Continental ContiSportContact 5

• Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
KW Chan

KW ChanSydney, NSW

Good brand tyres with sporty look

Bought this tyre at a discounted price as I know it is a famous brand and fits my car's sporty look. Has used it for more than 5000kms and still hitting the road. Runs smoothly and grip the road well.

Purchased in December 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Tyre Mileage 5,000 km
Car ModelKia Cerato BD (Sedan)
Tyre Pressure Used32 PSI
Omid Jahromi

Omid JahromiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome

I bought a set of continental tyre to put it on Audi A4 2019. It's very smooth and barley hear any noise inside the car cabin. My car run very smoothly after I have changed the tyres. I'm happy with overall quality.

Purchased in September 2019.

Mscharli

MscharliSydney

NOT RECOMMENDED

We bought these tyres in August for a Volvo V40 diesel. At a routine Volvo service in October we found 2 of the tyres were damaged beyond repair. Bob Jane Haberfield refused to accept any liability and said it was driver error. We foolishly bought 2 more of these from Bob Jane as they offered a small discount and it was easy. NEVER AGAIN as another tyre developed a problem with the tyre wall.

Purchased in August 2019 at Bob Jane T-Marts for A$600.00.

Tyre Mileage 4,200 km
Tyre Pressure Used30 PSI

AdiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rubbish tyres - the worst ever. Had to replace in just 17000 km.

These tyres came fitted on my new Santa Fe which I bought in January 2019. The car had done just over 17000 kms, and one of the 4 tyres became completely bald at the edges. The remaining three tyres also didn't have much of the tread left on them.

I have never driven done any offroading or harsh driving to cause such excessive wear. The tyre pressure has always been mainted at 35-36 psi as per the manufacturer's recommendation. Santa Fe is my family car and driving with these tyres was a risk, so I had to replace all the 4 tyres at just 17000 km - and of course I did NOT buy Continentals. Never again.

The worst tyres I have had in my life so far.

Purchased in January 2019 at South Morang Hyundai.

Tyre Mileage 17,000 km
Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe
Tyre Pressure Used35 PSI

HolbiRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Contisport Contact 5

Came fitted to our new car and we have now done just over 7000 km. I have found them to be very good in both wet and dry and tar and gravel road conditions. Wear seems negligible so far. They are reasonably quiet and hold a great line when pushed the car handles great and these tyres are part of that.

Purchased in January 2019.

Tyre Mileage 7,200 km
Car ModelFord Escape ZG
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
stayxtrue

stayxtrueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolute Rubbish

We have these tyres from Hyundai on our Tucson highlander and they have worn down in around 35000kms! We mainly have only highway/freeway driving so no harch breaking or turning and these are now pretty much ready to be replaced. I would expect at least 50,000kms at a minimum from a tyre. Its safe to say that we will not be putting these back on the car. I have never used Continnental tyres in the past and I will not be using them again. These are just pure rubbish

Purchased in June 2017 at Hyundai Dealers.

Tyre Mileage 37,000 km
Car ModelHyundai Tucson TL Highlander AWD, 2.0L Diesel, Automatic
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
Chris

ChrisAU

New Tyre, that does its job

I had a puncture i needed to replace and the Tyre shop recommended this Tyre. Its been a great all rounder and has performed well in different conditions. I haven;t noticed any performance changes but its grips well

Purchased in August 2019 at JAX Tyres for A$405.00.

Tyre Mileage 1,800 km
Car ModelMercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156 GLA 250 4MATIC
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI

Shirl

ShirlPerth, WA

Good Grip Tyres

Drove it in wet conditions for the first time since replacing all existing four tyres which appears to . Excellent grip which makes driving in wet conditions less intimidating. Ride was comfortable with these tyres and performs well under both wet and dry conditions overall.

Purchased in May 2019 at Tyresales.com.au for A$214.00.

Matthew. B

Matthew. BWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Rubbish

Bought a set in 225 45 19 for Mazda 6 diesel wagon. Two tyres destroyed by woody weeds and only lasted for 20000km ( six tyres) at $370 a tyre terrible valve.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$370.00.

Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

GolfmotherMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Best to date that i have had on this car

Excellent tyre , great grip wet or dry , certainly enhance the AWD grip when pushing hard through corners .
Rotated at 5000km but no noticable wear .
Value around $220 each but worth it for comfort and low noise.
Over all well recommended if you have a highervtech car

CarAudt tt awd

JarkkoAdelaide

They wear out super quick, but otherwise a great tyre

Great traction and super quiet, a great tyre from driver’s perspective. Unfortunately, they are expensive and wear fast. I managed only 16,000 Ks on a new Mercedes C200 before they were bald. This was totally unexpected as I usually manage to get around 25,000 Ks on most other sports style tyre.

Edit: Managed to get a great price on a new set direct from Continental dealership (35% cheaper than from Mercedes Adelaide). Decided, better the devil you know and purchased again. Hopefully, with the wheel alignment and regular rotation will get better Ks. As mentioned, they're fantastic on the road, particularly if you like to drive. With the better price from Continental, I have revised up my rating from three-star to four.

