Crimsafe

Crimsafe Questions & Answers (page 4)

Verifiedcrimsafe.com.au
Langer
Langer

I have just had a crimsafe sliding door screen installed and 2 weeks later i was spraying for mosquitoes with Deltamethrin insecticide. I ended up with a couple of streaks across my new door which i washed with warm soapy water immediately, as in i put my backpack sprayer down and washed it immediately. The streaks were darker than the rest of the screen. After washing it seemed ok, but when the screen dried it was right back there again. Its very annoying to look at especially being a new door. My front door screen is also stained from rain hitting it, and again warm soapy water does not remove these marks. What can i do about the streaks from the insecticide marks please?

Jasmine
Jasmine

I recently purchased a Crimsafe door. I have noticed that the mesh of the door seems to be loose and pops when it is windy. Could it be faulty? What could have caused this? Thanks

Jewelly D.
Jewelly D.

I have a crimsafe door 2 years old, should the guaze be rusting, and if it does how do I clean it

Peter Ye

I saw the installers were using WD-40 to clean it, not sure if it will clean the rust too.

Jill

We have had Crimsafe screens installed on our windows but I am surprised and disappointed with the screws that have been used to attach the screens. They look like a normal 5 star screw that can be unscrewed easily. Also, the view of the screws from the inside with their protrusion into the metal frame all around our window not only looks ugly but looks like a totally unprofessional installation.
My question is, does this sound normal for Crimsafe installation?

Peter Ye

My fixed crimsafe door panel was installed in the same way as yours, it was using 5 star screws too, the installed told me its screwdriver bit was usually not easy to find, they even have to report it to the office if they lost it or damaged it, not sure how different it is comparing to normal 5 star screwdriver bit. These screws do look ugly though!

Jill

Did your screws come through the metal window frame and look lik a very unprofessional finish?

Peter Ye

Yes, my screws were coming through the metal window frame too, it does look unprofessional! But it won't be noticed if I was not paying attention on it.

EDED
EDED

Hi, we are considering having this product installed on external windows (sliding doors), our only concern is whether the product will actually stop cockroaches entering the property. Should this not be the case the crimsafe will become redundant as we will not be able to leave the windows open at night. Can anyone advise if the window frame is fully sealed or whether there are small gaps where insect can crawl inside the house?

Angela
Angela

Hi Eleanora, I have mine installed on my balcony, so a big door and I have had no problem with insects. The door is very dense and fits exactly so I think it would work for you.

Lee
Lee

Can I spray paint a crimsafe screen frame to change the colour ? What paint should I use?

ON555
ON555

I would advise against it. Crimsafe have a wide range of colours to choose from.

DaveyC
DaveyC

I have a crimsafe security screen on my back door. Can it be cut with a grinder to install a pet door?

In My opinion..

i wouldn't recommend cutting the mess as it would severely compromise the locking system ,

a good crimesafe manufacturer should be able to modify or probably make a a specialized door

Call crimesafe and talk to them

cheers

Paul p.
Paul p.

Like a hot knife through butter... lol

Dee

Hi my sister has lost both her keys to her newly installed front screen door. She had it made and installed just a couple of months ago. So it's the newest in range of key lockable doors I should imagine it cost her around 2pp hundred bucks can she get a locksmith to cut her a new key by just using the barrel code or does she have to have the whole barrel changed? Just trying to work out cheapest option as she is a single mum and can't really afford anything but obviousl has to do something and cheapest way option would be by far best for her! Can u please advise and also give an approx costs for options available. Thanks

Joe
Joe

I am not a locksmith or have particular expertise in this area but would suggest first contact Crimsafe to see if they can help you replace the key. If not ask them if the barrel has a code and/or if the barrel can be taken out. Also ask them how to do that. Take the code or the barrel to a locksmith to duplicate the key. Also youtube.com.au is excellent to find out how to extract a barrel if you can't find the code on it. When you take the code or barrel to the locksmith it should cost just the price of a key or two or at the worst a new barrel.

Hi there Dee

Sorry I cant help you in the matter of replacing leys/locks

Dee

Thank you For for your advice. I will tell her to do this. And MIL thanks for getting back even though u couldn't help on this occasion. Cheers guys

Michelle C
Michelle C

I have a question about the oval crimsafe badges. Are the crimsafe badges present on the window screens too or just usually the doors? Thanks, Michelle

Mik

Don't know. Ive removed my badges from the door

United Synergeis
United Synergeis

i want to know what the standard price for a door is. normal size doorway.

can anyone help me out?

