Crimsafe

Crimsafe Questions & Answers (page 6)

Verifiedcrimsafe.com.au
gilstamp
gilstamp

A hole has developed in the centre frame bar of the Crimsafe screen on my front door which is under cover. We live on the coast. As someone else has observed, another Crimsafe screen which is actually in the weather has not been affected. We were not made aware of the importance of washing the door. It is five years old. Now that the corrosion has gone through the material, how do we stop it? I do think that it is a technical oversight by the company to use materials which are prone to electrolysis in common environments.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi and thank you for getting in touch with Crimsafe. Would you be able to email us directly with more detail so we can investigate? If you could please contact Nicola at nicolam@crimsafe.com.au with the details of your screens - date of purchase, the supplier you purchased through, and photos are always very helpful too. Thank you. Ann Robins (Marketing Manager)

barryn56

I have a house with two Crimsafe screen doors that have pet doors in the lower half and I want to replace the screens with plain mesh. Having contacted a couple of suppliers and sent them photos, they seem to be having a hard time understanding the issue. Is it possible to get these screen panels replaced, or does it mean I need to go to another supplier for a solution? We are based in Brisbane.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Barry, thanks for getting in touch with us. We have many Crimsafe Licensees in Brisbane who should be able to recommend a solution for you. Replacing the inner mesh panel may be possible, but will depend on several factors particular to your doors. Can you tell me who you have contacted already, and are they an authorised Crimsafe Licensee? If not, I can provide you with the details of a Licensee close to you, if you provide your postcode. Thank you. Ann

barryn56

Hi, thanks for the contact - just to clarify I'm looking at replacing the mesh including the surround which is screwed into the door frame with the 5 sided security screws. I have contacted Franklyns because their name is on the door. After several hand-offs, a rep said they would contact "repairs/maintenance" section, but no response back yet. I am in Carindale, so if there's another local supplier, that could be useful.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Barry. Could you private message me a contact phone number? We will get more information at our end and then come back to you.

Thank you. Ann

barryn56

Hi Ann, would be happy to, but can't see where to send private messages to you...

Crimsafe   DM

Either we are both short-sighted, or that is only an option with a Review rather than a Question! If you email me at annr@crimsafe.com.au that would be great. Thanks!

trevork
trevork

Hi Guys, Does Crimsafe steel doors meet AS 5039 - 2008 standards and installation requires AS 5040 standard to be supplied in hard copy format? Please advise asap. For others in the market u can refer Choice Magazines website to discuss

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Trevor, Crimsafe is a stainless steel mesh security door system not a steel door product. To answer your question as it relates to Crimsafe stainless steel mesh security windows and doors:

AS 5039- 2008

Crimsafe products meet, and in some tests exceeds the Australian Standards AS 5039- 2008.

AS 5040

Crimsafe security products are sold by Authorised Crimsafe Licensees who undergo regular training in all aspects of the manufacture of Crimsafe products and the requirements of the Australian standard for the installation of security screens AS 5040.

Because Crimsafe is custom made for your door or window space I suggest if you have specific questions regarding the installation of Crimsafe on your property that you speak with your nearest Crimsafe Licensee who will be in a better position to provide advice relevant to your installation.

- Miriam

Annette

Can you see through crimsafe from the outside in? I know you can see from the inside out or I believe you can?

Thankyou in anticipation

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Ann,yes you are able to enjoy any views you have through your Crimsafe products. One of the advantages of a midrail is that it serves as a visual reminder so you do not try to walk through your Crimsafe security door when it is closed. Under strongly lit interior conditions you will be able to see in from the outside in however views into the home from the outside through Crimsafe under normal conditions are inhibited. I hope this helps- Miriam

Norm

I have purchased a Crimsafe screen door and it was installed today but has no Crimsafe logo. It was installed by a Crimsafe recommended dealer. I have previously had a Crimsafe door in Canberra and this one doesn't look as sturdy or the same quality. Is it possible I don't have a genuine Crimsafe door?

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Norm, What is the name of the Company who installed your Crimsafe door and when was it installed?

Leetoria doors and screens from Leeton NSW

Crimsafe   DM

We have a Licensee called Leetoria Windows & Doors located at 5 Massey Ave, Leeton - is this the business you purchased your door from?

Norm

Yes. After talking with them I am sure it is a Crimsafe door just didn't seem the same as what we purchased in Canberra 6 yrs ago. Also they have no logos to attach to doors.

