Continental ContiSportContact 5

Continental ContiSportContact 5

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
david
david

Tyres

Standard tyres, nothing special about then they wear down fast enough so I wouldn't be rushing back to get them again, shop around for them and if you get a good deal go for it, otherwise spend a little extra on a higher quality tyre and you'll know the difference after 50000kms

Purchased in March 2015 at Costco for $650.00.

Paul.
Paul.Sydney, NSW

Expensive tyre, very fast wear.

Probably the fastest wearing tyre I have ever owned, and most expensive. My 2019 C300 Mercedes chewed through the front run flats within 12000klms. This is totally unacceptable. One tyre was bald just shy of 10000klms.

Purchased in November 2019 for $430.00.

Other Passenger Tyres

Can't wait to get rid of them

Purchased in September 2018 at Dealership Direct.

AMG owner
AMG owner

Michelin don't make the correct sizes, so I have purchased Dunlop Sport Maxx RT2....yet to be fitted.

Nice, but fragile... I've had enough!

I've been running Continental ContiSportContacts now for about 8 years. And with every generation, the sidewall can fail (where maybe you've hit a small pothole or bump... not hard but it creates a blister on the side wall). This has happened three times now. They just aren't very robust. Like others say, they are nice tyres, grippy(wear quickly), quiet etc etc, but they've let me down too may times and they aren't cheap to replace. I've got Michelins (PSS) on the other car and they have been fantastic.

Purchased in August 2018 at Continental Tyres.

andrew
andrewSouth Australia

Good gripping tyre but worn out so quickly

A really grippy tyre, great in the wet and dry. Really disappointed at how quickly they have worn though. Only 26000km on my Holden ZB Calais Tourer and nearly down to the wear indicator marks. Don't expect to replace a set of tyres so soon. Do mainly highway driving.

Purchased in January 2018.

TempleFit
TempleFitSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great tyre! But... they wear out a little fast.

I like these Continentals. They are quiet, grip well in wet or dry and can handle being thrown around. I have them on my very heavy Lexus LS600hL which can wear the edges off tyres quickly. The Conti’s started showing shoulder wear at about 40,000Ks or 20 months. So good for maybe 45,000 to 50,000 kilometres. I recommend these for highway driving mostly.

Purchased in October 2018 at JAX Tyres for $334.00.

KW Chan
KW ChanSydney, NSW

Good brand tyres with sporty look

Bought this tyre at a discounted price as I know it is a famous brand and fits my car's sporty look. Has used it for more than 5000kms and still hitting the road. Runs smoothly and grip the road well.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Omid Jahromi
Omid JahromiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome

I bought a set of continental tyre to put it on Audi A4 2019. It's very smooth and barley hear any noise inside the car cabin. My car run very smoothly after I have changed the tyres. I'm happy with overall quality.

Purchased in September 2019.

Noise Level

Mscharli
MscharliSydney

NOT RECOMMENDED

We bought these tyres in August for a Volvo V40 diesel. At a routine Volvo service in October we found 2 of the tyres were damaged beyond repair. Bob Jane Haberfield refused to accept any liability and said it was driver error. We foolishly bought 2 more of these from Bob Jane as they offered a small discount and it was easy. NEVER AGAIN as another tyre developed a problem with the tyre wall.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $600.00.

AdiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rubbish tyres - the worst ever. Had to replace in just 17000 km.

These tyres came fitted on my new Santa Fe which I bought in January 2019. The car had done just over 17000 kms, and one of the 4 tyres became completely bald at the edges. The remaining three tyres also didn't have much of the tread left on them.

I have never driven done any offroading or harsh driving to cause such excessive wear. The tyre pressure has always been mainted at 35-36 psi as per the manufacturer's recommendation. Santa Fe is my family car and driving with these tyres was a risk, so I had to replace all the 4 tyres at just 17000 km - and of course I did NOT buy Continentals. Never again.

The worst tyres I have had in my life so far.

Purchased in January 2019 at South Morang Hyundai.

HolbiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Contisport Contact 5

Came fitted to our new car and we have now done just over 7000 km. I have found them to be very good in both wet and dry and tar and gravel road conditions. Wear seems negligible so far. They are reasonably quiet and hold a great line when pushed the car handles great and these tyres are part of that.

Purchased in January 2019.

stayxtrue
stayxtrueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute Rubbish

We have these tyres from Hyundai on our Tucson highlander and they have worn down in around 35000kms! We mainly have only highway/freeway driving so no harch breaking or turning and these are now pretty much ready to be replaced. I would expect at least 50,000kms at a minimum from a tyre. Its safe to say that we will not be putting these back on the car. I have never used Continnental tyres in the past and I will not be using them again. These are just pure rubbish

Purchased in June 2017 at Hyundai Dealers.

Mark M
Mark MAU

New Tyre, that does its job

I had a puncture i needed to replace and the Tyre shop recommended this Tyre. Its been a great all rounder and has performed well in different conditions. I haven;t noticed any performance changes but its grips well

Purchased in August 2019 at JAX Tyres for $405.00.

Shirl
ShirlPerth, WA

Good Grip Tyres

Drove it in wet conditions for the first time since replacing all existing four tyres which appears to . Excellent grip which makes driving in wet conditions less intimidating. Ride was comfortable with these tyres and performs well under both wet and dry conditions overall.

Purchased in May 2019 at Tyresales.com.au for $214.00.

Matthew. B
Matthew. BWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Rubbish

Bought a set in 225 45 19 for Mazda 6 diesel wagon. Two tyres destroyed by woody weeds and only lasted for 20000km ( six tyres) at $370 a tyre terrible valve.

Purchased in February 2018 for $370.00.

cbutler88
cbutler88asked

Which tyre is yhe softest ContiSport Contact5 or 6

Johan C.
Johan C.asked

Have got a set of 225/50 R17W on my 2015 Mercedes but road noice is evident and am afraid to takr on any gravel road.
How durable are these tyres for gravel roads?

Holbi

I have minimal to no real road noise from my Continentals, so am surprised with yours. I have only driven about 16 klms on gravel with no problems whatsoever.

Adi

I never drove on anything other than normal roads, but had to replace tyres at 17000 km. But the tyres were alright for road noise, it wasn't too bad. These are not durable tyres at all.

Picko
Pickoasked

What is the visual signs a continental contact sports5 is a MOE tyre and is this a run flat tyre?

Golfmother
Golfmother

Sorry but not a run flat .

Hates scammers
Hates scammers

Check out their website, it’ll give you this information, also Moe stands for Mercedes original equipment.

Jarkko
Jarkko

On the side wall, just under where it says "ContiSportContact 5 SSR" you'll find the letters MOE. Golfmother is correct, they are not a true run-flat tyre, but offer similar characteristics (see the speel below). My understanding is that if you drive the entire 80 Km at 80 Km/h, the tyre is toast. You might be able to salvage it if you limit your driving distance to 30Km.

"The ContiSportContact 5 SSR is Continental's Max Performance Summer tire designed to provide temporary extended mobility in case of complete air loss due to a puncture. The ContiSportContact 5 SSR's reinforced sidewall enables the car to continue on its way at a maximum speed of 50 mph (80 km/h) for up to 50 miles (80 km), depending on road conditions and vehicle weight.
Though they cannot be labeled as run-flat tires, tires branded with MOExtended or MOE on their sidewalls offer run-flat-like characteristics by delivering limited temporary extended mobility after a puncture results in complete loss of air pressure".

See all Continental ContiSportContact 5 questions