Crimsafe

Crimsafe Questions & Answers (page 2)

Verifiedcrimsafe.com.au
Jamie
Jamie

We have recently installed a double sliding crimsafe screen door. I note that when I slide them close, it will make a bang noise when the frame of the sliding screen door slide past the frame of window screen that is not movable.
Sorry I don’t know how to describe properly. I just don’t think the door is slided smoothly at all and uncertain if this is normal.

Hope you understand what i mean n could tell me your opinion if I need to get my installer to fix it.

Maria
Maria

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Jamie, if you are concerned with your screens please reach out to the licensed supplier who installed. They can assist and address your concerns regarding this issue.

Lynette
Lynette

Hi! We had crimsafe front double screen door. For the past 12 months there has been a build up of tiny white pieces which may be a tiny husk from within some flowering trees from the base of the screens to about 2/3 of the way up I have tried just about everything to remove this build up from the bottom of both doors; wiping with warm water, using a small clothes brush, vacuuming both sides of the door but nothing worked and they look terrible! In addition, the 2 strips of steel that hold the handles seem to have had a film down the centre of the door with finger prints which look like oil smeared down the strips which cannot be removed when the screens have been cleaned. Apart from removing the crimsafe screens, which are only 4-5 years old, and replacing them, I am getting frustrated with trying to remove this problem!! I enclose some photos taken this evening and will also send photos when taken in the daylight if required. Unfortunately I am unable to attach the photos but if you provide an email address I can forward them to you.

I look forward to your help.

Kindest regards,

Lynette Bowie

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Lynette, we are sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your screen. Could you kindly email the photos to info@crimsafe.com.au. We would like to look into this for you.

Gerry O.

Our crimsafe sliding doors have been oozing a white waxy substance that is getting worse week by week. Initially cleaned it off, it is now spread across both doors and is oozing across all of the base of the door screens. This issue has been mentioned several times by reviewers, cna you tell me a) what is causing and b) how do we clean c) is this a warranty issue with your doors, thanks Gerry

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Gerry, thank you for your questions. a) this can be caused by a build up of dirt, air impurities, salt etc. b) using Crimsafe wash & wax is the best way to ensure your screens are kept clean and performing at their best. c) the original licensed supplier who installed the screens can advise if this needs to be lodged as a warranty claim. Please don't hesitate to email us at info@crimsafe.com.au if you have any further questions.

Gerry O.

Thanks for your response, however it seems like this is a common issue with Crimsafe doors ? We are nowhere near the sea ( Brisbane suburb) and clean the screens regularly, they are six years old, is this a known issue ? It sounds like it’s been raised in this forum several times ? Thanks

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Gerry, so we can advise the best options available could you please email a copy of the invoice and some pictures of the affected area? We would like to confirm they are Crimsafe screens and also follow up with the licensed supplier who installed.

Hi,
i have a question on how to escape a fire through bedroom or en suite windows , fitted with the large diamond shape design,[only on one half ] I have looked all over the net & nothing shows about this , its like they have been fitted during assembly in the factory ,it seems easier to smash the window beside it, is that the option on getting out ?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi rickxs, Crimsafe have a product called Safe-S-Cape for this exact situation. We would suggest getting in touch with the supplier who originally installed your diamond grille windows, they can advise how to safely escape in a fire with this particular style of security screen.

rickxs

Ok many thanks for your reply it is good to see you are monitoring the questions

You're welcome :)

Bev M
Bev M

Some of the mesh colour has worn back to silver so how can I fix it?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Bev, can you please send us some pictures to info@crimsafe.com.au? We would like to take a look and see how we can help.