I am just looking for an average price

Laids067
Laids067

I have crimsafe double sliding doors on my french doors. One side has completely fallen off after 15 years of absolutely no problem at all . Door is not used as much as others. How do i put it back on track?

mandgt
mandgt

Sorry, but I have no idea.

warren g
warren g

there are to locking screws at top of inside slider need to be loosend off then put back on slider then tighten them back up hope that helps

Mick

Hi I got crimesafe screens fitted with new windows, and when theres a slight breeze they sing from a whistle to a howl !!!!! that makes it impossible to leave them open as i get complaints from my neighbors and cannot get any sleep( shift worker)... been told by supplier easy fix but after multiple calls and promises to come around from both supplier and installer still no one has showed up!! and after more phone calls and emails still no help or advise , ........so can this problem rectified? please offer some advise on this prob ....or do i have to go down the name and shame avenue to get a response thanks Mick

Crimsafe   DM

HI Michael, I'm sorry you are experiencing these issues and thank you for contacting us to help you find a solution. If you can please email us at info@crimsafe.com.au with your personal contact details and the name of the Crimsafe installer, we will try to resolve this issue as quickly as possible for you. Thank you.

Bear
Bear

Hi, i have noticed scratch marks from my dog on the crimsafe door frame, how do i get these off? thanks

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Bear, the frames are powder-coated, so scratches won't "come off" exactly. If the scratches are minor and depending on the colour of your frame, you may be able to try a patch-up spray paint that is suitable for a powder-coated surface. Do not try to patch it with ordinary paint as it won't provide a good result. If you have a Bunnings or specialist paint shop handy, ask them for advice about matching your colour. If the scratches are significant, it may be worth getting a quote to strip the frames and re-powdercoat them. Your original Crimsafe Installer could provide you with a quote for that repair, if you wish. I hope this helps. All the best, Crimsafe

Angelo
Angelo

How many keys does crimsafe provide for each door? I only have two keys.

Suz
Suz

2 for each door...

Crimsafe   DM

HI Angelo, two keys is standard and would normally come with the lock. You can have additional keys cut at any key cutting kiosk, or you can get the lock changed by a locksmith if necessary and ask for additional keys at the time. Thanks for getting in touch

Dooga15
Dooga15

Hi Crimesafe,

I purchased a house which already had crimesafe doors and windows installed. The screen door lock doesn’t want to turn over anymore, what could be the problem?

Crimsafe   DM

Thanks for getting in touch. A lock can sometimes play up for a few different reasons - the most common reasons are the house has moved slightly and it is now out of alignment, or sometimes the lock gets full of dust and debris from wind and storms. Your best option would be to try a locksmith, it may be a very simple fix or if the locks are very old, they may need to be replaced. All the best, Crimsafe

Simone Mears
Simone Mears

Very amateur reply from crimsafe by someone who does not have a clue. More detailed information would be nice.

janpel
janpel

So in other words, Crimsafe don't give a toss - they got the sale and original owners have moved on so they're not interested in helping. Would NEVER purchase Crimsafe products again - their after sales service is dreadful.

Ash
Ash

Hi, I live in Springfield QLD, could you please send me details of Crimsafe installers in the area? many thanks

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Sam, There are a couple near you, you could contact either or both of them for a quote. Ireland Blinds in Bundamba, phone 07 3282 3699, email admin@irelandblinds.com.au. Also Davcon at Coopers Plains, phone 07 3875 2326, email davcon@davcon.com.au. You can find all Authorised Crimsafe Licensees on our website external link . All the best from Crimsafe

Hello CrimSafe team

I was just wondering if the 'ultimate' screens would normally be installed with a 'regular' screen side panel?

My security door and side panel have just been installed with the two combination and it looks weird with and without the rivets. I was not informed of the different material types being used throughout the two months process. Invoice has purchase of items for 'ultimate' security door.

Regards

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Mernda - sometimes customers request one screen in Ultimate and another in Regular, but I don't think it would be done that way without discussing it with you. Are you able to send us a photo please, and also a copy of the invoice that specifies 'Ultimate' and we will look into it for you. Our email is info@crimsafe.com.au. Thank you!

Mernda

Hello CrimSafe team. Thank you for your reply. I will send you an e-mail with the requested documents (Quote + Measurement + Installation).

Stevethepom

Hi, we have Crimsafe installed all around our house. We bought the house 9 years ago and the security doors and screens were installed by the previous owner. The cross bars on the sliding doors have started to break down and perish, almost as if the screen is eating into the framework. I assumed this was being caused by the salt air, but was recently advised that the problem is due to faulty materials. Is this problem fixable? Would it be covered by warranty?Thanks in advance, Steve.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Steve - that sounds like a very odd problem! Could you email some photos to us at info@crimsafe.com.au so we can see what you are referring to? Also, if you have any records from the previous owner as to who installed the Crimsafe originally, that would be helpful too Thank you!

