primacy st 3 ,
The continental tyres change my vw transporter t5 to wobbly every time i turn or hitting a bump even i change the pressure high or low like they are flat and every time hit any path hole make loud sound and no steering feel at all but they are quite on smooth on flat road.
another things the car start to pul to left even when the wheel alignment was perfect, jax technician blame the car suspension fault but the car only 2 years old and was on warranty and just serviced, never before with the old michelin.
So i decided to replace the front with michelin again and left the 2 continental for the rear as spare.
I tryed many brands on this car and always find the michelin suit better probably got harder side wall but also quite on path hole.
Another thing i found on the side of the tyres like a lump but jax said it is normal which i do not belive it looks like the side wall steel belt bent.
I will never buy them again
I am not against continental i like the sport ones are awesome on my Alfa Romeo v6

CarVw transporter t5

Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

Just put them on may Mazda MX6, replacing Maxxis MA V1. Quieter, better braking grip in the dry, grip thru corners effortlessly, feel like they are hovering rather than rolling, rolling resistance silky, steering feedback improved and lighter/more responsive. Haven't had any rain to try out wet braking, but I expect it will be on par with the overall excellent performance. I also expect to see an improvement in fuel economy. A significantly better tyre than the Maxxis, which I was happy enough with. Typically, the Maxxis feel like they are gritting their teeth thru fast corners, determined to hang on no matter what. That's great, but the ContiMax says 'relax, I've got this' at even higher cornering speeds. I'm a semi-spirited driver, pushing a little on corners and generally enjoying driving well and within the limits of my thirty years' experience. I feel that they are a perfect match with my driving attitude. I got them thru www.tyrecompare.com.au for $136 a piece fitted and balanced from a Continental dealer in Nailsworth, SA (which I appreciate for warrantee reasons). Outstanding value for the quality, and tip-top service from the dealer. They even fit my best Maxxis on to the spare wheel for free.

Car1993 Mazda MX6 front wheel drive, four wheel steering.

Quiet, Grippy and wallet friendly!

Put 4 of these 225/45/17 on my 2008 Honda Accord Euro on the weekend.

Will watch how they wear but I'm happy to trade wear for grip to be honest.

Compared to the no name cheapies that came on the vehicle these are a huge improvement!

Quieter, very Grippy and ride comfort is excellent. Even if 30k is the going mileage from these, considering the performance and comfort in both wet and dry I rate them as excellent.

CarHonda Accord Euro

I am very satisfied

Like most people commenting here, I found the wear could be better. However the plus side is that these things GRIP! The obvious trade off the Continental has sacrificed is the durability of the tyre opting for the softer compound for grip. Perhaps more suited to European roads but for the price, these are really god value when compared to tyres with similar stickiness like yokohama's. Would I buy them again? If I could get them for a similar price then yes. $600 for 4. It's still a great price even if you're getting a maximum of 30k out of them. I am running them on a vs commodore ute and I would expect as the other reviews show that the soft compound would not wear well on front wheel drive cars.

Car1997 VS Commodore Ute

4 for 3 there's a reason... Nothings Free

Not sure how everyone things they are great value? haven't lasted a year!! Thanks Bob Jane

Hey Mr Tyer Deal please give the fastest tyer that wear out, yes i would love to waste $1000.

How about offering real server that the customer needs rather than sprooking for the Manufacturer.

Very Disappointed

CarVW Passat

Only lasted 1 year and less than 18,000 kms

Jax put four of these on my Camry and the two front tyres only lasted 1 year and did less than 18,000kms. The Michelins that came new lasted four years and 50,000 kms. Jax even checked the Conti's four months later at 5000 kms. I would not recommend and will never buy Continental tyres again.

Car2010 Camry

Two blow outs in two months

Bought these tyres as a buy three get one free deal at Jax Tyres. The tyres are very weak in the side wall. I am now looking at replacing all four tyres with Bridgestones. There is no way I would ever recommend these tyres to anyone as I believe they do not suit Australian conditions.

