🏆 2024 Award

4.3
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling
Smooth and comfortable to ride
Provide excellent grip in wet weather
Brand Manager for Cooper Tires? Claim your listing.

Deb M.
Deb M.North Queensland, QLD4 posts

2nd set that developed delamination bulges

Very good wearing BUT! We’ve purchased 2 sets of this for our car. First set - tyres bulged and de laminated well before their lifespan was complete. We received a pathetic $20 off each new tyre to compensate us. We foolishly purchased another set (because we couldn’t receive any compensation if we bought another brand. After 40000klm 2 tyres developed delamination bulges leaving us almost stranded way out of town on a public holiday. Would not recommend! Show details
peter

TelePt
TelePt
  Fair Incentive

110K and still going!

We put these Coopers on our Mazda CX-5 after the factory fitted were done. They have been brilliant. 110,000km and still at least 10,000 left. No punctures. Lining up the next set now! Show details
Overall
Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Subaru XV

The Yokohama tyres that came with the car lasted around 72,000klms. Took a punt and bought Coopers CS5 Grand Touring. Amazing grip in the wet (back when it used to rain). Particularly like the wear indicators. Mine are around 50% at 70,000klms (although I doubt I'll get 140,000 out of them). As mentioned in another review make sure to get the excess rubber (from the moulding process) taken off before balancing. Still getting excellent grip from them. Show details
Gareth G.
Gareth G.5 posts

Fantastic

Awesome tyres for the price. Running them on a kia sorento 2015. As long as they are rotated properly they should last 20-30000 km longer than their nearest competitor. Grip uncompromised even in the wet. Great follow on from the cs4's which I had on an old x-trail. Show details
Aidan
Aidan14 posts

Great First Impression - and keeps going strong

I have had these installed on my Subaru Forester XT and have driven about 5000 km. This has included driving on the beach and along riverbed type 4x4 tracks with plenty of sharp rocks.

The tyres have performed well with no damage evident from the rough tracks while still outperforming the cheap road tyres that were previously on the car during on road performance. Including high speed on wet roads.

Overall I am happy so far and will consider these a good value buy even if I only get another 30,000 km which they should far exceed.

UPDATE: The tyres are still going strong and have handled several beaches without issue. Still very happy with the purchase. Show details

Overall
San
SanHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Good change to start

Just replaced Toyo A24 with Cooper's today. It rained all day today and I can clearly feel the comfort in wet condition on day 1 comparing with the first day of buying the car. The old ones started deteriorating at 60K and we're done and dusted by 74K. These come with 80K warranty. Let's hope they keep the same way going forward Show details
Keith2
Keith2Adelaide96 posts

Taz
TazKarratha7 posts

Perfect

I purchased these tyres 3 months ago and have done around 5000kms in this time. The tyres are wearing very well and a great in wet weather conditions and gravel roads. The car is also much better on fuel and has a much smoother ride. I highly recommend these tyres for a safer drive.

rassaf
rassaf21 posts

Excellent Tyres

What can I say, Cooper are a very good tyre manufacture.

They are more expensive but worth it.

These are my 3rd set of Coopers on this car and I can't recommend them highly enough.

They are over a year old and have few thousand of kms on them but still look like new.

Still very quiet, smooth and we feel reassured driving on them.

I bought them from Tyrepower at Geebung, Qld. Chris is excellent to deal with.

Wyze
WyzeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Done at 25k on the front but the rear still like new

These Cooper CS5 tyres are good but on our particular SUV really needed to rotate them front to back at 10000 or 15000. Without rotation around the vehicle our front tyres were both equally done after 25000 kms and the rear tyres still have plenty of tread left. They are quiet on the highway and never missed a beat across a fairly wet season in SE Qld.

Suzy
SuzyNortheast, VIC11 posts

Great tyres

I purchased these tyres about a year ago and so far they are wearing very well. They are not noisy. They are great in wet weather and fuel economy has improved since I had these tyres fitted on my car. I have always been a Michelin girl but I may be convinced these are as good or better.

Southern ROOSussex Inlet10 posts

Redeemed

The tyres in my previous evaluation settled down after about a month and my feel for the road normalised.

I have just changed them after 100,000 klms. Quite impressive wear and tear.

Yes, I did replace them with the same tyres and there has been no repeat of the original problem.

maree
mareeSydney2 posts

Energy
Energy15 posts

Don't buy these purely for low noise

Just fitted 2 of these, CS5 215/65/16 to the front of my 2006 Tucson and they are a little noisier than the old mostly worn out kumhos that were on it . Steering is similar, maybe holding a straight line better, but no improvement in cornering on this car with generally lethargic under steer.

Comfort and minor bump absorption feels a little better. From a strictly noise perspective I would try something different next time.

andy
andy

do they make 285/45/20

Devo
Devo

Are CS5's directional tyres?

Southern ROO

Suggest you direct this question to a tire expert- I am just an end user - no idea.

Chris
Chris

Is there only one supplier of Cooper's Tyres in Townsville, North Queensland?

Southern ROO

Do you mean supplier or retailer? You can get them in most big Queensland towns and cities from the main retailers.

See all Cooper CS5 Grand Touring questions

Features:

• The Cooper CS5 Grand Touring Tyre is built for 90% of driving on road and sand, and 10% on dirt and mud.
  • The tyre has 3D Micro Gauge Siping, which lets the tread blocks interlock to give maximum stability for more traction, handling, and safety.
  • It’s also easy to determine how much life is in the tread with Wear Square visual indicators.
  • R-tech engineering gives you a safer and smoother ride with sidewalls with extended bead filler and performance compounding as well as nylon reinforcing overlaying the steel belts.
  • The tyre is formulated with chemically-coupled silica, which provides excellent traction on wet roads while lowering rolling resistance.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Cooper CS5 Grand Touring Tyres were smooth and comfortable to ride on.
  • They also said that the tyres provided excellent grip in wet weather conditions.

Extra Information

Brand Manager for Cooper Tires? Claim your listing.