noel bush

Hi hope you are well. I recently purchased a crimsafe door for the front of my house. A couple of problems 1 it rattles in wind because plates that locking pawl fits into are ill positioned and too large. The crimsafe installer returned to have a look at it. He put a small piece of felt on the door jamb which did no good at all and told me that that was the best he could do and left. Pretty pathetic effort I think. Also there is a 5 mm gap between the door and jamb big enough to get a bar or large screwdriver in which could be used to break open your door. I have a crimsafe door on the back of my house which has none of the problems of my new one. It was installed by a different supplier also. So my questions are is the door supposed to rattle also should there be such a gap between door and jamb? 5 mm each side means the door is 10 mm smaller than the opening. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please stay safe. Regards Noel.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Noel, thank you for your question and feedback. We would like to look into this for you with the supplier who installed, could you please email some photos of the above outlined issues and a copy of the invoice? Please send to info@crimsafe.com.au. Kind Regards Crimsafe

noel bush

Hi how are you today? Well I hope. Thank you for the reply to my question. I purchased my Crimsafe door from Cullens Blinds. Address 1/29 Enterprise Drive Beresfield NSW 2322 phone (02) 49663879. I paid a deposit of $427.25 on 06/05/2021 and the balance of $426.90 was paid on 21/05/2021. The problems I have with this door are 1 it rattles 2 there is a 5 mm + gap around the entire door 3 you can put a screwdriver between the door and the jamb and flex the door 4 with the gap around the door you can see the locking pawls and could easily damage them to gain access to the door 5 they installed an aluminium door jamb that sits outside of the framework of the house and would be easy to damage or remove 6 you can put a large screwdriver bar between door and jamb and cause it to flex. Not happy at all with this door. Paid lots of money for the CRIMSAFE name but got a bad door with bad fitment. Extremely disappointed with your product and who you allow to fit your product. I do not have a copy of the invoice but can send copy of bank statement to you to show the payments I have made to Cullens Blinds. I will email you some photos of my door in which you can clearly see the gaps and also how a screwdriver fits between the door and the installed jamb. Please stay safe. Regards Noel Bush.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Noel, thank you for outlining the issues you are experiencing. We have lodged a formal complaint and asked Cullen's Blinds to get in touch and address your concerns.

Christine B.
Christine B.

Hi do all crimsafe doors have the emblem on the mesh?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Christine, the Crimsafe badge is usually in the top left hand corner of the screen. If you don't have one we suggest getting in touch with the Licensee who installed your door so they can add one for you.

madeh c.
madeh c.

Hi there,

I can't get my crimsafe door to close after some delivery guys left the door open.

Help please.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Madeh, we would suggest getting in touch with the Licensed Crimsafe Supplier who installed the screens. If you are not able to recall who this was we can look in your area for a Licensee who can help. Could you kindly advise your postcode?

Kirsty K.

We Locked crimsafe door from the inside with snib only, how do unlock from outside ? I can’t get inside...

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Kirsty, we would suggest getting in touch with the Licensed Supplier who installed the screen originally. Alternatively you can have a locksmith come to your property and assist.

Kirsty K.

I have locked my crimsafe door from the inside and can’t open it from the outside- what my options ?

Mike G
Mike G

I have Crimsafe screens on two kitchen windows. At the lower part of both screens there are patches where the powder coating has come off. I can provide a photo if required. I wish to know what action to take to avoid rust and further damage and what warranty cover is provided. Screens have been installed for just over 9 years

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Mike, thank you for contacting us. We would suggest getting in touch with the Licensed Crimsafe Supplier who installed the screen, they will come and asses the frame and let you know what can be done. If the Licensee determines a Warranty claim needs to be lodged they will contact Crimsafe on your behalf.

Scott M
Scott M

Hi Mike.
Yes I have the same corrosion at the lower part of the screens. Our screens were first installed in 2007 throughout the house (35 of them). They were replaced under warranty in 2017. The problem has returned worse than ever and Crimsafe are refusing to rectify the problem and also making unsubstantiated claims against me.
Please let me know how you get on with future dealings with Crimsafe.
Regards Scott M

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Scott, As discussed your warranty claim was denied due to the claim being lodged 4 years after the warranty period ended, it was also determined by the photos you provided the screens were not maintained correctly.