Car2009 Mazda 6

Best Value for money

I purchased this set of tyres through the "Buy 3 Get 1 Free" deal from Bob Jane T-Mart. While their customer service was one of the worst I've had, the Tyres I couldn't speak highly enough of. Excellent handling in cold, hot, wet or dry weather, super quiet and my fuel consumption has reduced as well.

Great Value for money

Car2007 Subaru Liberty Station Wagon

Great tyres for price

Bought these tyres from Bob Jane on a buy 4 for the price of 3 deal in March 2015, so paid just under $700 with a wheel alignment for them. They replaced Dunlop SportMaxx RTs, which I barely got 45,000ks from (also a 4 for 3 deal, but over $800). The Dunlops had been 225/50 R17s, but I went with 235/45 R17s with the Contis, so slightly lower profile, but greater footprint. Upon picking the car up from Bob Jane after fitting and alignment, I noticed the difference in steering feel and weighting straightaway (both were better). Further driving showed the Contis to be quieter and more compliant in ride (even though they are lower profile). Wet-weather driving is particularly good (it wasn't great with the Dunlops).
I had to request these tyres and initially the Bob Jane store tried to sell me other tyres, but upon picking up my car, the store manager told me I had made an 'excellent choice' and would be 'very happy' with these tyres. I have to say they are correct.

Car2004 Ford Fairmont Ghia BA

Thumps Up Continental ContiMaxContact MC5

Comfortable tires for dry and wet day. It feels like a 50 series touring tire running at 38 PSI. Very good cornering and very litter bumps on uneven roads. Low noise on rough road, but quiet on highway. A very good value for money product. I will recommend them to all my friends.

Naff tyres

Should have stuck with Michelin XM2s. Took these on a get 4 for price of 3 deal. No different to old XM2s after 55,000 kms. Hate to think what these will be like after even 20K. Very doughy ride and soft sidewalls from day 1. XM2s hold beautifully right to the wear mark. Spend the extra and get the XM2s you won't be disappointed.

Update after 16 months. 2 stars down to 1 star (No star more appropriate)
Well, got 33,000 kms out of them (to check marks) including spare rotation. Terrible wear and performance. Very disappointed in tyre shop's advice advice which was glowing of these tyres. Needless to say they have lost me as a customer. Booked into Tyre Plus for Michelin XMs for the Camry tomorrow and at the end of the year for cars #2 & #3. Bob Jane lose. Tyre Plus win.

CarCamry Conquest V6

Good run so far

Had continental MC5 for 20000km so far very happy much better than good year exellence it replacd, better than continental contact 3 which became very noicy but ran to 60000 km. MC5 great tyres very good in cornering and quiet on most road surfaces.you find will give Bridgestone Turenza a good run too!
It very quiet tyre and helped cornering on my ZTECH Ford mondeo

Poor performing tyres and terrible customer service

I brought 4 brand new Continental 225/45ZR17 91W C-Max-Cont MC5 from Jax tyres in Nov 2013. Within 2 months 1 tyre was shredded because it deflated and thats what happens to continental tyres. Then the Continental tyres representative for the western sydney area claim that it wasn't a manufacture problem but you would expect brand new tyres would last more then 2 months. In my opinion, Continental reps provide poor customer service and they rather argue/debate over $171 then satisfy their customers. Would not recommend using Continental tyres on the basis of the hassles in dealing with their reps honouring their guarantees.

