Cromtech CTG2500i

Cromtech CTG2500i

See the Best Generators in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Crommelins Machinery? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Lucas J.
Lucas J.Central Queensland, QLD

Worst product ever

Bought this generator on a Saturday afternoon to use for a 1100 watt aircon whilst camping. Did all the checks oil, fuel etc etc started first pull was awesome.
2hrs later was off on an overload, unplugged aircon and just left the baby monitor plugged in.
10 min later overload, reset and tried to start again. This thing was lighting up the overload whilst I just pulling to start.
Took back to A Mans Toy shop where purchased, not much can be said about their service either. They have tried to tell me that I caused it by using 91 fuel? I don't think so. Just trying to get my money back now as it is a terrible product and didn't even last 3 hrs

Purchased in November 2020 at A Man's Toyshop for $1,099.00.

Kazzastu
KazzastuSydney

Not happy

Not happy with this. Never been able to run several of my appliances, microwave, kettle, AC. Also become difficult to start after only a handful of uses. Do not recommend the product, just from my own experience. Maybe recieved a lemon? I had a smaller quieter Honda which lasted years and ran everything. It hasn't proven reliable for me.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Other Generators

Norbert Hasked

Not so sure about it!
It does NOT run my 2.2 KW Heron AC. I am using unleaded 91 octane fuel. Would it make any difference if I would use 98 octane premium?
Cheers
Norbert

Hi Norbert. No

Norbert H

Thanks Mick. Any suggestions?
Cheers and merry Xmas
Norbert

Mick

Hi Norbert, apologies for the blunt reply, struggled to type on this forum with my phone.
I don't think higher octane will make much difference. My Cromtech will run my sons split system AC in his Jayco expanda. I believe that is a heron 2.2. Also runs father in laws Jayco split system. Not sure why yours doesn't. Maybe Crommelins can help.

Regards

C3ssna182
C3ssna182asked

What brand is the motor?

Marina
Marinaasked

When I fill my crometech 2500i, Petrol goes into air filter and floods won’t start until I dry it all out! This now happens almost every time I fill it. Help anyone?

Shea
Shea

I dare say one of the check valves is not working properly and allowing fuel to flow when it is not supposed to... Unless it is a bowl type carburettor in which case your needle and seat which shuts the fuel off when the bowl is full is not sealing and flooding, and also flowing back into the air filter, needs a carby kit and/or a good clean out.