Michael
Michael

I am quite happy with my crimsafe screen door however there is one thing which I dislike very muc.h.The mechanism inside the screen door rattlesnake a lot making a fairly a loud metallic sound. I can not even open or close the inside door without hearing this rattle, it is extremely annoying and I would like to get some advise as to what can be done about this. I got this door installed approximately 14 months ago.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Michael, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would suggest contacting the Licensed Crimsafe Supplier who installed the door to let them know there is a rattle inside.

Ced
Ced

I have purchased crimsafe security door. After a few days it was installed I noticed that there is no crimsafe logo. Does this mean it is not crimsafe?
Thank you.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Ced, have a chat to the Licensed Supplier who installed, they will be able to explain about the logo.

Harvey

I am very unhappy with Crimsafe doors. I have bought several of them, from several installers, several years apart, and all of them are corroding! They cost a fortune to buy and install, but within a few months of installation, they all began to corrode. The joins between the wire mesh and the aluminium frames are sealed by a black rubber strip. It looks nice, but suddenly a white waxy substance began to ooze out of the frame and push through the rubber strip. It also began to corrode and eat away at the aluminium frame, leaving ugly pitted areas as big as a finger-tip in the aluminium frame beside the steel mesh. Some of this pitting absolutely destroyed the aluminium frame. I rang Crimsafe and was first told to spray the corrosion spots with silicone spray. So I bought this produce and used it, but the corrosion continued. So I called Crimsafe again, and was told that because I lived within a kilometre of the sea I must wash my doors with car wash every month. I tried this, but water and grime got all over my wooden floors and requires a lot of extra effort to clean up. And who buys expensive security doors expecting them to require regular monthly washing? And why was that not explained when I enquired about paying thousands of dollars for crimsafe doors? My timber front door does not require this regular washing. Why should my expensive crimsafe door? Now, all my crimsafe doors are showing ugly signs of heavy corrosion, and the white aluminium frames are pitted and discoloured and unsightly. At the bottom, some of the frames are literally falling apart. I feel like they are rotting in front of my eyes. And crimsafe reps keep downplaying this major problem and offer me nothing serious by way of prevention or cure. This is not a single house case of problems with crimsafe. My neighbour also installed crimsafe last year, and her doors are already showing signs of this oozing white waxy substance creeping out of the joins between mesh and frames. It’s obviously a serious common fault with crimsafe doors. But the most annoying aspect is the lack of genuine concern by crimsafe, who treat this serious fault in its product as if the purchaser or installer is somehow at fault. Personally, I have given up on crimsafe because of this major fault in its reliability and durability ... and because of the shabby and disinterested way the company deals with its problems. In future, I’ll be looking at cast iron or aluminium doors. Crimsafe is not safe and not problem free, and not worth its very expensive price tag IMHO.

Scott M.
Scott M.

Hi Harvey.
Have you found any product or process that is effective in treating this problem?

Harvey

Yes, I have. My process is to get rid of the expensive CrimSafe doors, and replace them with alternative brands of security doors which do NOT suffer from galvanic corrosion. Now I am aware of the fatal flaw and inherent problem with CrimSafe doors, I have asked around and found several companies which make equally secure doors but without the fatal flaw that causes CrimSafe doors to start corroding so quickly.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Harvey, we're sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Crimsafe screens and the service you have received. We would like to follow up on the issues you have outlined in your original question, could you please email us your details to info@crimsafe.com.au we would like to address your concerns.

