Costco QLD, North Lakes

See the Best Supermarkets in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Costco? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Gaye
GayeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic help from the hearing section

People do not take their time to print nice reviews, only bad ones thus my take on Costco at Northlakes.
Not once can I complain about service, EVERYONE throughout the complex has been helpful and lovely, but I would like to make the most comment about the hearing section.
The girls there, especially Mary, are just beautiful. Dealing with half deaf people is difficult at any time for both sides, however they could not do more to help and are so patient, which of course calms the customer and helps to make a difficult situation as easy as possible. Thank you girls for all your help and thank you Costco..

Austrialia Physiotherapi
Austrialia PhysiotherapiAU

Average prices

For a large Global Company such as Costco you would expect better prices. Even though there is a Huge Australia's Housing Bubble that is about to crash at any point due unsustainable and unbelievably high prices which people are still purchasing at jaw dropping prices-the items offered at chains such as Costco need not follow suit. In saying this Costco still far outclasses the Woolies/IGA-ect of the Australia markets as these groups are simply taking from the pockets of hard earned Australians

Steven C.
Steven C.South East Queensland, QLD

Some Staff need an attitude adjustment

My wife a brand new member to Costco (today) and was told off in no uncertain terms for going the wrong way to the Customer area to actually sign up ( not very well signed either)

Jen O.
Jen O.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad attitude of cashier

I always shop here. Great range of products and reasonable price as well. But this morning< I was appalled by the attitude of one of their cashier, named Blake. I guess he was not trained well on how to handle the products with care and not just throwing it to the other guy, who was at the receiving end. He should concentrate well on his job than his mouth that talk nonstop.

I AM M.
I AM M.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Under weight

Usually can't complain about the quality, and service. however this time, I bought meat, weight was labelled at 3.2 plus kilo, got it home and it only weighed 2.5kilo. Now wondering how often the meat is labelled over weight, and over charging people. When I called customer service to correct the problem, they tried to pass me on to different departments, which resulted in them hanging up 3 TIMES! But finally on the 4th time I called them, they added a note to my membership, and will show them a photo next time to resolve it. End result not too bad (hopefully) but Do I have to take scales with me every time I shop now? Does only one person in customer service know what they are doing?

DJS
DJSFar North Queensland, QLD

Pink Lady Apples 2kg tray

We are from FNQ and visit Costco whenever we are in the area, love it! We have visited most of the Costco stores in Australia and always support them when we can. We bought some apples yesterday and could only eat 2 out of 9 apples. 7 went to the garden waste tin. All had brown centres and were chalky. Such a shame as they looked fantastic. Very disappointed.

Emily
Emily

Average

Love Costco itself and they have some great stuff however their food court is ridiculous only two workers there and have to wait forever just to get an item or two, and their platters are disgusting as well. We ordered a sandwich platter and a hye roll platter they weren’t fresh and were not very nice

Artificer
Artificer

Absolutely perfect customer service

1020 am Sunday morning 12/12/2021 we were greeted by sales clerk Steffanie.
Most welcoming, so breezy & positivity to be helpful.
Totally unlike most local types.
Lovely conversation about Marshall Action II we were buying.
A credit to both herself & this company.
She, with her welcoming smile, made our day get off to a very lovely start.

Dianne
DianneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not always great

The Chicken Tikka masala says that it feeds 5 if you only like sauce and no chicken it was a sauce of capsicium had to cook up extra chicken and serve condiments to just feed 4. Dont use the costco naan breads either they awful and the shelf life indicates full of preservatives.

Tam S
Tam SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Uncooked hot chicken

Went to Costcos Northlakes on 18th June to buy a hot chicken for dinner. Looked and smelled great. Plus, they had a great review from A Current Affair.
Took the chicken directly home. Divided it up for dinner with family. First bite - tasted soft, was moist. Investigated and found chicken meat under skin was still pink and uncooked. Stopped eating. But too late. Spent 5 days extremely ill. Saw doctors twice, almost got admitted to hospital. Antibiotics. Antiemetics - and I lost a week of work. Not what I needed, Costco.
You should have a way to check if your chickens are cooked through before they are sold.

Liz Piscopo
Liz PiscopoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Out of stock

Normally l would rate this store 4 out of 5 stars. Went to shop here from Oxenford only to find the produce such as chicken and lamb were out of stock. In particular, lamb shanks and lilydale chicken breasts were out of stock. Went to buy lunch....no onions for our hotdogs. Staff member if kiosk told us it isn't her fault. Who is to blame then? To travel this far to find that our main items were not available makes me wonder why do we pay a membership fee??????? ?z

• Incentivised Review No
pete1968
pete1968South East Queensland, QLD

Good service

I live around the corner from Costco and stop in on the way home regularly. Great prices on certain things I need. The food service, while very cheap, requires much better management. My daughter and I waited 25 minutes for a hot dog and one slice of pizza. It was a Saturday, so lots of people waiting, and the had two ladies serving?! Really?! Pull your Sox up Costco management. Not good enough.

Find out how Costco QLD, North Lakes compares to other Supermarkets

Deleted an email with renewing promo

I accidentally deleted an email with a renewal promo. When I rang to find out if the promo was still available- I was told ‘without the original email, I am unable to take up the offer’ even when I suggested they see that it hadn’t been redeemed.
Sometimes accidents happen, but to be told that I can’t redeem this offer- I will reconsider renewing my membership with Costco.
Barb

• Incentivised Review No
Eddy
EddySouth East Queensland, QLD

Delivery service is worthless

Joined Costco principally to purchase a rowing machine they advertised. After joining, found out that Forest Lakes store does not have the item available. Attempted to order online only to find they refuse to deliver anywhere near us, even though we are only 25km north of Brisbane.
Have found that there are some items that are very cheap, but it seems that goods that we prefer are expensive - waste of money except for the cheaper fuel.

Traffic flow

This is the second time we have been parked in Costco parking lot waitingto exit. We have been waiting 20mins and have only moved 2 car spaces. Costco North Lakes need to have more entrance and exits.