Crimsafe   DM

Norm, if you could email me your full name, address and phone number I will organise someone to contact you about the Crimsafe logo. miriamu@crimsafe.com.au.

Judi
Judi

I'm having Crimsafe installed soon. I'm a bit apprehensive after reading so many negative comments on here. As ours is a life or death situation, I'm more than a bit scared that Crimsafe won't live up to its advertised reputation and someone will find us dead when the crazy person gets out of jail.

Has anyone got anything to reassure me that this is the safest option. Other than putting heavy steel grills on the entire house.

Also question for Crimsafe rep. Does Crimsafe have a blockout of UV or heat effect when installed? Atm, I have shade blinds installed but they have been damaged by the crazy person and are constantly flapping around and sending the new security flood light sensors into overdrive and setting off the alarms and security cameras.

Yasur007
Yasur007

Crimsafe will tell yo that this is a 'deterrant' and not a 'given'.

Robbo

Crimsafe ultimate sliding door installed. Door lock appears to have 5 screw holes. 2 each on inside and outside and 1 on striker edge. Installer did not put in 2 screws - 1 each side of the lock. when questioned, installer said it doesn't need them. if so why are the screw holes there? Also door appears to rub (friction) on the 3 locking points. again installer said this is normal as it is making a positive lock. Appears to me the 3 locking points need slight adjustment. thanks Robbo

Mark Camilleri
Mark Camilleri

I had a look at mine , I have the three screws & I gave no rubbing

Who installed yours ?

Crimsafe   DM

HI Robbo, in order to answer your question are you able to see what brand of lock it is and tell me the name of the company and branch were you purchased your Crimsafe product. Thanks Robbo.

mavis43
mavis43

I had a problem with one of my doors,rang the installer and with in a few days installer came out and fixed the door.

Robbo

Hi Crimsafe. Lock is Whitco. correction - 3 screw holes on striker edge (all 3 screws present) 2 screw holes on each of front and back of lock (total 4) - each has one screw and one empty screw hole. Installed by Wynstan. I have had no end of trouble with these guys. It's taken 4 months from order to get a working door installed. It's one muck up after another - door wrong size, installer instructed to add dodgy aluminium packing to try to make it fit, holes drilled in my door aluminium door frame when not required. cancellations 45 minutes before install of replacement door (because it wasn't made) even though they assured me two weeks earlier it would be ready. I have all the dates and times. Demanding payment and I'm still not sure if it is fitted correctly. Robbo

Robbo

Hi Crimsafe. When installer was installing door it did not have handle and lock attached. He asked me if I had the lock and I replied Wynstan took it when they removed the old door to be re-made. Installer then went to look for a 'spare' in his truck. Perhaps the incorrect Handle and lock have been fitted. The sliding door is Ultimate...does it have a different handle/lock to the previous model? Robbo

Crimsafe   DM

Hi Robbo, thank for you for that extra information. I will be back with you shortly.

Crimsafe   DM

Without seeing the lock it is difficult to provide a clear answer to your question - it would be best if I could discuss this with you directly . Please contact me on 1800CRIMSAFE - Miriam

Robbo

Hi Crimsafe. Thank you for responding. I have contacted Miriam direct and am happy with the response. Robbo

MADANT
MADANT

I am looking at getting security grills for our whole house. I want to know is there a real difference between Crimsafe, Prowler Proof and others of similar price on the market. We will be paying over $10,000 for our complete house but I cannot find anything anywhere that compares companies. I did get a quote from one company on Crimsafe and the same company said they could do at least $3,000 difference if I buy from the branch and not the guy that comes out to quote. How can that be. They also said they are the wholesaler of Crimsafe and therefore sell to others who install and yet their price was dearer then other installers we got to price. If anyone has done the comparison I would like to know.

Crimsafe   DM

Crimsafe has conducted independent tests which compare the results between 10 other screens on the market. You can view these results here: external link  .The main difference is the level of security the strength of Crimsafe offers due to the construction of the mesh and the way the mesh is fixed into the frame. Crimsafe is screwed and clamped into the frame and for a good reason: this mechanical method of fastening doesn’t loosen over time as wedged systems can or deteriorate in Australia’s harsh light or soften in extreme heat (bushfires) as some glue systems may. Some stainless steel security products which use glue or wedges to fix the mesh into the frame can be kicked out under very little impact - in some cases in under 6 seconds. The Australian Standard many companies proudly claim their products meet sets a very low recommendation for the amount of impact energy a security screen should resist – 5 impacts of 100 joules. Crimsafe regular security screens on the other hand resist a minimum of 500 joules of impact energy in a singular impact and our Ultimate range 700 joules in a single impact - which for you means Crimsafe offers much stronger protection for your money. Check out this video of a customer who compares first hand Crimsafe and a competing product. external link

Crimsafe has 20 years research and development into their security windows and doors and created the class ‘security doors’ at a time when only insect screens were available.

