CoolCabanas

See the Best Outdoor Furniture Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by CoolCabanas

Pros

Simple to use products
Offers good value for money
Responsive customer service

Mechanical failure and safety concern

My CoolCabana broke at one of the joints during our very first use. Will from coolcabana customer service asked for a picture and when I sent him the picture he offered to send me a new part and asked me to repair it myself. I responded that I was uncomfortable allowing my children to play beneath their product which already broken and failed once. Will‘s response was that the company didn’t does not allow the return of faulty unsafe merchandise. This in my mind speaks to an incredible lack of consumer safety concern and a dangerous company culture. Perhaps if we had had a serious injury we would have been treated differently. Maybe next time…

Purchased in .

CCB
CCBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Misleading pricing. Poor customer service.

Dealing with this company has been the worst customer service I have experienced in a long time. Not only did they admit to a pricing error but then argued about honouring the price. Further would not provide company policy on resolving the matter, even though asked repeatedly. The customer service person who seemed to also be the manager was patronising and defensive. I like to support Australian companies but recommend steering clear from this company.

AGD
AGD

Worst experience ever!

Product is very flimsy and broke on the first setup. Haven't been able to use it at all.

I paid for the return only to be told that it's user's fault, product cannot be repaired and no mention of any type of refund.

Thanks for stealing my $200+. This is by far my worst experience on any Australian product. I'm very disappointed with the whole process.

BillyPerth, WA

Terrible product and even worse customer service

The product is flimsy and I would never recommend it to anyone, buy with extreme caution. Then when you speak to customer service about your issues they don’t want to hear it and just make you pay to return it.

Purchased in for $189.

Hi Billy,
Devastating for us to hear that! We take complaints like this very seriously. Do you mind if you could send your order number or email address so I can look into this further?

Billy

Unless your returns policy has changed there is no point. Will made that very clear and was rude about it too.

MikeSydney, NSW

Worst service

Ok, tried to order one for Mothers Day this year, ordered 2 weeks before, had to cancel as wasn’t going to turn up in time.
Take 2 Fathers Day, carbon copy of Mother’s Day.

Purchased in for $200.

Hi Mike,
Could you please send an email to hello@coolcabanas.com so we can look into this further? Also, are you based in NSW? Do you to lockdowns Australia Post have had significant delays in the area.

m_prince78@hotmail, yes NSW.
Why would you advertise as a Fathers Day gift if you fulfill this. The same thing happened when I tried to purchase one 6 months ago. Please call me to discuss.

Very disappointing customer service

Purchased in for $398.

Tate
TateSouth East Queensland, QLD

I don't know how they got 5 star. Its a scam on their website

Purchased in for $199.

CoolCabanasCoolCabanasSend a private message

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

smart-shopping-tips-to-help-you-make-the-most-of-black-friday-sales
Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
christmas-gift-ideas-for-mum

melc

Poor quality, does not last.

We purchased one of these back in Nov 2017 and it worked well for just over a year, though was not used very often. I'm not sure what is wrong with it as it was always erected as per instructions but it has lost its square shape, though no poles are damaged. Always looks wonky once setup, though still gives shade. I'm looking for a new beach shade but won't be spending money on another Cool Cabana. Great idea but have been disappointed with the quality.

Purchased in for $129.

Hi Melc,
Nice to hear you had been enjoying your CoolCabana! In our earlier models, occasionally the shape could lose some 'spring'. This has been addressed in the CoolCabana 5 with new materials that bounce back into shape after wind resistance.

melc

That's great to hear but I have no intention to buy a new one as my past experience was of a poor quality product. I will try my luck with a different brand.

Ange
AngeSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY

I ordered 4 December, it’s been 5 weeks I haven’t received it. Their attitude is “it’s with Australia Post so not our problem”. Your company, your product, your reputation, your problem! They will only give me a refund if I return the product to them (at my own expense)...if I had received the product I wouldn’t need a refund. I see another reviewer on this site ordered in December and received in 3-4 days, so where is mine?