CarMercedes 2015 C200
liz

lizBrisbane

Hate them

They wear out. I had a wheel alignment when I purchased then 10,000 in and they had already started wearing out. I am up to 22,000 I think I will need new ones very soon. I looked online and I should have read the reviews before I bought them. I will never buy them again. The tread is fine just patchy. The grip is ok except when wet has a tenancy to slip around corners and I don't speed. I will not buy them again.

CarHolden

Hates scammersSydney

Excellent when looked after

I’ve found them as good as other good quality tyres, and purchased them buy 4, get one free, so it seemed a great deal. A few weeks later, the conti super sport 5 came out! Standards points to make, you must be sure they carry the correct air guidelines for your vehicle otherwise they will definitely reflect poor wear, and in the wet, they can have a tendency to spin unless you’re in sports mode. They are very quiet on the road which is a great plus, and after 35ks, I’ll probably look at a new set if I comfortably reach the 45k+ mark

Car2010 Audi convertible
Greg O

Greg OMelbourne

Great tyres but they wear quickly

Bought these as they were Motor magazine top tyre of the year (2016 or 2017?). They have been fantastic - great grip especially in the wet. Only issue is I am noticing they are wearing quickly on the rears of the Commodore compared to a harder, less grippy tyre. Trick would be to rotate them early (before 10,000 klms) so you can wear them easily.

CarHolden Commodore VE SS
Azza

AzzaHunter Region, NSW

All rounder

Great wear , handling and performance.
We have these on our Mitsibishi 380 sports model , although a little more expensive it is worth the money , quiet ride .
We will definitely get these fitted on our other car shen due for more tyres. Highly recommended to everyone to use.

CarMitsubishi 380

REVIEWER

REVIEWERSydney

Good Performing Tyres

These are good performing tyres. Offered good grip in the dry and in the wet. Gave a confident driving experience. Low road noise.

The only con would be slightly higher wear rate and higher priced tyres.

These were purchased online so pricing was too good to refuse and gave them a try.

CarLexus IS200
George

GeorgeSydney, NSW

Put a price on handling?

These feel really sticky on the road, especially with a very light medium power car, they get smoked on my higher power cars but hold nicely at the front, and noticeable improvement in the wet compared to others I’ve tried. But they are pretty pricey considering what else is out there...

Car1992 MX5
Lucille

LucillePerth

Absolutely fabulous

Love these tyres. Road hugging, corner turning. Feel really safe with these tyres on my car. Found it difficult to get replaced. I persevered as the dealer / service centre I purchased my car from didn't didn't sell tyres. Great wear, I good cling to road in wet weather. Happy me

CarEos tdi 2010
BJK

BJK

Value for money and good quality

What can one really say about a tyre? I have had these tyres since the car was made in 2014. I recently got a flat which was not repairable. I was more than happy to replace my previous tyre with the same brand although it was a little difficult finding a stockist.

CarFord Fiesta
Missholly1234

Missholly1234Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great safety !!

These tyres are excellent ..I feel extremely safe driving under all conditions ...
The brand I normally purchase were going to be a few days wait ..and as I was travelling the next day I decided to go with what was in stock ..
Whilst they're not the most expensive I've ever purchased I feel they are a very good quality .
Whether I'm driving on wet roads or the occasional country gravel road I'm confident in the performance ...
I have no hestitation in purchasing them again ..

CarMercedes

Johan C.

Johan C.asked

Have got a set of 225/50 R17W on my 2015 Mercedes but road noice is evident and am afraid to takr on any gravel road.
How durable are these tyres for gravel roads?

Holbi

I have minimal to no real road noise from my Continentals, so am surprised with yours. I have only driven about 16 klms on gravel with no problems whatsoever.

Adi

I never drove on anything other than normal roads, but had to replace tyres at 17000 km. But the tyres were alright for road noise, it wasn't too bad. These are not durable tyres at all.

Picko

Pickoasked

What is the visual signs a continental contact sports5 is a MOE tyre and is this a run flat tyre?

Golfmother

Sorry but not a run flat .

Hates scammers

Check out their website, it’ll give you this information, also Moe stands for Mercedes original equipment.

Jarkko

On the side wall, just under where it says "ContiSportContact 5 SSR" you'll find the letters MOE. Golfmother is correct, they are not a true run-flat tyre, but offer similar characteristics (see the speel below). My understanding is that if you drive the entire 80 Km at 80 Km/h, the tyre is toast. You might be able to salvage it if you limit your driving distance to 30Km.

"The ContiSportContact 5 SSR is Continental's Max Performance Summer tire designed to provide temporary extended mobility in case of complete air loss due to a puncture. The ContiSportContact 5 SSR's reinforced sidewall enables the car to continue on its way at a maximum speed of 50 mph (80 km/h) for up to 50 miles (80 km), depending on road conditions and vehicle weight.
Though they cannot be labeled as run-flat tires, tires branded with MOExtended or MOE on their sidewalls offer run-flat-like characteristics by delivering limited temporary extended mobility after a puncture results in complete loss of air pressure".

andy

andyasked

has anybody traveled a decent mileage on these tyres as if i only get 55thousand klms i will call them rubbish? i have always thought continental was a top brand i have bought audi q7 with these fitted and i was happy but not sure now i had gmc yukon suv and nexon was fitted new cost $800 for all 4 73000 klms and still had tried left towing 3ton van north so bought a new set but sold suv