Cooper CS5 Grand Touring

Cooper CS5 Grand Touring

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Cooper Tires? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Off-Roading Frequency
peterCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Great value, 80K+, AWD territory

Purchased in May 2016.

110K and still going!

We put these Coopers on our Mazda CX-5 after the factory fitted were done. They have been brilliant. 110,000km and still at least 10,000 left. No punctures. Lining up the next set now!

Purchased in May 2016 for $285.00.

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Subaru XV

The Yokohama tyres that came with the car lasted around 72,000klms. Took a punt and bought Coopers CS5 Grand Touring. Amazing grip in the wet (back when it used to rain). Particularly like the wear indicators. Mine are around 50% at 70,000klms (although I doubt I'll get 140,000 out of them). As mentioned in another review make sure to get the excess rubber (from the moulding process) taken off before balancing. Still getting excellent grip from them.

Purchased in February 2018 at Tyrepower for $235.00.

Gareth G.
Gareth G.

Fantastic

Awesome tyres for the price. Running them on a kia sorento 2015. As long as they are rotated properly they should last 20-30000 km longer than their nearest competitor. Grip uncompromised even in the wet. Great follow on from the cs4's which I had on an old x-trail.

Purchased in January 2019.

Aidan
Aidan

Great First Impression - and keeps going strong

I have had these installed on my Subaru Forester XT and have driven about 5000 km. This has included driving on the beach and along riverbed type 4x4 tracks with plenty of sharp rocks.

The tyres have performed well with no damage evident from the rough tracks while still outperforming the cheap road tyres that were previously on the car during on road performance. Including high speed on wet roads.

Overall I am happy so far and will consider these a good value buy even if I only get another 30,000 km which they should far exceed.

UPDATE: The tyres are still going strong and have handled several beaches without issue. Still very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in July 2019.

San
SanHunter Region, NSW

Good change to start

Just replaced Toyo A24 with Cooper's today. It rained all day today and I can clearly feel the comfort in wet condition on day 1 comparing with the first day of buying the car. The old ones started deteriorating at 60K and we're done and dusted by 74K. These come with 80K warranty. Let's hope they keep the same way going forward

Purchased in June 2019 at Tyrepower for $255.00.

Keith2Adelaide

Very quiet, have only noticed wear is almost non-existence

Purchased in August 2018 at Beaurepaires for $1,090.00.

Taz
TazKarratha

Perfect

I purchased these tyres 3 months ago and have done around 5000kms in this time. The tyres are wearing very well and a great in wet weather conditions and gravel roads. The car is also much better on fuel and has a much smoother ride. I highly recommend these tyres for a safer drive.

CarSuzuki vitara

rassaf
rassaf

Excellent Tyres

What can I say, Cooper are a very good tyre manufacture.
They are more expensive but worth it.
These are my 3rd set of Coopers on this car and I can't recommend them highly enough.
They are over a year old and have few thousand of kms on them but still look like new.
Still very quiet, smooth and we feel reassured driving on them.
I bought them from Tyrepower at Geebung, Qld. Chris is excellent to deal with.

Car2004 Toyota Kluger Grande

Wyze
WyzeQueensland

Done at 25k on the front but the rear still like new

These Cooper CS5 tyres are good but on our particular SUV really needed to rotate them front to back at 10000 or 15000. Without rotation around the vehicle our front tyres were both equally done after 25000 kms and the rear tyres still have plenty of tread left. They are quiet on the highway and never missed a beat across a fairly wet season in SE Qld.

CarLexus RX 400h
Suzy
SuzyNortheast, VIC

Great tyres

I purchased these tyres about a year ago and so far they are wearing very well. They are not noisy. They are great in wet weather and fuel economy has improved since I had these tyres fitted on my car. I have always been a Michelin girl but I may be convinced these are as good or better.

CarHonda CRV 2005 Sports
Southern ROOSussex Inlet

Redeemed

The tyres in my previous evaluation settled down after about a month and my feel for the road normalised.
I have just changed them after 100,000 klms. Quite impressive wear and tear.
Yes, I did replace them with the same tyres and there has been no repeat of the original problem.

Car2013 Subaru Outback.
maree
mareeSydney

Looking forward to seeing how they perform

CarMazda CX5 2016
Energy
Energy

Don't buy these purely for low noise.

Just fitted 2 of these, CS5 215/65/16 to the front of my 2006 Tucson and they are a little noisier than the old mostly worn out kumhos that were on it . Steering is similar, maybe holding a straight line better, but no improvement in cornering on this car with generally lethargic under steer.
Comfort and minor bump absorption feels a little better. From a strictly noise perspective I would try something different next time.

Car2006 Tucson V6 AWD

Xy guy
Xy guyCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great tyres.

CarNissan Deisel XTrail

Read more reviews - page 2

Devo
Devoasked

Are CS5's directional tyres?

Southern ROO

Suggest you direct this question to a tire expert- I am just an end user - no idea.

Chris
Chrisasked

Is there only one supplier of Cooper's Tyres in Townsville, North Queensland?

Southern ROO

Do you mean supplier or retailer? You can get them in most big Queensland towns and cities from the main retailers.

Chris
Chrisasked

I currently have Bridgestone Dueler H/T687 215/65R 16 98H on my 2012 Forester. If I change 4 tyres to the Cooper CS5 can I still use my unused Bridgestone spare as a spare or will I have to buy 5 CS5's?

Hi Chris,
I am not an expert on tyres. I am just a person who uses them. I suggest that you contact either a tyre retailer or your local motoring organisation. They could give you the technical realities of using mixed brand tyres.
Ps I have a Geolander as my spare but have not needed to use it so far. I would only use my spare to get me out of trouble before replacing it with another Cooper CS5.

Keith2

Quite a few years ago, I was in a Nissan Patrol, in the Outback, when it started raining, turning some areas into skating rinks. After hitting a hidden hole (covered in watery mud) the Patrol, skidded to the side hit the edge of the road and turned over. The car belonged to my employer and when rescued several hours later, one of the rescuers was a car mechanic. He said one of the contributory factors was a mix of tyres, across axles, probably caused by swapping out after a puncture. On my own vehicles, I have always had five same tyres fitted and rotated as necessary.

petron
petron

I would use the Bridgestone as it is only a temporary fix until you either repair or replace the damaged CS5.

See all Cooper CS5 Grand Touring questions