Poor performing and terrible customer service

I have had Continental tyres for a long time now and can I please suggest to do some research before making your mind up. Our Astra came with Bridgestone Turanza which were very noisy after only 20,000km at the most and I swore that I would never replace the current tyres with a new set of Bridgestones. I opted for Continental Sport contact 2 ,these tyres are higher priced than the MC5's but one reason is they were actually manufactured in Germany and not Malaysia like the MC5... We have since gone through a set of continentals when the car had low mileage and then replaced them with Continental DWS which were brilliant in the wet and stopping time was greatly reduced again. Now we have put another set on and we will unfortunately not get the full life use out of them as we are selling the car soon. They are again the Continental Sport Contact 2 MADE IN CZECHOSLAVAKIA..... It does pay to check where they are made and if you need to spend an extra $20 on each tyre it is definitely worth it compared to other tyres I have had. I have had Bridgestone,Hankook,Dunlop,Michelin and I have to say Continentals are better in all conditions.Of course its gonna shred if you don't check the tyres often, like you said it was deflated and it shredded.

Would buy again!

I replaced the factory fitted Bridgestone RE050A on my 2010 Mazda 6 wagon and noticed a dramatic improvement! Better grip, quieter and a more comfortable ride. Yes the side walls are softer but that didn't efect handling. Some reviews say that the compound is hard, but the compound on the RE050's was much harder. I would say that the compound was actually more on the soft side. Maybe it depend on the tyre size. I have the 235/45/17's. Grip is great in both the dry and wet.
As far as wear is concerned, I got 50.000km on the Bridgestones and it lookslike I will get around 40,000km on the MC5's. (traveled 38,000km so far) This dosen't worry me as they cost a lot less than the Bridgestones.
I am an agressive driver and expect alot from my cars.
I am replacing these with another set and I am putting them on my daughters 2006 Focus Zetec next week.
Quiet, smooth ride and grip.
A bit more range

Ordinary

I put these tyres on around 20K ago, being told that they are a performance tyre. They are not. They are also very fragile, tramline and are quite a hard compound. Compared to the discontinued Good Year F1 tyres that these replaced they are a very poor tyre for grip and do not give confidence or feedback when you are pressing on through corners. They do have quite a stiff side wall, but with the hard compound, this can lead to mid corner bump steer on rough surfaces with quite a lot of unwanted chattering through the steering wheel and rack shudder.
I wanted to like these tyres, but do not. There are a lot of budget tyres on the market which will do things right. These are average in every respect.

Very poor value for money.
Quiet.
Lack of grip, poor value, fragility.

Continental tyres

Hi, yesterday I was driving my car and suddenly I had a flat tyre. The inside wall of the continental tyre that Nissan deems appropriate to put on these cars had split in many places and almost looked like it had perished after 10,000 kms (just if that, car is 5 months old).
I am disgusted by this, and have read many reviews on Continental tyres and how they are constantly having blow outs. I have a 9 year old boy, 7 year old girl and a 5 year old boy in that car on most occasions. Nissan and its choice of tyres may have been responsible for their injuries or deaths as a result of a blow out on the road. I would not recommend your car after this and will make sure I tell everyone about my experience with your car. I bought a car that had airbags and safety features so that my family would be safe. Now I am faced with changing all the tyres for a suitable brand that will not place my family at risk. Well done NISSAN for risking my families life, I hope YOU have a Merry Xmas with adequate tyres on your car while I am stuck driving at 80Km with your bad spare on my car at this time of year. Be sure, and be confident that this message and my experience with be conveyed to as many people as I can share it with. Enjoy your holidays, and also be sure that i will never touch one of your cars again.

side wall perished after 10,000 kms

Side wall blowout contimax mc5

Got these tyres Saturday and had a blowout on Monday; I think they were on sale for a reason! I have never had a blow out ever in my driving life until Continental and the trye shop obviously claimed it wasn't the tyre, it must have been something else so I paid for 5 tyres and got four...? By continetal with the knowledge there is is no customer support!
I haven't had them long enough to evaluate performance however based on my first two days experience never again
Weak side wall, he same quality as before, no customer support

best tyres i have ever had

I have done around 10.000 with the continental contimax contact mc5 and I have no complaints at all.
They are by far the best tyres I have ever had on my car in dry and in wet conditions.
I was able to get each tyre for $168 and great value for money,
very quiet and smoth tyres