CopRice Max’s Cat Litter

CopRice Max’s Cat Litter

See the Best Cat Litter in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for CopRice? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Odour Absoprtion
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.Gippsland, VIC

Terrible litter

The litter dOesn’t clump as stated, in fact turns to dust making it impossible to scoop. Unpleasant odour also. I will not be wasting my money on this litter again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Caltex Woolworths.

Guest
GuestSydney, NSW

Best one yet

I switched over to this product after the clay litters then breeders choice failed to neutralise the odour of my recently sexually mature male cat's wee. I admit Max's litter has an odd smell but its great at neutralising the ammonia odour coming from the wee. My boy accepted the litter without fuss and I dont need to change the litter as often either as there is no horrible smells. Very easy to clean too! Hopefully this product doesn't change like most do.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA for $15.00.

Merilin
Merilin

Unfortunately the worst litter so far

It has a bit strange smell, like cereal or smth, I didn't mind it but my cat refused to use this litter. Unfortunately he decided that sofa or anywhere else in the bathroom is much better to pee on instead of his tray... Going back to the crystal litter after 2 days trying to convince my cat to use this product.

The odour was overpowering

I purchased this wanting to be a bit more kind to the environment, and instead the cat decided that it was nicer to use the couch as a toilet than the litter tray due to the overwhelming odour that permeated from the litter tray. A horrible product that was thrown away. Back to the drawing board.

Find out how CopRice Max’s Cat Litter compares to other Cat Litter

Worst smelling litter I have tried!

This litter smells worse than what the cats leave behind in it, and that's saying something! I thought I would try it as the litter I use is very expensive and I thought it might perform similarly while being less costly. Big mistake, it took weeks to get the horrible smell of the litter out of my bathroom, the cats were reluctant to use it too and preferred the second tray with the other litter still in it. Had to throw it away in the end and go back to my previous litter.

PJ Bear
PJ BearMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

2nd Worst cat litter Ever

This cat litter has zero absorbancy & zero odour control. 1 bag lasted 2 days, I constantly pull out soiled parts, but my cats wee would sink to the bottom causing a huge ammonia type smell. This might be acceptable for some cat owners, but not me or the boss (Naji the best cat in the world)

Ishtar C.
Ishtar C.

Worst cat litter ever

Stinks stinks stinks. Litter EVERYWHERE even I've put mat at the entrance of the litter box. I have 3 cats, 3 litter box. Only one litter box is filled with this. It only last for ONE day if not less. Almost impossible to clean up and I need to throw away all used litter every 1-2 days and the house still stinks and no cats use it. Even paper litter is cleaner and less stinks. I'd give no star if there's an option.

Penny
PennyFreemans Reach

Dusty

We have used Max's for over 20 years and used to love it BUT lately it is so dusty. I have complained twice in the past five years and after a rigmarole a new bag is given but it happens all the time now. We buy 20 bags a month and we get at least one bag in 20 really dusty and it sets like rock on to the bottom of the tray.

Jenb
JenbSydney, NSW

It stinks 7 cars say so

This product though inexpensive stinks. I used it years ago and forgot the horrid smell, it made me ill. The cats most of them, 7 refused to use it and peed elsewhere. Not their fault they have sensitive noses.
The smell is shocking.. After it sitting in their trays for up to a week, unused I threw it out..

Adeline
Adeline

Effective odour control but very dusty

Pretty good overall but I wish it were less dusty.
- The natural rice/organic smell is pleasant to me, though I'm sure this is subjective and some people may not find it so pleasant.
- Contains the cats waste odour quite well
- Extremely dusty. This is the major con for me. Sometimes kitty's white paws end up brown.
- Does track a little, and fairly lightweight so easy for cat to fling out of box when digging, can be messy.
- Clumps but you have to scoop carefully as the clumps tend to break up easily
Good odour control, reasonably priced
Very dusty

Terrible

I think the fact that this litter had a smell at all offended my cat and therefore he would not use it. If it had no smell it might have been fine. So unless your kitteh has not sense of smell I wouldnt not bother trying this product. Trying to convince the cat that the chair is not a toilet has taken weeks.
Not heavy like clay, good on the environment.
It has a smell and therefore my kitty preferred to pee on my couch.

lex09
lex09

Good

Max's cat litter is brilliant, smells sort of woody, even when it is fully soaked with urine it doesn't have any sort of overwhelming ammonia smell. Lasts for ages and my cat seems to like it. It is also natural and biodegradable, so you can put it on the garden and not worry about your cat licking his feet after using the cat litter, he won't be licking any chemicals at all.
Natural, made of rice husks, drastically reduces smell, easy 4kg bags
Price for something used to POO in, I mean, seriously...

Once I found a metal fragment in my litter, probably wouldn't have caused my cat any bother but I wasn't impressed