3Cover-More Premium Travel Insurance - Single Trip

39% · 115175 · 60%

warren
warren3 posts

Malaysian Wonders

Found their website and app easy to use
Policy seemed good value even though [ luckily ] didnt need to claim
This is the first time i used Cover More but would use again Show details ·  1
SMM54
SMM54

Excellent Claim Approval

I had standard insurance, but Covermore wouldn't change it to a seniors rate which I found out 3 weeks later was cheaper.
Other than that, they complied with my requirements efficiently.

I had to make a claim and they responded more quickly than I expected (it was approved in 4 days).

I have used this company about 5-6 times and never had a problem Show details ·  1

Hugh G.
Hugh G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

profesional service

Sympathetic and appropriately efficient when we were facing a tragic circumstance. I appreciate your ability to process our claim without unnecessary delay or dispute. It is one less thing to deal with and at a time when we are coming to terms with a nasty diagnosis and prognosis of brain tumour (glioblastoma), this is appreciated. Show details ·  1
Yolanda
Yolanda
  Single Trip

The only insurer i will ever use!

The ease and speed at which my claim was considered and approved has made me a lifetime customer of Cover more.
If you want comprehensive protection and an insurer with integrity then this is the only company to use. Show details ·  1
Sarah
SarahPerth, WA7 posts
  Single Trip

Positive claims experience and good product

We were very pleased with the claims experience with Cover-More. The application process was simple and easy to navigate, and our claim was processed quickly. The insurance product itself was affordable and had great cover. We would definitely keep using Cover-More for future trips. Show details ·  1
Gerry
GerryPerth, WA4 posts

Rail return to Perth washed out on Nullarbor

I would of thought excess luggage because we are flying instead of planned rail travel would of come under Travel Costs. In Flight food costs had already been paid in the rail fare so this should be rightly covered under Travel costs as we had to eat. Show details ·  2
Tom M
Tom M

Covid causing changed plans

I felt the policy was expensive but important to have.
It was reasonably easy to set up.
I did lodge a small claim and it took three submissions with different documents to finalise.
I'm not sure if I've used Cover-More before. We always have travel insurance when going overseas. I've never previously had to make a claim. Show details ·  1
Elleni Carr
Elleni Carr2 posts

Speedy Response

The online claim form was not too onerous and I was able to save it to finish later. I lodged our claim on a Friday and in the morning of the following business day it was approved.
I was surprised by the speed of this.
I would most definitely use Covermore again Show details ·  1
FPasigna
FPasignaSydney, NSW
Ryan H
Ryan HSydney, NSW2 posts
Ken D.
Ken D.Perth, WA
  Single Trip

Excellent service, prompt payment of claims

Superlative service. We had to make claim when our rental.car company in Zurich [Enterprise - never again] charged our debit card for CHF1600 deductible. Cover more werereally helpful and paid in full in a couple of weeks, very few questions asked and largely just a simple online exercise. Highly recommended! Show details ·  1
A ve
A ve
  Verified Single Trip

Please stay Away from cover more travel insurance

Please do not take a policy with them.
2 months from claim no review of claim that was declined with reason which is not specific to circumstances of my claim.
4 complaint of escalation and no contact from internal dispute team and even after sending emails to internal dispute team.
Their PDS says 5 business days.
Every time you call all the answer you will get us we are escalating issue to internal dispute resolution team . Show details
Phil
Phil
  Single Trip

Very surprised at how good this product is. Please consider this provider

Very very competitive pricing, great set of services offered. Very easy to upload confidential medical information and rapid and fair assessment process. Show details ·  1
DaveB
DaveBSydney Surrounds, NSW

Fantastic

Wife fell in Bali, serious lower limb #’s.. surgery , hospital stay , transport, wheelchair, medications x-rays CT’s ….upgraded , m’flight on return to Australia.
Contact, replies, follow up’s in Bali and on our return…. Super impressed and ever since we only use them for our trips.
Please consider them . Show details ·  1
Les Simons
Les Simons2 posts
  Single Trip

Simple nad straight forward online process

Simple and straight forward especially selecting countries and pre-existing conditions Show details ·  1
Adam
AdamWestern Australia2 posts

Worst Experience Ever

Still no response from covermore from our claim back in September 2023 …
Beware do not use this company look for alternative insurer…. Show details
Travel Insurance

Find out how Cover-More Premium Travel Insurance - Single Trip compares to other Travel Insurance

LYG
LYGSouth East Queensland, QLD
Stuart B.
Stuart B.Launceston, TAS
  Single Trip

No need to lie about pre existing conditions, convenient

I was pleased, that I didn't have to lie, about pre existing health conditions, the process was reasonably simple, with some repetitions, the price was reasonable and that it had Apple pay, was convenient. Show details ·  1
Kenneth
KennethSydney, NSW41 posts
Ana S
Ana SGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Double charge no refund after 5 months

In September I purchased travel insurance from Covermore/Zurich. A system error failed to generate a policy.

I was advised to purchase another policy and assured that I’d receive a refund. After 3 months I raised a complaint with AFCA; Zurich admitted fault and said they would refund the double charge.
5 months later, no refund. AFCA is pursuing this again.
This Company is uncontactable; their staff can’t even send an email or transfer a call.
They’ve reduced me to tears.
They have been above the law and their behaviour has been unethical.

