Cowon AW2 (Dual Camera)

Cowon AW2 (Dual Camera)

See the Best Dash Cams in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Linda W.

Linda W.Canberra 2600, ACT

Poor connectivity, bluetooth fail

Hardwired by tech at the dealer and still had unsatisfactory connectivity. I wouldn't know what the footage is like as i could never connect. doesn't work as described, overpriced, non-user friendly. Stay away

Purchased in December 2016 for $1,800.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo

Leo

LeoSydney

Disappointing- Stay away

Not Worth the Money

I had a Cowon AW2 but it gave up only after a short time, . Swapped for another one and the new one would only work occasionally when it wanted. I removed both units in disgust and frustration and purchased a cheaper unit that works better than the Cowon. I am much happier now.

Disappointed

We had the Dual Camera (AW2) installed in Jul by December it has fully drained our battery in our new vehicle. The unit itself also heated up significantly and then died. We will be ringing the supplier on Monday, to see what they say. The device is meant to have a self shutting cut off if battery volt does below an acceptable value, but that didn't seem to work. Interesting to find out what went wrong with this device, because I was quite happy with it.

Wayne J.

Wayne J.Broadford

Does exactly what it is designed to do.

My system is wired direct into the fuse box and therefore is on 24/7 and records even when I'm not driving. The cameras sit neatly in the windows and are not a distraction whatsoever which was an initial concern. The manual is not the best and setting up the app on the phone to remotely log into the cameras is not for the non technically minded. Even the garage that fitted the cameras were not sure how everything worked and just referred us to the manual and the accompanying CD. This had just the same manual so was not a help. However, for peace of mind I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking at installing cameras in their car. My son recently put these in his new car and is also happy with them.

murray.ockenfels

murray.ockenfelsSouth East Queensland, QLD

Most happy with my Cowon AW-2 Saftey cameras with GPS speed and location

Mark .

Mark .South East Queensland, QLD

Cowon AW2 Front & Rear dash cams

I purchased this camera system and had some small glitches and then the shop swapped them for a newer model due to faulty batch that they received, currently this camera is now working ok and I don't currently have any issues with them. The shop was very responsible with accepting the cams had a few issues.

BrianH34

BrianH34AU

Review of Cowon AW-2 AutoCapsule Car Camera

Marianne K.

Marianne K.asked

Why auto capsule app cant connect to camera. Presed button twice. Light stays red

Staffo

Staffoasked

I have the dual AW2, all working well until both the front and rear units' colour was staying on the solid purple. There doesn't seem to be any information on what solid purple means. I unplugged the front unit and plugged it back in and now there does not seem to have any power at all (with no lights). Does anyone have any suggestions?

bh78

bh78asked

I have the AW2 auto capsule. Having a power issue with the rear camera. Front one is fine. Just updated the firmware as suggested by Cowon but still no power at all to the rear unit. Any ideas please??

JamesT
JamesT

I am also wondering what went wrong after the update the rear camera stopped working and again when you unplug it and plug it back in the power light goes on and then goes off

CyberKev
CyberKev

Anything to add on this one, Guys? My system had been working brilliantly, but now rear unit is completely dead. I will look to try resetting unit to an earlier version of firmware this weekend, but don't hold out high hopes. Frustrating.

Get an answer from our members and Cowon representatives