Credit Simple Questions & Answers

11 questions from our users

Kate

Kateasked

When a account comes up under the enquires what does that mean? How do you know what the loan amount is for and wherw it came from?

Simon R.

Simon R.asked

Why do you send me unwanted emails. I have no interest in your service

Mehdi

Mehdiasked

Hi there as I’m confused about my credit simple account, there’s 88 offers showing on my account but when I applied for personal loan it got diclined my score is 774 can u please explain it to me?

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi Mehdi, unfortunately we can't answer questions about your personal information in a public place for privacy reasons, but you can email support-au@creditsimple.com.au for help with this. Credit providers can decline a credit application for many reasons and we don't necessarily have visibility of that or why they declined it. Hope this helps!

Rose Lelisi

Rose Lelisiasked

I recently checked my credit with creditsple and it was fine until today I was shocked to see the result. I have no idea why it is what it is now? I just want to know why this has happened please?

Rose

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi Rose, we can't answer questions about your personal information in a public forum for privacy reasons, but you can email support-au@creditsimple.com.au for help and info. Also suggest you check the tab that says 'credit report' to see what new information is being listed there that may have affected it. Thanks!

my name is jeff

my name is jeffasked

Hi, If someone were to apply for an offer on your site based on your credit score for example a personal loan and it got declined would it affect the credit rating?

ankur
ankur

Yup it's gonna decrease your score whether the loan is approved or not

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi Jeff, Ankur is not quite right here - if you get approved that won't decrease your score. If you make a lot of applications within a short period of time, it can affect your score. If you get declined, your score will probably go down. Hope that helps.

Peterborough

Peterboroughasked

I got a loan in March 2018, today, July 2018 I got an email advising that there was a new enquiry on my file. When I click the link it only shows inquiries from 4+ years ago. I'm concerned someone is trying to obtain credit in my. Name. Is it possible the loan I got in March is only just being notified to credit simple now?

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi there, we can't answer questions about your personal information in a public forum, but you can email support-au@creditsimple.com.au for help with your specific case. In general, it's probably simply that the information is new to Credit Simple and has just been loaded to your credit information with us. If the enquiry stacks up with your memory of your credit history, it should be fine. If it seems suspicious or wrong, it probably is. If you suspect it's fraudulent, you can get your credit file frozen to prevent further activity (if this is the case just email us). Hope this helps!

John

Johnasked

Hi. My D&B credit score deteriorated to the mid 500’s last year after several Credit Enquiries. With the inclusion of positive repayment data when would I start to see an improvement to my score? Thanks John

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi John, as soon as any data gets loaded on to your file or changed on your file, that would change it immediately (same day the data is loaded). At the moment only NAB is contributing positive repayment data (and only three months' worth of consumer credit not including mortgages) but we're hoping this will encourage other banks to follow suit. Hope this helps! (Also mid 500s is average - not bad!) If you'd like any help with your personal info just email support-au@creditsimple.com.au.

Isabella

Isabellaasked

I don't recall putting any information in, don't actually remember signing up to you, but I got a credit rating of 880 while everything on the list had an 0 and no information. How could you possibly have worked out what my credit rating is?

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi Isabella, congrats on your score! 880 is fantastic. We can't give out information on your personal info publicly for security and privacy reasons but feel free to email support-au@creditsimple.com.au with your query.

Not impressed

Not impressedasked

So since all of us here had the same experience with taking our identity and no credit score do we get a written guarantee that the information won't be sold or go any further ? . I would be very surprised to have a response or one that satisfies me. I only did it as I also seen it on the today show and thought it would be safe .

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi there, sorry you've had a bad experience. You can read our responses above to the concerns. In particular, we recommend reading:

The FAQs on our site: https://www.creditsimple.com.au/content/learn

The page about registering manually: https://www.creditsimple.com.au/content/register-manually/

Your rights and privacy with credit reporting: https://www.oaic.gov.au/individuals/privacy-fact-sheets/credit-reporting/

And our blog also answers a lot of FAQs: https://www.creditsimple.com.au/content/blog/

Anyone with further questions or specific enquiries about their own personal information can get help via support-au@creditsimple.com.au.

Hope this helps!

The team at Credit Simple

widge

widgeasked

how does someone else information get on my credit report?

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi Widge, this isn't common but sometimes it can happen. It's a simple case of either human error or computer error. Whenever we find something like this, we like to make sure it gets corrected. You can query the item within your Credit Simple dashboard, or email us via support-au@creditsimple.com.au and we'll help get it sorted. Hope this helps!

rory

roryasked

I don't have a drivers licence. Can I get a credit score without it?

Jane
Jane

Hi Rory, You sure can. I used my passport as I don't have a drivers licence.

Mefi F.Credit Simple

Hi Rory, yes you can! There's more info on our site here: https://www.creditsimple.com.au/content/learn

And if you still get stuck you can verify manually, more info here: https://www.creditsimple.com.au/content/register-manually/

Or email us via support-au@creditsimple.com.au.

Hope this helps!