Purchased in for $369.

Tiff Emma
Tiff Emma

No response, paid and no item

Paid for our CC four weeks ago. Still not dispatched and no assistance from the team. Very disappointing, should not be that hard! Seems very disorganised. Would not recommend due to poor customer service

Purchased in for $300.

Hi Tiff,
Could you please send us your email or order number? Or send us an email at hello@coolcabanas.com. I'm sure we can help you out.

Ribs are not sturdy

glenn66
glenn66Southwest, VIC

Angry

One arm broke the first summer after approx 10 uses. Coolcabanas replaced the arm and it the first time i used it an arm broke again (not sure if it was the same one) and they are unwilling to replace this arm and claim it was my fault and is out of warranty. I was incredibly careful because i know now how flimsy they are and are absolutely useless in even the mildest wind. I see the newer cabanas have flexible arms which would clearly indicate there was a problem with the original style. Do not touch!!

Purchased in for $129.

Glen
GlenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Better off with an umbrella

I purchased a cool cabana September 2019. Used it twice over the summer period. This year went to the beach, put the shade up and the arm broke.
I contacted customer service who asked for an order number and photos of the broken arm. I sent the order number but NO photos.
The response was - Thank you for the photos, it looks like you have forced the cabana open which broke the arm and your warranty has expired. Funny, I never sent any photos. I assume that that must be the standard response from the company.
Anyway, I won’t be buying another one. It cost me $150 which worked out at $75 an outing!
Better off buying a beach umbrella, I have one that has lasted over 20 years.

Purchased in for $150.

No feedback

My cool cabana was supposed to be dispatched on 25/10/2020 and that they would notify me so that I could track the delivery. Now 28/10/2020, no notification from them, no response to my e-mail. Am now worried as I have just ordered another one for a Christmas present and not sure whether I am going to receive either one of them.

Purchased in for $127.

Disingenuous at best

I ponied up bad paid the $189 for the "cool Cabana". Out of the box the canvas bag that holds the poles was ripped at the seams. Shoddy workmanship (see pic). I emailed for a replacement and they said the bag is not necessary and to enjoy my cool Cabana!. I called attention to their very on instructions video on their website that clearly shows the poles going into their own bag (see pic). Am returning. Stick with Shibumi. More expensive but they do have customer service.

Purchased in for $189.

Noor N.
Noor N.asked

How does it stand on a windy beach day?

Karen K.
Karen K.asked

The sand spike does not slide into and out of the middle pole easily. This is the second CoolCabana I've purchased and never had this problem with the first one. Can some kind of lubricant be used?

Lyne D.
Lyne D.asked

What size is the Cool Cabana mat when folded ? Your site says « tiny », but that does not tell me anything. Also, how heavy is it ? Is it a straw like material or is is just printed ?

Get an answer from our members and CoolCabanas representatives

About CoolCabanas:

CoolCabanas is a beach goods brand that mostly sells beach shelters, as well as beach mats, towels, and loungers. They offer free Australian-wide delivery on all their products.

The company’s beach shelters have a range of features:

• They only need one person to set them up and pack them down, making for a fuss-free beach trip.
  • The shelters have open sides so you can feel the breeze.
  • They’re lightweight and simple to carry.
  • Anchored columns to stop them from blowing away - making them much more stable than the average beach umbrella.
  • Everyone can enjoy the shade and protect themselves from the sun under either a 4m² (medium) or 5m² (large) shelter.

What have reviewers had to say about CoolCabanas?

Reviews of CoolCabanas have mostly been positive. Reviewers have praised the high build quality of their products, saying that they were sturdy and simple to use.

Most reviewers also noted their CoolCabanas product represented great value for money, with users saying that it was a worthwhile investment as their shelter, mat, towel, or lounger stood the test of time and gave them many uses.

The customer service was mostly praised in user reviews, particularly how responsive brand representatives were when customers reached out to them. Some reviewers however did report that a wrong order was sent to them, and they didn’t receive helpful customer service when they contacted CoolCabanas.