Costco ACT, Canberra

See the Best Supermarkets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Costco? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Not Happy
Not HappyAranda 2614, ACT

Calling to get information about 2 items in store.

People working there do not know the items in the store. They are rude and not helpful. They just give you the run around and hang up on you. I would NOT recommend this store to anyone!!!!

Jessica Sampson
Jessica Sampson

Doesn't have the items I need, so not worth it for me

Never buy fruits from Costco

Recently brought two large punnets of strawberries( looked really good) and mandarins. Had to throw them out the very next day as the strawberries had fungus even though it was stored in the refrigerator and the mandarins tasted terrible.

Sumandeep
Sumandeep

Worst customer service no satisfaction

We have been to costco canberra about the jewellery purchased on mother’s day . They told us we cant try in store and try at home . When i tried at home went out for mother’s day lunch and due to locking fault in earings lost one . When we went back to discuss manager advised he cant do anything its unique case. Then we asked what is the 100% guarantee satisfaction meaning . Worst manager in canberra costco

hbomb
hbombCanberra Central 2601, ACT

Very poor service

Some time ago I bought a bottle of Bombay Sapphire gin because its price was lower than at Dan Murphy. But on checkout I was charged a higher price. It took 15 mins at customer service to reach the head of the queue and then another 15 mins for the refund of the difference to be made. Both staff who dealt with the issue were sullen throughput and offered no apology: rather they left the impression that I was the problem rather than their system. Their bureaucratic checking was truly Soviet style, which goes with the examination on departure.
Today I tried to call for advice on how to handle a very heavy item. Their phone menu offers no relevant option. Nobody answered. I will go to Bunnings.

Chantel N.
Chantel N.

Appalling social distancing procedures and on-going harassment of paying members (with total disregard of world events)

Disbelief
DisbeliefCanberra 2600, ACT

False advertising for cost of prescription glasses

The service attendants do not provide details about the cost of lenses in addition to the cost for frames. I purchased frames for $170 then was told lenses are an additional $170!!! This is not communicated anywhere. Really?? Cheaper at specs savers.

Picklemadge
PicklemadgeCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent customer service

I have bought outdoor furniture, electrical goods, hardware, clothing and grocery lines from Costco. I am always impressed with the quality of the products, value for money and their customer service.

On a few occasions I have had to return products and I have never encountered any problems. My receipts are kept electronically and it has been no questions asked - if I’m not happy they’re not happy. Full refund on the spot!

A lot of other retailers could learn a lesson from Costco.

Steve Dep Domn
Steve Dep Domn

Fix the customer service

Very unpleasant staff that will throw you off shopping altogether. The managers seem racist, the male doorman with the square glasses seemed to have some mental affliction where he wouldn't stop hassling. I find this extremely rude as we go there just to buy products not to be stalked by your staff. Looking at the mostly negative reviews about your staff and various stores which are all recent, your staff are very very badly trained with horrible processes. With this kind of situation perhaps it is time for the regional managers to rethink this store, update your store management and provide better staff training.

Thanh Nguyen
Thanh NguyenCanberra 2600, ACT

Bad service staff

AGX
AGXCano

Rotten strawberries & unpleasantness leaving.

1st shop. On leaving, unpleasant woman poked around in our trolley. Looking for....stolen items?Strawberries opened the following morning were okay-ish top layer, covered in fur underneath. Question: do I need to travel across town for this unique experience?

Extremely disappointed! Do not recommend!

I shopped at the Canberra store today and bought the 2kg tub of Chobani yogurt, dated with an expiry date of 4/10/19
I was disappointed to find the yogurt was off.

Shamik Banerjee
Shamik BanerjeeGungahlin 2912, ACT

Perfect store for big families

Wonderful product line, excellent customer service, always diverse range of products available. Very friendly staff members, always there to help, specials are great to buy when available, really value for money for the membership. Fuel is good quality.

Michelle
MichelleCanberra 2600, ACT

really good customer service

I have experienced really good customer service at Costco. after paying my blueberry, I dropped on the floor. One of the staffs come alone and asked me if they could exchange another box of blueberry for me. I refused as this is my fault. However, they make me feel valuable

Rachna
RachnaNGUNNAWAL

Rude and unfriendly staff at Costvo Canberra

Very bad custom service staff at entrance and sample demonstration counters. No etiquette or politeness. My 12-year-old son got literally a shouting from a sample demonstration staff at Mozrealla cheese stick counter this afternoon at Costco Canberra. I had to literally rush to my son's rescue and said I am with him. The staff at the entrance also have no smiles or welcoming attitude but act as if they are the bosses. This had been happening for last three four months, earlier there was no problem. I am thinking of not renewing my membership as one can get better value for money with Coles specials and lot friendlier and courteous staff.