It depends what you want but Diamond grille products won’t offer the same clarity of vision that Crimsafe ‘s stainless steel security mesh products do nor the same level of security. Diamond grille is not in the same class as stainless steel mesh security doors – one of diamond grilles weak points is that it gives intruders plenty of purchase points where the grille may be grasped and pulled from the frame.

I hope this information helps.

To ensure you are quoted for genuine Crimsafe, I recommend going to the Crimsafe website and choosing an Authorised Crimsafe Licensee from the Find-a-Licensee app on the home page.

Unhappy66

Who ensures that the agents are actually using Crimsafe and not just a copy with a sticker slapped on?

I really want to get Crimsafe but feel weary after reading all the reviews on here....

Tammy
Tammy

I think if the company installing Crimsafe is advertising Crimsafe then they have a legal obligation to use Crimsafe. If unsure you can go to the Crimsafe website & ask them if the company selling you Crimsafe is selling genuine Crimsafe, they should be able to tell you. Hope that helps.

Hi Tammy,

Thank you for your response. I have read so many reviews and all seem to suggest agents not adhering to the requirements. If there is no one from crimsafe doing follow up quality control I think it's a matter of buyer beware to the highest degree.

Crimsafe   DM

Hi, thank you for your question. Authorised Crimsafe Licensees are listed on the Crimsafe website external link . Entering your postcode and selecting from the list of suppliers near you will ensure you will be receiving genuine Crimsafe. We are also happy to assist you over the phone - just call 1800 CRIMSAFE.

If you have received a quote from a business already and are not sure if they are on the list it is most important that you call us and we will verify that you are dealing with an Authorised Crimsafe Licensee.

We have also published a video 'Buyers Guide to Purchasing Genuine Crimsafe' that gives 5 tips on identifying that you are receiving a quote for genuine Crimsafe by an Authorised supplier if you have not selected a supplier by either of the methods above. external link

I hope this helps - Miriam.

Hi Miriam,

Thanks for your response. Wynstan is the austhirised licensee to install your products in our area. If you have a read through the reviews on here and other forums people that have the crimsafe installed don't even get official crimsafe warranty or paperwork other than the licensees receipts. We are really hesitant to get Crimsafe installed given the lack of quality control after installation. Whilst the 'buyers guide guide to genuine Crimsafe ' is available you would agree most customers would assume it is Crimsafe being being used/installed when it is potentially not. This burden should not be left to the purchaser.

My concern is that your company do not invest in governance and compliance after installation and rely solely on the licensee. This is surely a concern for us especially the money we are looking at investing being close to 15k! Without assurances means no transaction.

Concerned,

Crimsafe   DM

Hi again, I hope this answers your questions more fully. 1. Warranty and care guides for your newly installed Crimsafe product are provided by the company who installs your Crimsafe security doors and windows. Alternatively you may download one from the Crimsafe website: external link . Options to extend your warranty to up to 12 or 15 years are also available on the Crimsafe website.

2. Be assured Crimsafe Licensees are fully trained in all aspects of manufacture and installation of Crimsafe products and hundreds of installations are provided to very satisfied customers every month. Crimsafe provides Authorised Licensees with ongoing training and updates of new tools and techniques which keep them abreast of the latest in Crimsafe’s product research and development.

By selecting an Authorised Crimsafe Licensee listed on Crimsafe.com.au or by asking to see the providers Crimsafe credentials if you are conducting in-store research, you can be certain you will be receiving genuine Crimsafe. Crimsafe has internal systems that alert it to potential incidents where a licensee is selling another product as Crimsafe –there has been only one incident in the last 5 years and that company’s licence was terminated. Genuine Crimsafe licensees value their licence agreement highly and therefore would not jeopardise their opportunity with the Crimsafe product by selling another product as Crimsafe. Authorised Crimsafe Licensees also do not sell competing products in the same category as Crimsafe. However other security screen companies may claim to be able to offer you Crimsafe, or an alternative to Crimsafe and I again emphasise the importance of not assuming every security screen provider claiming to be selling Crimsafe is actually a genuine Crimsafe reseller. Use the guidelines provided and be quote-safe in order to be crim safe!