Harvey

Sorry folks, we've been down this path before! I called CrimSafe when the problem first became obvious. I was told to wash the doors. I followed the instructions. Didn't stop the corrosion, so I called CrimSafe a second time. I was told to spray the corrosion with Silicon Spray. I brought the spray and followed the instructions. Didn't stop the corrosion, so I called CrimSafe a third time. CrimSafe said they couldn't help me any further and blamed the installer. The installer said that was nonsense, and blamed the product, saying CrimSafe produced doors in which two different metals were in contact, resulting in Galvanic Corrosion eating into the doors and ruining them over time. The installer (Franklyns) also admitted they'd had numerous complaints about CrimSafe doors and window screens from MANY MANY customers, but couldn't do anything about it. "We just install the doors" they said! So I asked for help from an expert in Galvanic Corrosion at my workplace. He had a look at the doors and told me that I'd been caught in a Catch 22 situation by CrimSafe, whereby I was being blamed for their product being faulty, and the only way out of the disaster was to either take the doors down and pull them to pieces and treat them with very expensive anti-corrosion grease myself, or replace all my CrimSafe doors with another brand of security door ... manufactured by a company which spent more time, money and effort on making their product free from corrosion, and less time, money and effort on advertising. So, folks, that's what I did. I found several Australian companies which made excellent security doors, looking just as good as CrimSafe doors, but with less corrosion problems, such as Jesse's Screens and Blinds, and I went with them.

Crimsafe   DM

You said the issue started a few months after installation, did Franklyn notify the Crimsafe Warranty team that you were experiencing these problems with your screens?

Harvey

I have no idea what Franklyns did with Crimsafe.
In the first, second and third instances, I simply called Crimsafe direct for help (as recounted earlier).
When Crimsafe eventually told me to call Franklyns, I found myself caught ... like Piggy in the Middle ... between the Customer Service people at Crimsafe and their counterparts at Franklyns.
Crimsafe said, they were just the manufacturers.
Franklyns said, they were just the installer. They said they had nothing to do with the galvanic corrosion destroying the Crimsafe doors.
And I got nowhere ... just as I’m getting nowhere with this discussion.
Except that ... at $1,000+ per Crimsafe door ... I got several thousand dollars poorer.
And neither Franklyns nor Crimsafe would refund my money.
Clearly, Crimsafe doors didnt keep my money safe from the crooks in this case.
And Crimsafe ... please stop wasting my time with useless replies ... unless you’re offering me a refund for the thousands of bucks I wasted on your doors.

Meli Panagiotidis
Meli Panagiotidis

Hi - I’ve placed an order for a crimsafe security door - I’ve just read an article that states when two different metals come into contact you get oxidisation - product/security door will basically corrode and rust - My question is - as the crimsafe door I have ordered in going to be fixed/installed on my existing aluminium door frame, is this going to cause my aluminium door frame to rust when it comes into contact with the stainless steel crimsafe door - will the crimsafe door also rust? Please advise - My contact number is 0472 647 903 - Thank you

Carole E.
Carole E.

We now want to remove crimsafe screens. Do you provide this service?

Chris B.
Chris B.

Can I use Ranex Rustbuster on crimsafe doors

aussierules002

Hi Chris, you would need to ask a Crimsafe retailer if you are able to do that.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Chris, we recommend using cleaning products that you are able to purchase from a Crimsafe Licensee in your area. Please let us know if we can assist you further, Kind Regards, Crimsafe Team :)

Mike H

How do I paint the crimsafe mesh?

aussierules002

Mike the mesh we had installed is a dark black colour so I don’t know about painting the mesh as such.

Thanks for that

liz

My crimsafe screen doors were installed 3 years ago now one of the locks won’t work can I put a regular screen door lock in or will it only work with a crime lock

Trevor
Trevor

I believe the warranty is for ten years, maybe check that before going further

Terrific thank you

David H.
David H.

I am getting electrolysis on all of my window screens. They are cleaned regularly. Is there someway to remove these deposits

Crimsafe   DM

Hi David, thank you for getting in touch. We suggest you contact the supplier that installed Crimsafe for you to inspect for you, and if it is still under warranty then the Licensee will contact us to arrange this. If you would like to send a copy of your receipt and some photos to warranty@crimsafe.com.au so we can look into this for you aswell. Please use "Product Review - Warranty" in the subject line. Kind Regards, Crimsafe Team

Get an answer from our members and Crimsafe representatives