I’m relieved I don’t have to make a claim because I can’t imagine them dealing with it with any honesty.
Do not purchase your travel insurance here. Show details

Kellie
KellieRichmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts
SJF
SJFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Customer service - claim

We have used Covermore for many years. This is our first claim for an injury and the process and has been extremely poor and very frustrating. I lodged the claim in mid January, and uploaded information. I have since been asked to upload the same information three times. Not being able to speak with the claims officer direct and a ten day turnaround on any email correspondence is unacceptable. I am out of pocket for medical procedures relating to my injury. Unfortunately you only discover how good travel insurance is when you need to claim and this is just not good enough Covermore. Show details
Ricpop
Ricpop2 posts

DO NOT USE

Whatever you do do not take out insurance with this company. Not worth the paper it's written on. We had our flight cancelled with no notice from the airline till we arrived at the airport. According to the insurance company we cancelled. I cancelled the return leg as we couldn't get there anyway. Show details
maddog
maddogAlice Springs, NT6 posts

Choose Another Insurer

Had an international flight cancelled which was fixed up by the airline like accommodation and a new flight, but my corresponding flights and accommodation I had to cancel and rebook. Couldn’t make a claim on the rebooked flight and accommodation, now down 1k. Don’t use MoveCover through flight center. Show details
LMB
LMBDarwin, NT
Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Travel medical advice

While in Bali we got Corona virus. In the end it didn't affect our travel plans, even though we isolated for 5 days. The consultants on the Covermore Emergency Assistance line were absolutely outstanding, helping us with medical advice as well as advice on navigating the Indonesian medical system.
On a previous trip to Lord Howe Island we made a successful claim for accommodation after our flight was cancelled and rescheduled due to bad weather. We didn't read the policy conditions however regarding food costs and our claim for meals was legitimately rejected. Show details ·  1

Theary
ThearyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

3 months and still under review. NOT GOOD ENOUGH

I put through a claim back in Oct and it’s been almost 3 months now without a manager call back or a claims officer. I have called every week to follow up and no return call or email update.
I put through a claim which was declined after 2 months and was in dispute where I have had to go to AFCA to file the dispute.
I would not recommend this company for any insurance and it is very very hard to get a hold of a manager as they provide you so many empty promises. Show details
Hanna
Hanna2 posts

Terrible company-DO NOT recommend

Covermore is a grossly incompetent company! Definitely don’t recommend them. Had a family member fall ill in a third world country and they gave little to no assistance with repatriation. The companies communication both internal between staff and with the patients family was appalling. Every time you spoke to covermore they would tell you different conflicting information. If you need emergencies assistance overseas this isn’t the company you want to deal with. Requests to provide medical information on multiple occasions which we had already provided. No-one wants to take accountability for our claim so I had to keep calling the emergency team and explain the situation again and again or nothing would get done. Useless insurance company. Show details
Brita
Brita3 posts

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. We had a family member fall severely ill overseas and we needed to make a claim. Cover-more were completely incompetent putting up every hurdle possible to delay urgent repatriation. I would not want anyone else to go through what we did to get our family member home. This company is a SCAM they will happily take your money and not provide the service they outline in their PDS. They don’t have case managers and their communication is terrible meaning every time you ring you start from scratch. Appalling. Show details
Lisa
LisaPerth, WA3 posts

Outstanding Claims Service

I have always used Covermore for my travel insurance but have never had a claim before now. You always wonder if its going to be a headache lodging a claim but I was extremely surprised that it was so easy. The claims team responded very quickly and my claim was paid within the stated time frame. So, if you are travelling overseas and intend on hiring a vehicle, do yourself a favour and take out the top cover, yes its a bit more expensive but the benefits far out weigh the cost. Thank you Covermore, I will continue to use you for my travel insurance in the years to come! Show details ·  1
Anthony Park
Anthony Park2 posts

Booking Experience

I called the contact number for sales BUT I had so much trouble understanding the female's accent I gave up. I hope I have not been sold a pup Show details
Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts
  Single Trip

Great travel insurance and cover

Amazing insurance cover and customer service. I spoke to customer service, and they talked me through the claim process and website. I had 2 claims, and both were handled in the time they stated, and paid in the days stated also. Would highly recommend and will be using Cover more for future travel. Show details ·  1
John Tower
John TowerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Dependable and simple

I have used InsureandGo for many trips. It is simple to use. I appreciate getting a Seniors discount. My only concern is the inability to pay with American Express. Although it says they take Amex, it refused after several attempts, so I had to use other card. Show details
richard o.
richard o.7 posts

Very painful claims process

My claim was successful but painful at every step:
Online portal does not work properly
Claim assessment took over twice as long as initially stated
Request for extra information was none sensical and none specific
Advice offered over the phone was inconsistent
Phone calls were cut off
Phone wait times were long Show details
Janet
JanetSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

I am 81 and the application online was very easy to use

For my husband and I it was far cheaper than any others who claim to look after seniors Show details ·  1
chiliman
chilimanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Nic
NicSydney, NSW
Robeasto
RobeastoSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Single Trip

Took awhile with claim but great service

They were very understanding of my situation and were helpful in achieving the right outcome. Can't fault these guys - also provided great advice when I was overseas travelling and contacted them (airline lost my luggage and my phone was stolen) Show details ·  1
Dan