- Miriam.

meeka_inc
meeka_inc

I too WOULD be concerned with going with Crimsafe! One only has to read these first hand product reviews to see it's not as good as made out to be. The majority of all reviews for Crimsafe are negative and that's a worry; especially when it concerns after-market warranties. I've always thought I would chose Crimsafe for our security screens and now we're on the market to replace ours, reading the reviews on here have made me change my mind completely - and all these consumers can't be wrong!!!

PeteG
PeteG

Should you key lock a crimsafe door when you're asleep or out? My family now think just because you can't push your finger through the screen all you need to do now is finger lock the crimsafe door in lieu of key locking. I'd like to here what other have to say on this matter?

Taz
Taz

Hi PeterG. With regards to your questions, I suppose the starting point would be what type and standard of locks you have installed as these items are not a Crimsafe product. Your installer should have made sure that your locks were of a high quality and that all doors are of a triple lock design. By doing this you make the criminals life just that bit harder and your family and possessions that bit safer.

Secondly, if you are in the house of a day time, then finger locking should be more than adequate if the above has been installed on your doors. If going to bed for the night or going out, then I would strongly recommend that you key lock all of your screens. Regardless of how much security you have on your house, if someone wants in, then they'll find a way. What you need to do however is try and make it as tough as you can so that they don't try in the first place, or, in the off-chance they do get in, that they can't exit easily without having to find and use a key.

In addition to the above, if in the event someone did break in, your insurance company will be asking whether everything was adequately secured at the time before you went out. If it is discovered/divulged that you only finger locked your screens, then they might take the view that you did not do everything within your power to minimise the entry.

As a last thing, I'd also consider installing 3M polycarbonate film on the fixed window panes and, a back-to-base alarm system as well. Overkill? maybe... Peace of mind? definitely! Hope this info helps.

This is for ReviewerMick

What installer did you use? I was thinking of getting Crimsafe doors until reading reviews on this site & for the price am now considering option of monitored security system.

smartshopper
smartshopper

I used Franklin Blind. They are quite prompt and service is good. I have both crimsafe and security system. I won't be worried if I were you considering it comes with warranty. Hence if there is any problem, Crimsafe would fix it even if the dealership wouldn't.

Maryf

I can't find Franklin Blind in Adelaide.

sydneymidge
sydneymidge

This is for Matt. Matt could you please advise the name of the company you used successfully? We were about to sign up with Wynstan for a security door but read so many bad reviews we didn't bother. It also concerned me that they wanted the full amount up front. Thank you for your review.

Jo Sephine
Jo Sephine

We used Wynstan and paid 50% upfront and the rest upon installation.

Jules T
Jules T

Are there anyone out there actually had installed Crimsafe and is happy with it?

RD1
RD1

Hi Jules

Unfortunately yes I had Crimsafe installed. My 4 windows and front double screen doors have all corroded around where screen meets the frame. Great holes in the frame. Tried to locate Crimsafe HO to complain but can only find agents. Local installer didn't want to know. It seems they know of problem but you won't find it in their advertising. My suggestion is to check out other systems and ask about corrosion. Good luck. RD1

TC80
TC80

Not happy. Supplier and installer are not the same with crimsafe. Supplier provide the material and warranty and recommend a list of "installers" on their website. IF anything goes wrong with the installer, the supplier does not want to know. What the suppliers should understand is that if they put up a list of recommended installers for their products they should take some responsibility if installation goes wrong. Otherwise crimsafe should allow installer I trust to buy the materials and installs the door for me.

Anyway, my installer is all talk at the start after everything is installed he started blaming everything on my old frames when crimsafe is not working properly. Even the crimsafe quality assurance officer had a look and said it's been installed properly and there is nothing he can improve. After he left, I fixed the problem myself, by simply moving the striker 2mm to the right. This proves the doors weren't installed properly in the first place.

My advise for people considering crimsafe. if installer only says good things about crimsafe and doesnt mention the potential problems that he might encounter. Change the installer. Or take them to consumer affairs because they didn't mention the problems before the installation (ask yourself this question: if they mentioned the problems before, would you have installed crimsafe?) According to consumer affairs if possible problem weren't mentioned beforehand you are entitled does full refund.

Get an answer from our members and Crimsafe representatives