Stevethepom

I have some very odd goings on with my Crimsafe. At the front of the house it's breaking down and falling apart, yet the door and screen at the back of the house have stayed in perfect condition. The verdict from Crimsafe support is that it's 'severe electrolysis possibly due to lack of cleaning'. Personally I'm not sold on their conclusion. Why would anybody clean the back of the house but not the front? Here are some photos of my dodgy Crimsafe: www.stevethepom.com/dodgy-crimsafe What are your thoughts?

Tiger
Tiger

Steve, whilst I'm not a fan of Crimsafe (there are better brands and products out there), I think your problem might be that the front of the house receives weather conditions differently to the back of the house - this is more common the closer your get to the ocean, bay, etc. For years I had something similar occur, and even as an example some metals below or at floor level would corroded faster than metals higher or above that were facing down. This is exacerbated on the different sides of houses. You will find products on different sides of the house will need more care that other sides the close you get to any salt air or similar conditions. Ask anyone living on canal frontage for example. Midrails on doors are notorious for suffering from some sort of corrosion, as is the bottom of the frame, ESPECIALLY on Crimsafe doors as I don't think they use marine grade stainless steel (they use the next level down when last I check), then they have metal screws, and then also have aluminium - it's a challenging mix in some conditions. That requires a lot of care. So while Crimsafe are correct that it probably is severe electrolysis, it comes as no surprise to them or me given their metals mix and how little people care for the screens is such circumstances - but then who wants to be a slave to their security products like Crimsafe seem to expect you to be.

Cheers

Robyn S
Robyn S

We too have had serious problems with corrosion on Crimsafe screen doors installed by Westral. We realise that proximity to the coast is a problem but we didn't realise when we made a sizeable investment in these doors what would happen to them. We were not told of the intense cleaning programme required when the doors were installed. Be aware if you are going to install these doors and you live in a coastal suburb you must clean the doors with a car wash containing wax every 2 weeks and it's imperative that you document the cleaning and have it verified. This is a bit of an imposition if you lead a busy life with young children. If you cannot guarantee to stick to that cleaning regime then go for a different product where the frames are made of a more robust material.

Because we didn't undertake this rigid cleaning regime Westral and Crimsafe would offer no help or suggestions about how we could rescue our doors. Crimsafe was asked if the door frames could be recoated but that request was met with silence.

A competitor was asked if the door frames could be recoated and we had an immediate response about what could be done to rejuvenate the doors. Recoating is not the answer but the frames can be replaced with a different grade material using the original Crimsafe mesh, which is the most expensive part of the door.

The lesson learnt - investigate fully before you spend big dollars.

Stevethepom

Thank you very much for the comprehensive replies, 'Tiger' and 'Robin S'.

I've also had some very interesting feedback through my website: http://www.stevethepom.com/dodgy-crimsafe.html

I'll collate the more interesting comments and post to Facebook page and my website at a later date. Cheers.

MrsK24
MrsK24

HI! Our doors are rusting within 3 months of installation! I wish I knew crimsafe did not use marine grade stainless steel mesh. $40k down the toilet really!!! Don't buy if you live by the beach is all i could recommend.

June D
June D

On my way to the airport recently I had to return home to pick up a bag I had forgotten. I then realised I had the wrong keys and so was locked out. In a panic to catch the flight, a neighbour and I tried to cut through a patch of crimsafe on the screen door to get to the lock on the front door for which I did have a key. We did manage to cut a small hole but it was taking too long so another neighbour came along and eventually managed to get me in by a different method. Now I need to get the hole repaired. Who do I get to do that? I don’t know who installed the original screen door. The hole is roughly 5 cm by about 2 cm.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi June - that must have been so stressful for you! Unfortunately Crimsafe mesh cannot be 'patched'. Screen doors and windows are constructed using a single piece of mesh and once cut, it cannot be repaired. Your best option is to contact the Crimsafe Licensee you used to install the product and ask them to come and have a look at it. The entire piece of mesh will need to be replaced. Kind regards, Crimsafe

Beverlec
Beverlec

Can I have the aluminium surround of my crimsafe doors re powder coated? I.e. I want to change the colour of the aluminium surround on my crimsafe doors.

Crimsafe   DM

Thanks for getting in touch. The door(s) would have to be stripped first, then could be powder-coated in a different colour. That would mean removing them and re-installing as this could not be done on site. If you would like to get a quote, we would recommend contacting the Authorised Licensee who installed your Crimsafe initially and they can advise you on what is involved. Kind regards, Crimsafe

Get an answer from our members and Crimsafe representatives