Cougar CAT 500L 4X4

See the Best ATVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Grazier

Grazier

Absolute rubbish

The only thing Australian about Cougar is the importers.
Apart from all the breakdowns and not being able to put a hose near them the under tray collects so much seed and fodder
I'm scared it's going to catch fire. Any good reports are dribble!

Date PurchasedJul 2014

Gavin P

Gavin PBridgetown WA

Great Bikes

We have 3 of these bikes purchased new in 2012. All 3 work every day on farm performing general farm duties as well as mustering and we have never had a problems. Our full time on farm mechanic says they are easy to maintain and get parts for. We have recommended these to many people who have purchased them as well based on our experience, will buy more if these ever stop.

PeteSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Cougar Cat 500L 4x4

We have a lot of different machines on our farm. The Mountain Lion 4 x 4.It was total crap. Cat 500L 4x4 also crap. Everytime we got in it to use it there was a different problem. Our local mechanic just gave up on it. They are hard to sell too!

Mick

MickMayvale NSW

Solid workhorse since 2013

Absolute crap!

Do not buy these useless machines, absolute rubbish! Water ingress into a 4x4 quad by going through puddles! Bucket of crap!
Sits in the shed and when it does want to run you may as well bloody walk, lack of power, have had nothing but problems with the electrical system and the single pot seems to now be charred! Puss

Ian

IanLithgow

They're crap

DaveHartley, New South Wales

Buyer Beware dont get it wet.

It is a capable quad and a lot cheaper than the completion. However after sales support and warranty leaves a lot to be desired. When I made a claim they said not covered as the quad had been ridden through a creek. It had not but isn't it a 4x4 quad? I would say mud and water would be part of that.

Cougar Machinery
COUGAR M.Cougar Machinery

Simms_outbackjack

Simms_outbackjackCentral Coast

Strong, Simple, Reliable, Australian Owned, Locally supported.

I found the CAT500 a little firmer in ride compared to Polaris and Yamaha quads I have owned previously but it makes up for it with what this bike is capable of in the towing department, and under load in general. boggy terrain and towing is a breeze, you don't have to rev it hard to make it move unlike the other two. Love the brand would recommend to all ATV users, they really are strong bikes!
built for tough farm work! excels in all areas!
slightly firmer suspension but this increases towing and load capacities

Cougar CAT500L - Amazing ability

I have used many other brands in my years of hunting and travelling the country this bike is hands down the toughest, and has had the least problems. Warranty items fixed immediately! Rate It Highly!! A heap of smooth power and haven't had it stop through any terrain! And I've been through some rough tracks.
Tough bike from top to bottom, for a fully optioned bike best buy on the market today. comes standard with everything u need no hidden extras need to be purchased
Not much, had a warranty claim on a drive shaft when I was in Bathurst on a hunting trip bike was back on the road in 2 days awesome company in terms of dealing with warranty issues... never had that before!! Polaris!!

Cougar CAT 500L 4X4

Great little Quad, realiable and responsive, the service and warranty performance by the seller was excellent, great value for money compared to other more recognised and expensive brands, i use it out on the farm and it runs great, so far so good, and i am content with the purchase.
Easy to run, Great Value for money compared to other more recognised and expensive brands