MPNs:3662930, 3662983, 3663014 and 8 more
3.8

72% · 4111 · 19%
Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Claim your listing.

Roy
Roy

SUV tyre punctured by wood chip

Driving around town a wood chip punctured a new tyre (<5000km) on the edge of the tread. As an SUV tyre I expect some resistance to puncture, but these tyres are very soft rubber and don't appear to resist punctures. Too early to comment on wear. No other issues with performance to comment on. Rating is based on being an SUV tyre.

Leonard
Leonard5 posts

Great tyres for a great price

Purchased these tyres at jaxx quickfit last year when they were running a 4 tyres for the price of 3 offer. They are excellent tyres from a reputable brand. Grip levels are fantastic in my clio sport 4, exceeding the performance of the stock good year eagle as2 tyres in both wet and dry conditions with ease.

Fuel economy doesn't seem to be affected however they are a tiny bit noisier than the good years but not by much so I still give them 5 stars, especially given they are $100 a tyre cheaper than the good years

Dan
DanMelbourne4 posts

Great sports tyre

Love these tyres! Significant upgrade from the OEM tyres, completely transformed the car. I went from Dunlop Sport Maxx GT 225/35/19 to ContiSportContact 5 225/40/18. Only after this did I realise how much I was driving on eggshells with the Dunlops: the ride was much too firm, and terrible traction. These Contis give me a much nicer ride (going from 19" to 18" probably played a part) and grip much better in dry and wet. Have to push pretty hard to lose traction, but even then stay predictable (unlike the Dunlops!). Seem quieter too. Done about 5000 km now, and wear seems reasonable. No regrets!

Steven
StevenPerth, WA16 posts

Good

This is a good tyre. I have change all 4 together. My car wasn't a high performance so cant really tell what the different. But for a family car, it has serve us pretty good and been using it more than a year. Will keep using it when the price is good.

Ian
Ian

Dangerous during life

Purchased a new Ford MD 2016 Mondeo Titanium Wagon which has these tyres fitted as standard. After 30,000ks of 90% pure freeway driving between Melbourne and Canberra, the tyres still had a further 10,000ks of tread left and are in good condition however they are sliding around everywhere. Can't go round a roundabout at just above idle without them sliding losing grip causing a clunking of the vehicle trying to steer around the roundabout or even backing out of driveway and then turning to drive off. BUT THEY STILL HAVE 10,000ks LEFT. WARNING, don't trust these tyres even if they still look good.

LisaP
LisaP4 posts

Great in the rain

Just got a full set of these on my car and I'm very pleased with them. They cost a little more but are well worth it. They stick to the road in the wet and dry which was just what I was after. I feel very secure driving with these tires. When they're done I'll be replacing them with another set of continental. 5 stars for these tyres!

Clint
ClintSydney, NSW16 posts

Good tyres

I brought these tyres for my car. They are a tad dearer than most but I feel continental have a good reputation. I do notice the tyres stick to the raid better than my lady tyres, but I find they are wearing quickly. So I give them a 4 star rating

Converted
Converted

Excellent on our Ford FG XR6

What a difference the Continental ContiSportContact 5 made to our Ford FG XR6, tyre size 245/40/18

Tyres Improved - better handling - quieter - smoother softer ride - and the wear so far after 7mths and 13 thousand ks is far superior to our previous tyres in fact the tread is still deep and even, wear is only minor visible

A family member recommended these as he has them on his VE SV6 and is very happy, and now so are we.

We had been using Bridgestone Potenza RE002 the last couple of replacements and were happy with the grip in wet and dry but found them noisy and very poor wear at around 18 to 20 thousand ks before needing replacing if lucky.

Would I buy the ContiSportContact again, absolutely, would I recommend them absolutely.

Jose
JoseNew South Wales31 posts
por012
por012AU47 posts

Millionaires Tyres

I have a four year old 328i BMW sedan which came with Continental Run Flat tyres. Replaced at 25,000kms and now at 52,000kms will need to again replace shortly. $350 each. 18 inch rims standard.

Told by BMW to drive at 41kp - this ensures they are rock hard, and guarantees a bent rim with a pot hole at 45kmh. Hard, and worst of all, wear out far too early despite major use city leisure driving ie 12,000 kms a year.

Told by Bob Jane distributor - known to be 'soft' tyres and not surprised at usage pattern.

John O.
John O.Gold Coast7 posts

Shane
ShaneSydney Surrounds, NSW11 posts

Roadbiker
Roadbiker

Best tyres I ever had

Replaced Bridgestones with ContiSportContact 5. Outstanding grip and performance in dry and wet conditions. Excellent cornering. Very quiet compared to previous tyres. Would not know any better tyre on the market at present. Got it for a pay 3 for 4 deal from JAX so very good value for money proposition.

Shahfam
ShahfamBunbury5 posts

This is perfect

I bought about a month ago and change all four tiers and its perfect, I love that and no noise at all. I bought from bob jane T-mart in special and just paid for three and get 4th free with free fitting and balance. I recommended to every one that need new tyer. I say again that's perfect .

David Holden
David HoldenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA44 posts

Expensive but worth every $$

Got these days on my new vehicle and when it came to having to replace the 2 rears some time later I didnt hesitate to go for them again. Absolutely brilliant in the dry. Nice & quiet and give you a good degree of confidence when driving on them. Recommended +++

Jay Kotay
Jay KotayNorth-West & West coast, TAS19 posts

Continental Contispoet Contact 5

I purchased these tyres from Kmart Tyre and Auto in Launceston Tasmania, for a 2012 Honda Legend .

I found them to be an excellent tyre in the wet. Dry grip is phenomenal.

It is nice and quiet as well. Longevity at this stage is unknown- it seems to be wearing quite well. I do check tyre pressure regularly.

It was very well priced as well.

I would recommend this tyre very highly particularly for country roads.

Passenger Tyres

Find out how Continental ContiSportContact 5 compares to other Passenger Tyres

Crossrip
CrossripSydney, NSW63 posts

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Continental Tyres? Claim your listing.